Do you keep a diary?

Psirus

I searched, but couldn?t find a thread. Feel free to close this if it is a duplicate.
Do any of you keep a diary? Why / Why not? Do you think everybody should / shouldn?t?
I don?t keep a diary, and never have. But I am considering it at the moment. I?m interested to hear you experiences and opinions on this.

Never have, tried it a few times, but got bored and stopped.

I'll look in my diary to see if I do. ... :lol:

No seriously - I do not have the time (sic) but I keep an appointments list on my work computer, with a 30 minute warning eMail.

Nope, not enough time. I tried a personal blog, same thing.

The book that I use to take note of everything noteworthy in my life is still empty. Well, it doesn't exist because there would never be written anything in it anyway.
So, short answer: No.

Nope. My life is too boring.

If I kept a diary, anyone who would try to read it would instantly forget about all the benefits to being alive. That person would feel empty for at least a week, suffer irregular sleep periods and would start to lose weight dude to loss of appetite.

My inner thoughts are THAT terrifyingly mundane.

Used to, but 'got up, went to work, went to bed' got hella boring.

Nope, i only have diarrhea!!

Yeah, i'll let myself out.. :(

No, never have, except for the ? year me and the bf were in australia, but that were more a travel journal and so we could remember where we'd been at what days.

I have a journal, but I don't write in it much. My handwriting is awful, which is why I started it, but I get everything I want to say out on my blog anyway.

My psychologist recommended that I keep one.

I have a thing that says 'Diary' on it on my desk at work, and I write things in that I have to remember, when I remember. I mean I keep getting given free ones by companies that come in and I feel guilty chucking the fucking things away with nothing in them. Is this just me? :(

I'm quite pleased that I do write stuff down actually, I've been trying to get into the habit for that last couple of years because despite being in IT support I simply cannot get on with the Outlook calendar. I would need 6 monitors for me to see everything that I want to see in one go, and even then the stuff would be too far away for me to actually look at it.

Anyway, no I don't have a personal diary log. If one day I think that what I'm doing is interesting enough for people to read about (like sailing a boat, going to space or looking after an elderly celebrity) then I'll write it down so I can flog it for millions in twenty years time. :)

Last edited:
Nope, I have very little to say of any; worth on a daily/weekly basis.

However every few months I'll snap, enter a depressive slump and then type out everything I'm feeling and my evaluations of my life so far, expectations, predictions and plans for my future and all the other crap that constitutes my life at the time. Generally makes me feel a bit better, like a big vent to myself.

I have a few of these, always interesting to read how I thought I was, generally my thoughts are entirely different by the time I re-read them a few months on. Sort of worrying that I am so inconsistent. :lol:

Tried a blog (see sig), very obvious failure. Never been good at it, more from the regularity side than the "writing a ton" side haha!!!!

I never kept a diary in the traditional sense, but I did keep a dream log for a while. Somebody read it once and freaked out a little bit, shared it with a mutual friend. They say I must be psychotic, but the voices don't think so.

Nope, the less evidence the better.

Dear Diary, today I drove to work.

In short, no, no I do not.

Nope, never had. I also had a personal blog as well, but I never used it. My life is just too boring to write about. :(