Do you like Richard Hammond?

Do you like Richard Hammond?

• Total voters
Poll added and of course I do!

Honestly?

"Gun to your head" decision, you all wouldn't choose Hammond? James and Jeremy are irreplaceable (despite james himself being a replacement), but Hammond is just a generic BBC presenter who probably just raised his hand at the office when they said "Hey guys, we need a third host for the new Top gear, anyone want the job"?

Just because Hammond has little experience from presenting other hokey car shows doesn't mean he's fully capable of "playing with the big boys", or whatever cheesy concept used to deprive Hammond of his credit as a talented presenter despite his lack of a car background. He still likes them enough to have bought a few Morgans, so he's certainly not lacking in enthusiasm.

...whatever. How can you say no to these dreamy puppy-dog eyes? :wub:

Hammond_450x300.jpg

(This thread is already filled with underlying homosexual overtones, might as well bring them to the surface.)

(This thread is already filled with underlying homosexual overtones, might as well bring them to the surface.)

Seriously. I'm about to cross post the ball shaving thread link here too just so those people can get it all out.

Kenyeres said:
...and I think Jeremy often finds him irritating and I hope he will replace him with someone better.

Because it totally comes across in the 60 minutes of edited television you get to see of them each week, right? :rolleyes:

Well, let's ask our resident psychologist, Mr. Blind

How absurd is that? JC and Hammond are great mates. Didn't you (Kenyeres) see Jeremy's face and tone when he welcomed Hammond back to Top Gear, after the crash. There was a genuine relief and emotion there for Hammond which only a true friend can give.

/lol at BlaRo's blatant exploitation of the underlying homosexual tones, for showing his personal <3 for Hammond. :p

Given that even the OP didn't vote against Richard, shall we close this one :wink:?

Seriously. I'm about to cross post the ball shaving thread link here too just so those people can get it all out.
Please don't mention "Richard Hammond" and "ball shaving" in the same post; we might get those loonies from the TG Fan Fiction Forum all drooling and ecstatic.

We're actually having this poll on a forum that came together and bought the guy a custom helmet?? WTH??

THis has to be a rile up post, right?

TG is what it is because of the THREE. And to think Jezza or James don't like him? Um....am I the only one who saw Jezza get choked up when introducing Hammond on the 09/01 welcome back?

If anything deserves a book, it's surviving brain damage after crashing a jet car, recovering and getting your life back. Just because the original poster seems to have it out for Hammond doesn't mean that anyone else does....if Hammond bugs so badly, since he has been around on this version of TG longer than James, perhaps you shouldn't watch? I would rather watch a Hammond/Clarkson car review than a James one any day. The enthusiasm is infectious and alot of the fun of TG is they are 3 guys who CLEARLY love what they do and have a blast doing it.

What a stupid post. Sorry, didn't know RH was cashing in on his brain damage - I really don't think any of them are hurting for money and frankly, alot of good came from the crash (see the Air Ambulance donation fund).

*gnashes teeth*

Last edited:
We're actually having this poll on a forum that came together and bought the guy a custom helmet?? WTH??
I added the pole to prove the OP was idiotic.