Do you like Richard Hammond?

Do you like Richard Hammond?

• Total voters
:lol: Alok really: its just lack of TG withdrawal symptoms.

Yeah. But please, don't let anyone open a thread with questions like "do you like Jeremy Clarson/James May?" :D

Richard Hammond is very talented and great presenter. Top gear wouldn't be same without him! So i wonder why here is a poll and a thread like this?

Do you like Hammond?

I got fed up with him. I think he has no place on Top Gear. He just doesn't fit there. He hardly knows anything about cars (just his beloved 911), he doesn't really do much except screaming "I haven't had my teeth whitened!!" in his irritating voice. He doesn't add anything to the show, I'm beginning to think that he's only there to attract female viewers who think he's cute with his 'cool' hair style and clothes. He's ok for shows like Brainiac but that's it.
He just wants as much publicity as possible, like after his crash, he immediately started to write a book and has been in 1000 interviews and over-dramatised things.

Also, do you think Jeremy actually likes Hammond? They're sooo different, and I think Jeremy often finds him irritating and I hope he will replace him with someone better.

Ho-Hum. As much as an opinion is allowed, I don't think getting all fanny-arsed about it will help. The poll itself prooves that, in the majority, Hammond is liked. I couldn't care less if you liked him or hated him. He's on a show and earns a f*ck of a lot more than all of us put together. (Most likely!)

He had an accident, yes. A lot of that money he would have gotten would have been compensation. He wrote a book. Good. In fact, he wrote half a book, his wife in fact, wrote the rest, for obvious reasons. So it's not even his own book!

The fact of the matter is, you can have Hammond presenting a car show, a radio show or any other kind of show and he'd still have a good fan-base. The question wasn't if you thought he was suited to Top Gear or OMFG are they all best friendz forevez, because that's completely irrelevent. The question was: Do you like Hammond. A simple yes or no, could have sufficed.

I like Hamster, but not enough to go gay for him.

James May, on the other hand .... ;)

I dunno what's more interesting...

The fact that there are people who are still voting "No"

Or, the fact that this is a public TG fan site (who friggen bought Hammond a personalised helmet) and people don't like him???

god....

Or, the fact that this is a public TG fan site (who friggen bought Hammond a personalised helmet) and people don't like him???

god....
And the "No" people are mostly random people we've never really heard of :?.

Last edited:

god....

This helmet was a nice gesture, but that doesn't mean that everyone on this site has to love Hammond (or either of the other two). I'm sure there are tons of people that can't stand Clarkson or May but still watch Top Gear.

Hammond is great! i enjoy watching him, especially with james and the challenges they do together. topgear wouldnt be the same without him

I really like Richard not as much as James May but still... And anyway Richard does the stuff that the other 2 won't do or can't do eg. I don't JC or JM would have been able to get into the Renault F1 in S10 Ep8.

Richard Hammond FTMFW!!! :banana:

TG would not be the same without Hammond on the team. Put simply, his enthusiasm and passion for the car is infectious and shows that he truly feels what he tells us during each show.

Hey, I just spotted this in another thread. Posted by the starter of this thread ;)

It's so obvious that he went back to work too early. He said in an interview that at the time they started filming series 9, he was still getting tired easily and needed much, much sleep, he slept some hours during the day too. But when he went back to work he couldn't rest as much as he should have, and you could clearly see the marks on his face, bags under the eyes etc.
He said that sometimes Jeremy drove him back home because he wasn't well enough to drive and he would fall asleepin the car on the way home.

Sure, he looked much better in series 10, but he's still very different, and not just his hair. Also, I noticed that Jeremy and James are behaving in a different way with him, they don't tease him as much as they had done before.

We should just be happy that he recovered this much, remember that initially after the crash it wasn't even sure that he was going to survive.

He writes a post like this in one thread and then bashes him in another one. :mad:

I like Hammond as well. I've given it some thought and tried to figure out if there were any of the three I don't like. I decided I do like all three of them. They're interesting, and they're all different but the chemistry when they're together is fantastic. And it's vital to the show. Plus, he's short, and Jeremy's tall. They make fun of each other, and they make fun of James, and vice versa. And since I, myself, am probably as short as Hammond, I watch him and I can relate to him quite a bit.

It'd be a very hard decision if I had to pick one of them to be removed from the show.