Do you like Richard Hammond?

Do you like Richard Hammond?

• Total voters
I like Hammond as a presenter on the show but I don't like it when he reviews cars. Clarkson should review stuff on the track and May should review cars out and about. I like him when they do the news, challenges and the cool wall.

Of course i like him.

He is a great host for Top Gear and the 1 time shows he has done as well (D-Day and Evil Knievel i.e).

He makes Top Gear better, no doubt.

Hammond is as much a car lover as Jeremy is, and I don't think he's annoying at all.
I think he reviews cas well and wouldn't have it any other way.
Oh and I agree with his opinion on 911s.
I'm making headway convincing my mom into leasing a Carrera 2S.. I think. I've convinced her to test drive it.

^ Oh God, I wish my mother had 911.

I'm making headway convincing my mom into leasing a Carrera 2S.. I think. I've convinced her to test drive it.

:shock:

And I was proud of myself for convincing my mom to get a G35.

Best o' luck to you on that front. :)

:shock:

And I was proud of myself for convincing my mom to get a G35.

Best o' luck to you on that front. :)

And I thought I was proud of myself convincing my mom to get a new Civic :(

Come on, Hamster is good! The most annoying of them all is Jezza, but there could not be Top Gear without him, so I say noone leaves.

Come on, Hamster is good! The most annoying of them all is Jezza, but there could not be Top Gear without him, so I say noone leaves.

Word.

I just read about richard Hammonds building lego tractors and a batmobile. Top Gear is much better with him. The current trio is perfect.

As i've said in other threads, he is the most replaceable of the trio. And is the only one with no automotive journalism backround (IIRC) before top gear.

I haven't gone through every post, so i dunno if any of this has been said... but Hammond hosted a million shows at once, on Men and Motors.

I don't like the guy, but thats not to say that i hate him.
Theres just something about him i don't like, even when he did Men and Motors i didn't like him.

He'll present or sell anything... and also he seems to be cashing in, on this 'OMFG car crash!!!' too much.

Last edited:
I think he suits the show well, as a counterpart to Jeremy's ego.
If it weren't for him jeremy would steal the show completely.

James is too soft to take on jeremy alone so they needed a "short angry bloke"

I like him in "Brainiac" aswell...

Do you like Hammond?

I got fed up with him. I think he has no place on Top Gear. He just doesn't fit there. He hardly knows anything about cars (just his beloved 911), he doesn't really do much except screaming "I haven't had my teeth whitened!!" in his irritating voice. He doesn't add anything to the show, I'm beginning to think that he's only there to attract female viewers who think he's cute with his 'cool' hair style and clothes. He's ok for shows like Brainiac but that's it.
He just wants as much publicity as possible, like after his crash, he immediately started to write a book and has been in 1000 interviews and over-dramatised things.

Also, do you think Jeremy actually likes Hammond? They're sooo different, and I think Jeremy often finds him irritating and I hope he will replace him with someone better.

Your an idiot and obviously have no idea how to make a car program appeal to millions world wide including women. Hammond personality is unrivaled and he is just as important to top gear as Jeremy. If the show lost Hammond, no one could fill his role. That has to be the stupidest thing i've ever heard. I'd love to see you crash and almost die and come back to the show to compete in a 24 hour race.

Ignorant idiot. Your thread fails.

SAY YES
.cmd, 3Colin, aaurora, ABxCD, acabinian, airmenair, AJ888, Alok, American TG Man, Ander, Andrew911tt, arg, aussie, AutoAero, bartboy9891, Becky the Hammond lover, Beni, BerserkerCatSplat, Big-Pat, BigDaveDogg, bjay650, BlaRo, Blindi, Blind_Io, Bloutjie, bluesix, bmwfahrer, bobflyer, bone, BorHor, bradster192, brown312, Buba, buCKin, Bugatti's Aftershave, calvin8997, canadiangti, Capacious Boot, Captain-Mid, carsonauto, castromax, CCR, chay007, chumms, Chupacabras, Cobol74, Corvu, CraigB, crashmaxx, Crazzysimon, csayaphet, DaBoom, Danny Tran, darkday2, darkimp, DaShowstoppa, Dav, davza108, dawn94, db2450, Deborah, deephallow, Dina, DinanM6, Dingingaround, dodgey, DoN, Dr.Kamiya, dschiller, Dsemaj, Duell, DuffMcWhalenX5, ed1911n, EJ25RUN, eldiaoble, Electric-Mayhem, eMKay, ESPNSTI, eurotrash, Expe, fabbe, Fiete, Final Daihatsu, Ford Prefect, Formula Stig, Frederic, Fripon, fyrzen, Gandur, georgestr, GerFix, Gibby, Gman333-X-ferrari, GM_IV, Greatgraddage, GreenBadger, GTV V6, h-p, hajj, hammerhead, HarLeQuiN, henre123, Holiace, honda95freek, IceBone, Ilpav, il_captiano, Incognitiously, InfernalVortex, intothewind, iongerm, Iosis, IsabelleLee, Ish, jackson_oat, jack_black, JakeRadden, James May's Hair, JanJan196, JBucc, jdm321, jeffy777, jibbed, jim_flint, Joc?, JoeBlo1, joeyann, Jon, jonboyz31, joru007, JosefCarlin, k.puska, kachopra, Kangaroo, Karoug, katievan, Kirsten, kitty1943, kos1, laaars, Lacrimosa626, lazza79, leviathan3k, liberal noob, linkwpc, liquid_rockface, lit143089, lnldrvr, Logan_McIlmoyl2, lokie_538, Loomy, Loz, Lunkanovic, Lurch0001, LurkerPatrol, lvnproficy, M3_Powered, maateuszz89, MadCow809, mads, Manimillion, Manta, mat1h, matt2000, MattD1zzl3, matyas, maximus, maxtortheone, McLightning95, Melas, Mercury, Mike Nassour, millenium, MinkelR, missingo, miss_slk, MitchellO, mogulbasher, Momo63, Mooecow, moraviapils, motoyen, MrChips, Munoz, myscoobysti, NAIDANAC A, narin, Neo, nfinite, NHeer-Design, No Boss, noname00, NooDle, NotTheMessiah, NUKELDUESTER, Oceansoul, Oddball_E8, OnlyABS, otispunkmeyer, Ottobon, p0w3r, pepitko, Pepto, Peroduarocks, Peter3hg, petraj, pfrocker, phuckingduck, powerof1000, preetham, Prophet Of Noise, Prost264, pseudostatik, public, qczhao, R!ck, racingfan1, raintz99, Ramseus, RdKetchup, Redoak, Red_Bull, reeneebob, reghat, Roberto, robybobey, rockvee, rskrobot, Ruthi, Salanax, Sarnya, Saturn07, seigi009, sexlexia, sifu, Silverstar, skylock, Slash, smib, SMN, SMTNomad, Snowdriver, something, sonza68, SoxXpupPeT, speedmeist3r, speedometer, speedster502, splave, sporteknik, Sruikyl, stef511, stevanford1, Steve Levin, stiggie, stogie5150, Stoyven, Suedschleife, superjohnyo, SuperStalin, superswamper, SupraSkylineSTI, Surf Monkey, Susie, swek, swordznsorcery, t3h r0x0rs, t951, teewee, tg3girl, the infinite jar, the Interceptor, THE REAL STIG, TheRealSTIG, timbuktu, toady, TobiasG, tone76, topgeardognz, TopGearer, TopGearManiac, torment, Toss89, Tranquillizer, Valar, valbowski1980, vanderwater, Vantage, Vette Boss, vikiradTG2007, VillageIdiot, Viper007Bond, ViperVX, vRS, vwguy1, vyllu, WellsieTRD, Werner, Whappeh, whodunnit, whoster, WillDAQ, wirelesscoyote, Wizegui, wlmmn, worxman02, Yayox, ycchan, zaybxcwd12, Zed, zombieman, zondagirl

SAY NO

ascari_2, Aston Martin, ben//._, BFIFTY8, bry789123, caemca, Chambers, Chromebomb, Crazyjeeper, donkapone, elcarajo, Goose+, jayson, Kalev, Kenyeres, maxorido, Morty, Mr-Stabby, petarkb, Pwntje, remco558, smtk, superchevy, Tobias, Twerp128, twobigdogs, wasd, ^Elk^

I love Richard!!! Imagine Top Gear without him! It would be nothing!! All 3 guys are cool! I love them all!

Do you like Hammond?

I got fed up with him. I think he has no place on Top Gear. He just doesn't fit there. He hardly knows anything about cars (just his beloved 911), he doesn't really do much except screaming "I haven't had my teeth whitened!!" in his irritating voice. He doesn't add anything to the show, I'm beginning to think that he's only there to attract female viewers who think he's cute with his 'cool' hair style and clothes. He's ok for shows like Brainiac but that's it.
He just wants as much publicity as possible, like after his crash, he immediately started to write a book and has been in 1000 interviews and over-dramatised things.

Also, do you think Jeremy actually likes Hammond? They're sooo different, and I think Jeremy often finds him irritating and I hope he will replace him with someone better.

But please...Jealous much? It's so much in what you wrote that's utter rubbish that I don't even know where to start.
Richard knows lots about cars, he makes great reviews of them and he drives them great. He's got a big passion for them, just like Jeremy.

And do you really believe it yourself when you say: "He's only there to attract female viewers.." ? Just because he's the most good-looking guy in the show? Rubbish. Top Gear is not a damn soap, it's a car show.
And when you say that he "Over-dramatized things" where you being smacked in the head while you wrote it? He had a CRASH, he was near death for crying out load! If you would read his book you would feel ashamed of yourself for being such a prick.

"...do you think Jeremy actually likes Hammond?" YES Jeremy likes Hammond, he's like his little brother, they are really close and you can see their chemistry both on and off screen, but you seem to be both blind and deaf, so who knows if you do.

I can tell that you haven't watched a lot of TG, since you know nothing about it. They have a great time together on the show, they laugh and make fun of each other, do you really think that their friendship is scripted? If you do, you're an idiot.

"They're sooo different" Well, opposites attract, isn't it so? :p

And to your finale sentence; Richard won't ever quit TG, it's his dream job. He won't get replaced either, just read this and you'll find out why.

'The only Top Gear I'm ever interested in making is the one with those three in it, and it has to be those three,' Wilman told The Observer. 'I wouldn't, I couldn't do it [without Richard]. Those three have the best relationship on television, like Last of the Summer Wine with cars. It grew organically - we never forced it, we never scripted it, it's there.' He added: 'It would be logical that we wouldn't put Top Gear on until Richard was better. We've shot most of this series but we won't do anything with it until he's better, because he's it.'

Yeah, sorry if you all NOT wanted this thread back up, but I saw it when I went trough the pages and had to write of my anger in a ...quite long reply.

I think Hammond has gotten better. The first few series I would have agree'd. He seemed a bit, Fake (..Maybe not the right term.) back then. He was always the one to move JC onto the next topic, He was the 'set-up' guy.

Now however, he is much more natural, Goes with the flow more. It might be the production crew giving the guys more 'rambling' room as it's obviously what the fans like..