• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Do you think Jeremy hates German cars?

Do you think Jeremy hates German cars?

• Yes, he dislikes all German cars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He hates all German exept the Golf

• He hates most of them

• He dislikes only some of them

• Total voters

wrc_maniac

I have watched many Top Gear episodes and other Clarkson related stuff, and it looks like to me that he realy has something against German cars. I don't know why; may be because he is British. What do you guys think?

He hates American cars..we know that, yet he just bought 1. But not German cars. He like most people likes em'.

As I understand it he loves German cars (he's always praising Audi, Benz, Volkswagen, BMW. etc. etc.) but at the same time ... jokes or.... I dunno. I'm not Europeon.

I'm as lost as you are.

"As busy as a Bishop's hat." I mean... what the fuck does that mean?! :roll:

"As busy as a Bishop's hat." I mean... what the fuck does that mean?!
To be honest, I don't understand half the stuff he sez like that :lol: . He certainly loves making fun of the Germans. He does great impersonations of Germans. Remember the begining of the Carrera GT review-LOL

He makes jokes about germans(and americans), but he doesn't hate german cars in general. I think the point was made in the Carrera GT piece, when he said something about the passion in italian and british cars and lack of it in germans. "This though... My god".

He likes good cars and hates bad ones. Naturally good and bad come from his personal opinions. For example, he hates most american cars but then again he's getting a Ford GT and in the previous series presented Ford Mustang as the greatest car ever. On the other hand he's british and pretty patriotic at times, and still dislikes most Rovers/GM's and the Morgan. Not to mention the older british cars(Morris Marina and such).

Hazardous said:
He makes jokes about germans(and americans), but he doesn't hate german cars in general. I think the point was made in the Carrera GT piece, when he said something about the passion in italian and british cars and lack of it in germans. "This though... My god".

That's exactly what usually is the main influence of his verdict on a car. Not how fast the car is on the track, not how well it has been equipped or built, not how versatile or practical it is or how much value for money it has, but how it makes you feel. I think it was concluded very well at the end of the first Aston-Martin DB9 review, where he got frustrated about the gearbox but ended the segment with something like this: "Imagine you are going out for the night in the city, and say "Shall we take the Aston?" I like the sound of that."

Ofcourse he gives some credit to British cars just because they are British. If I were to buy a Porsche Boxster, I would definetly want one which has been built here in Finland and not in Germany.

But the thing I don't understand is his general opinion about BMW. He has raved about the M3 CSL and the Z3 M Coup? on his DVDs and on the show, but for some reason he will not give any good remarks about the M5. Or the 1 series. Or the 6 series. I haven't even heard about his opinions regarding the 3, 5 and 7 series. However, the upcoming M6 seems to be on his shopping list already. :roll:

Yep i thoght he liked German cars, and he has a Merc himself? :?

Ok guys all of you who seaid he likes them becaouse he has a Merc got it wrong. He might have one, but he talks crap about them all the time. And that is another point. Also, ofcourse he would like the Carrera GT- I mean, who would not; but that is an exeption, its an exotic car. I am talking for the more normal cars(below $200 000). Somebody above said that he always prises Mercs, Audis, BMW and ect. Yes, he sometimes prises Mercs and Audis, but BMWs, I think he hates them more than anything. Have you not whatched the Head to Head, have you not heard his comments about the X-five, have you whatched Clarksons Top 100...(I am taling about the M5 on that video). Come on, be realistic. The only time I heard him talk good about BMW was when he has testing the M3 CLS(this is alitle of topic about the BMWs).

CamoN said:
But the thing I don't understand is his general opinion about BMW. He has raved about the M3 CSL and the Z3 M Coup? on his DVDs and on the show, but for some reason he will not give any good remarks about the M5. Or the 1 series. Or the 6 series. I haven't even heard about his opinions regarding the 3, 5 and 7 series. However, the upcoming M6 seems to be on his shopping list already. :roll:

Don't know about the M6, but for you to know why he hates the 7, 5, X3, Z4, I guess you just have to look at them. That's what he means when he says busier than a bishop's hat. So much confusion, so much details... Can we have beautiful cars instead? :roll: But I guess beauty is a different concept for everyone.

He just dislikes Bangle's styling.

-->
1seriesbanana.jpg

see what I mean. :lol:

He doesn't seem to like German cars at all. It's mostly because he's the most stubborn British patriot I've ever seen.

But hey, I guess it must be kind of crappy to know that every single one of your country's decent car manufacturers are owned by foreign companies... :evil:

Busier than a Bishop's hat was his description of the RX-8's taillights.

Is a Bishop's hat intricate with detail or something?

Come on you guys. He doesnt catogorize cars like that. Sometimes he may judge a manufactor but no journalist could go against a country just like that.

He may dislike many German cars, and Japanese and English and American aswell. It all depends on what car it is. He looks at the car, not wich country made the car. He might seem a bit shallow and childish, but lets keep in mind that this is BBC, and that Clarkson is a journalist, working for them. BBC is known as one of the most trusted TV Broadcasting Stations in the world.

My 2 cents. :)

He hates german cars: He drives an SL55 AMG.
He hates american cars: He's awaiting delivery of a Ford GT.

It's an entertainment show broadcast in the uk, he says what people want to hear/will find funny!

No he has owned a number of german cars over the years. BMW CSL "Batmobile", BMW Z1, SL 55 AMG...

He's just joking... It's british humor...

marcos_eirik said:
No he has owned a number of german cars over the years. BMW CSL "Batmobile", BMW Z1, SL 55 AMG...

He's just joking... It's british humor...

Actually, his wife Z1..... :lol:

I agree with him about the british humor. He looves british cars but he hated the Morgan design and the Vanquish gearbox

Is just humor