Do you think NBC needs to hire a hot female presenter for Gear?

maybe one of the NOPI girls, typically they get sucked into the scene and learn about cars. There's a girl or two that where in formula D also, they obviously know how to drive, and probably know alot about car's and have seen them on the show. That would be cool IMO.

As long as she's not annoying. Some shows try to bring chicks into the equation just because they are hot, but they end up being annoying....and you can tell they are just reading a script, instead of actually having a clue about the subject matter.

For instance, if you ever watch G4: some of the chicks on G4 are nice to look at, but you can tell in most cases that's the only reason they were added to the shows, because they can be quite ditzy (not all of them, but especially the girl on "Cheats", and sometimes the chick on "Attack of the show" can be pretty annoying as well).

No no no! She's obviously reading a script she doesn't quite understand.

The presenter is a bell-end, but with a little bit of a better script and direction imagine (the stuff toward the end is better):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lfTKRQMe-UE&feature=related

"She's full racing spec."
"With a roll cage"
"Yeah a roll cage and bucket seats and 4 point harnesses"
"uprated engine"
"Yeah the uprated engine. She's very special..."
"And it's got the handling pack on this on hasn't it?"
"Yeah it has got the handling pack"

Of course it has you knob, it's "full racing spec" pay attention.

Mmmmmmm mmmm I like Kari in Mythbusters. The girl on smashlab annoys the hell out of me though... smashlab is a doomed show anyway, cuz it sux. Haha...

That said, they're taking a risk if they decide to throw a woman version of James May on the show or a hott girl... either way, there CERTAINLY won't be any "cocking" about. Pun INTENDED.

-Robert

(not all of them, but especially the girl on "Cheats", and sometimes the chick on "Attack of the show" can be pretty annoying as well).

Olivia munn? At first she clearly was just there to be hot, but after 3 years now or something on the show, it seems like she's accepted the nerd culture as her own, i watch AOTS daily and i dont get the impression anymore that she is out of place anymore.

That british newsreader girl and kristen holt however... :shakefist:

^ So, you are one of the reasons why that network was ruined. I used to watch G4-TTV all the time but they ruined every good show on there, including Screen Savers which now that crap of a show they call A Crap in the Bowl as I think it's called now. Haven't watched that channel in about two years, last thing I watch was the E3 coverage two years ago.

As for a hot girl host on Gear, please don't do it. It's already been ruined enough, have some mercy and don't throw some ignorant, over-hyping big talk, dumb, blonde, fake-boob, bimbo up there. It's all the fad now butapparently the SPEED channel has started learning it's not a good idea since most of their dumb blondes are disappearing from their network.

Layla Kayleigh i think her name is.

And i honestly dont think g4 is all that bad, they've really turned things around since the TechTV Borgization. It just took them a year or two to get into their stride and stop pretending to be techtv, they kind of have their own thing going now.

Its no longer a video game channel, its more like Spike TV: 18 to 34 edition. As goofy as that sounds its actually pretty watchable.

Layla Kayleigh i think her name is.

She like from sarf landan yeah? like she was lef' on her own as a kid yeah?

But she's been in America for a while now so she's lost a fair bit of that accent and gained an equal measure of an equally annoying 'merican accent.

No way. At least Jodie Kidd doesn't sound thick.

That british newsreader girl and kristen holt however... :shakefist:

Those are the two I'm talking about. The one who does The Feed now (not Layla Kayleigh) bugs the hell out of me. It's pretty obvious that she is just reading a script and I doubt she even plays video games. The impression I get anyway. Layla isn't as bad, but I don't she quite fits in either.

I like Xplay and Ninja Warrior. That's about all I watch. AOTS once in awhile, but they almost seem to try too hard to be funny.

Last edited:
I checked around and am very surprised I could not find this one mentioned yet...

How about Sabine - the crazy "taxi" driver from N?rburgring?

Just because the show is American, doesn't mean the hosts have to be!

She's got car cred.

I checked around and am very surprised I could not find this one mentioned yet...

She's got car cred.
She's... odd and no one could understand her.

Yes, odd indeed. Good driver an all, but don't think it would really work out.

"Excuse me sabine, would you mind moving away from the town you've lived your entire life to come to california and host a TV show"?

At first, when I read this thread I was really tempted to say no. But it depends really on how you choose the presenter.

I mean, I wouldn't watch the show if they pick up some girl who wears make-up so thick that you'd think her face has her own atmosphere, dresses little and have massive... You know. Ones who go like, "oH woow this car is sexy, with like big wheels and all."

... Also known as the actresses in 2 Fast 2 Furious and Red Line. (GOD i hate that movie) These kind of people would downgrade the show instantly.

But if the girl is intelligent, knows a lot about cars, doesn't mind bloke-ish humour and drives like Sabine, I can't see why not. If they pull this off they can attract (possibly) more female audiences too.

She's got car cred.

I think she has her own show. It's fun to watch... i just cant understand any of it cuz it's all in german.

but i wouldnt mind watching her on american tv, i think she's pretty fun to watch...