Do you think YOU can drive in the UK?

WTF is a rear fog light?

A high intensity red light at the back, much brighter than the brake lights. You turn it on in the fog if nobody is behind you to make sure someone coming up from behind quickly sees you early enough.

The idea there is not to check for traffic but to check for low obstacles such as tree stumps, rocks, children. Stuff you can't see out the rear window or in your mirrors, regular traffic should be visible in some way through them.

Thanks for the clarification. That kind of question was not on my test nor my daughters.

49/50 but i got this one wrong

a heavy load on your roof rack will

a improve road holding
b make the steering lighter
c increase stopping distance
d reduce stability

mark 1 answer

i picked c) more weight = more mass to stop = longer to stop. but the answer is d) which is also true because it alters CoG. i would of thought either answer was valid.

I'm appalled that some people here don't know rear fog lights - but that means that where you live, people don't use them, and that is still better than many German drivers who use them too much (they are to be used in fog with visibility being less than 50 metres - so, basically almost never around here). The last time I used mine was about four years ago, I think.

Failed. 41 out of 50. Mostly got those 'what hand signal' questions and 'what speed when towing caravan' wrong.

Funny thing, just passed my Dutch theory driving test (with relative ease).
Do you UK guys really get so much time? 1 hour for 50 questions?

In the NL you get:
25 questions, showing a car from the inside, the speed it's doing and a situation (for example a football on the road and a child running to get it).
You have 6 sec. to answer and it's always:
A Brake
B Let go off gas
C Nothing.
Some real stupid questions in this part of the test, but you are allowed to make 12 mistakes, as you only need 13 correct answers to pass.
I got 18 right on this part.

Then the second part, 40 questions and it can be yes/no or A/B/C or an open questions where you have to fill out a number.
You can only make 5 mistakes here as you need to get 35 right to pass.
Some darn tricky ones here but you do get some more time (all questions are read out loud (by the computer)), I guess on average you have 10-12 seconds to answer.
I got 37 right here.

How exactly does the scoring work on those?

Baisicly you click the screen (anywhere, location doesn't matter) when you see something you suspect is a potential hazard. If the program has it logged as a hazard it will score you depending on how quickly you clicked.

I find the system is flawed because if you click too soon the program won't register it, so my driving instructor said to be on the safe side click, and then a second later click again just to make sure the system has picked it up as a hazard.
But if you click too much the program will tell you "reponded inappropriately" and you'll be given no points at all for that video.

Failed. 39 out of 50.

I should now take that test using Jezza and Hamster School of Driving System: a) Shout b) Blown tha Horn c) Curse and d) Powwwwaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

a heavy load on your roof rack will

a improve road holding
b make the steering lighter
c increase stopping distance
d reduce stability

mark 1 answer

i picked c) more weight = more mass to stop = longer to stop. but the answer is d) which is also true because it alters CoG. i would of thought either answer was valid.

I had the same question, but c said decrease stopping distance in mine.

I'm appalled that some people here don't know rear fog lights - but that means that where you live, people don't use them, and that is still better than many German drivers who use them too much (they are to be used in fog with visibility being less than 50 metres - so, basically almost never around here). The last time I used mine was about four years ago, I think.

They're not mandatory in the US, and often Euro cars wire their fog lights as brake lights to increase intensity.

The only times I've used mine is to flash at others after overtaking them to get them to turn theirs off :lmao:

I should now take that test using Jezza and Hamster School of Driving System: a) Shout b) Blown tha Horn c) Curse and d) Powwwwaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

Update your location to Italy then :lol:

The hand signals work different here, and of course I'll change the flat tyre myself if I have the equipment in the car

42/50.

But If I could be bothered with the hand signals (why? I've got indicators), speed limits for cars towing a caravan (I'm not going to tow anything in Britain anytime soon), I'd have passed it. It could be interesting to know how the level crossing work though.

Baisicly you click the screen (anywhere, location doesn't matter) when you see something you suspect is a potential hazard. If the program has it logged as a hazard it will score you depending on how quickly you clicked.

I find the system is flawed because if you click too soon the program won't register it, so my driving instructor said to be on the safe side click, and then a second later click again just to make sure the system has picked it up as a hazard.
But if you click too much the program will tell you "reponded inappropriately" and you'll be given no points at all for that video.

I was more wondering what constitutes a "good" score? I got a 1 on one video and a 3 on another.

46 out of 50 :) ... but I have driven in the UK when I lived there.
Flunked out on the speed limit when towing a trailer (twice), changing the wheel of my car (rather than calling for the SWAT team), and one of the 4 details required from an accident.