• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Do You Wear Glasses?

Do You Wear Glasses?

• Total voters
I've been wearing glasses since I entered highschool, which was about 8 years ago. Other than the fogging up of glasses when I eat soup or noodles, I don't find it inconvenient to wear glasses.

I don't. Although recently my eyesight has deteorated slightly.

Jostyrostelli said:
^Why's that?

I've had to do lots of late night reading last year and it's definitely taken its toll. I plan to give my eyes some rest if you know what I mean ;)

Nope, I have 20/20, if not better.

zyran said:
Jostyrostelli said:
^Why's that?

I've had to do lots of late night reading last year and it's definitely taken its toll. I plan to give my eyes some rest if you know what I mean ;)

I was a bookworm as a kid...read lots in bed..by grade 5 needed glasses. Doc told me I should have had them at least a year earlier. By grade 6, my prescription doubled. Then it doubled again. My eyes have stablized since then, and I hope one day they perfect laser eye surgery, 'cause I'd do it in an instant if I could afford it. I wear glasses all the time...don't wanna spend the $$$ on contacts right now. I'm something like -6 in one eye, -6.5 in the other.

yeah i plan to get my eyes lasered as well. i heard it not risky at all. i know a few ppl that done it already at work. 1st day u can see or something

But its not very comforting to know that some surgeons performing laser eye surgeries still wear glasses themselves :lol: .

I've been wearing contacts for about a year now. I wore glasses from about age 8 or 9, until I was 18, finally got sick of wearing glassses got contacts. My contacts are the kind you wear for a couple of weeks and take out at night (or morning in my case :p) My prescription is really bad, like -6 in the left and -6.50 in the right.

This topic touches me very dearly. :wub:

I wore glasses from 12 to 17 years old. Bad vision, Heredity (spelling?).

Then got tired, switched to contacts.
Wore the daily use kind for approximately 14 years... Last exam -5.50 and -5.75. :cry:
Got so fed up with playing around with contacts and never having accepted being handicapped (really, that much ! You wake up in the morning and your first thought upon opening your eyes is:"where are my crutches for my eyes?"), got info and appointment with the best laser eye surgery clinic in town. Exam was so good (Dr.:"I don't see any problems, you're an excellent candidat, I foresee perfect vision without a doubt..."), decided to go for it.

It's been one and a half year now. Vision is better than 20/20, no downside. I could read without glasses right after surgery (although blurry) at great distances. I was at work the next morning. I was skydiving the same afternoon (with thight goggles in freefall).

I would not recommend it to anyone. Individual results may vary ... that kind of speech. ;) But if you wear glasses and are interested, get information about it, preferably from different sources.

I feel normal now... and very happy about it. I did something that only affected me, for the better. It had risks, very low but still, but the payoff is beyond anything else I have experienced.

'Changed my life. :woot: