Doctor Who

I want the new companion to be Alex Kingston.

Oh please no. Pretty much the most annoying character since the reboot, unsufferably smug and Alex Kingston can't carry off flirting to save her life. She's like the embarrassing, drunk recently divorced aunt at a wedding reception desperate to shag the best man.

Well, the only logical answer is to bull shit a story and bring Billie Piper back.

On the basis of this article and the attached teaser, excellent choice and I already approve wholeheartedly of the direction they seem to have chosen for the new companion....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36111598

While I don't expect her to feature in my "special" dreams the way Clara did I reckon I'm going to enjoy her far more as a character. She appears to have the "street" feel of Rose Tyler, the feistiness of Martha Jones and the slightly naive comedy value of Donna. Gives me a lot of hope that the next season will offer a return to the better days after the last couple that never lived up to their potential.

Most people didn't know who Jenna Coleman was either. Calm down and deal with it.

I'm surprised people weren't pushing for Idris Elba. They seem to want him to play every character ever written.
Actually, I was thinking about that as well. By chosing a black companion, it would not really be diverse anymore to have Elba be the next Doctor...

Looking at old episodes of Doctor Who, I think Donna and rose were the best as a companion and helping the Doctor.

Since you brought the thread back up: Didn't really like the concept of the latest Christmas Special..
I liked it as silly fun. Was watching it with a friend and we were like "look! The glasses! Now we need superpowers!" "Wait, we need a hot female reporter... THERE she is!" and so on. But after last year's special, which probably is among my favorite episodes ever, wait, might be my favorite episode ever, period, this one fell a bit flat.

Looking at old episodes of Doctor Who, I think Donna and rose were the best as a companion and helping the Doctor.
Rose got annoying at the end. Doctor Who does not need Doctor-Companion romance. Doctor Who also doesn't need a female lead mostly defined by legs and short skirts.
Which is why I still favor Clara Oswin Oswald.

Last edited:
You think Jenna Coleman was chosen because she had a great personality? She's gorgeous, just like the rest, except Donna.

I'm still an Amy Pond fan, because of her accent as much as her looks. I liked her acting too but that's beside the point in this conversation.

I hated Catherine Tate before Donna, she didn't change my mind. I remember very little from that season.

I liked how Donna wasn't just a Timelord groupie. She was openly critical of the Doctor if she disagreed with him and always spoke her mind. Sometimes she acted as his conscience and kept him in check when he was tempted to step over the line.

Well, there was that episode that was about what would happen if Donna never met the doctor. That was terrifying.

You think Jenna Coleman was chosen because she had a great personality? She's gorgeous, just like the rest, except Donna.
It's not about JLC. It's about what they did come up with for the character. And Clara clearly was the best-written of the bunch, especially with Capaldi as Doctor.