Doctor Who

Ya know I never liked Dr. Who...However before this season started I got a new girlfriend who was seriously into it and she made me watch this season with her and my god! that last episode was bleeding fantastic! I've watched enough of the previous seasons to know what's going on thank god and I have to say, this show is now in line with every other TV show I've ever loved, that episode alone is worth 3 friggin seasons of Lost.

You know the only problem I can find iwth this finale is how insanely disapointing it could be if not done correctly. Its a massive risk to take and I hope it goes well!

I found it a bit mediocre. The pace was too rushed, and there was too much going on that wasn't needed.

I'm also not a fan of the whole "I'm the Doctor fear me" thing.

I got a new girlfriend who was seriously into it
Lucky man! like darkshark said, worth keeping hold of that one.

Foraying in here before seeing the ep (sounds like most people enjoyed it, which is good) to post this:

http://www.thedailydust.co.uk/2010/...or-whos-crack-in-the-middle-of-the-milky-way/

Freaky much? :lol:

outright freaky, especially when they said
So what is this crack? it?s ?the core of a thick, sooty cloud large enough to swallow dozens of solar systems and may be harboring beastly stars in the process of forming.?
that doesn't sound good any way they try explaining it.

for me, this was easily my favorite moment of the episode and very likely the series.

also i saw this in last night's Doctor Who confidential and it combined Doctor Who with one of my favorite pieces of film score. During the filming of 'The Pandorica Opens' and as the Doctor, Amy and River enter the Underhenge, the director played music from Raiders of the Lost Ark to set the mood for the actors.

I can't help but think of how Tennant would have sounded giving that speech, and in my head it doesn't sound in any way as good as Smith made it last night.

Smith has proven himself to be one of the best doctors, and I really think he has run rings around Tennant. His superb acting and Moffat's fantastic writing has made this series pretty much the best of New Who.

I can't help but think of how Tennant would have sounded giving that speech, and in my head it doesn't sound in any way as good as Smith made it last night.

Smith has proven himself to be one of the best doctors, and I really think he has run rings around Tennant. His superb acting and Moffat's fantastic writing has made this series pretty much the best of New Who.

Agreed, i really liked Tennant's Doctor, however i think Tennant's Doctor was tied down with the Lonely God aspect of his personality. Smith seems to make the Doctor much more agressive and more forceful. He seems far more deserving of the Doctor's name as the Oncoming Storm.
While Tennant's years were great, the only thing that held him back was RTD's writing (while i have tons of respect for him now after reading The Writers Tale) felt as if it was holding him back too much and i always enjoyed scenes where Tennant's Doctor laid down the law. My only real worry for last nights episode is that it doesn't become another "Sound of Drums" which had a great cliffhanger and a 'how does he get out of this one moment' only for it to be followed up with "Last of the Time Lords" which did enough damage to make me stop watching Who for a bit. That whole moment about Jack and the Face of Boe, i mean, come on?!
my guess for him getting out of this one is that he remains sealed inside the Pandorica for centuries until a young Amy Pond helps him escape somehow. I get the strong impression that there's a good reason we haven't seen her parents yet. Maybe they could be Indiana Jones and Lara Croft?

OH MY FUCKING GOD. I was in the middle of typing out a huge post about my theory of what will happen, and I accidentally clicked the back button. Fuck sake!!
Here I go again :(

I think next week with start out as it had started in the Eleventh Hour, Amelia meeting the Doctor, and he flies off to warm up the engines or whatever, promising that he will be back in 5 minutes.
This time he is back in 5 minutes, and he takes Amelia and they go off and do whatever. 2 different timelines maybe got mixed up and/or someone/thing tried to prevent the right one from happening.
Now all little Amelia and grown up Amy have to do is *remember*. Remember their time with the Doctor, remember their adventures, because they happened.

Her not being with the Doctor for those 12 years messed everything up, even Leadsworth wasn't right, closed off from time. She stayed the same, bar her name, the Doctor even commented that she never lost her accent. Amy couldn't remember the Daleks or the Cybermen who had tried to destroy the world just a few years earlier, I don't know if Rory recognised them or not, to be honest.
We already know that her memories have been used (the Roman books, Pandora's Box, the picture of her and Rory (technically that picture should not have existed though) to scam the Doctor and lure him to the Pandorica.

Now Amelia needs to get those 12 years back. And that is where she will remember.

EDIT: This ties in with the Doctor (of this alternative timeline) going back, reminding grownup Amy to remember. In Angels of Stone he comes back when she is in the forest alone (note the different shirts, etc), and tells her to "remember what he told her when [she was] 7".

Like when he tried to get her to remember Rory before he was erased, he gets her to remember her alternative experience with the Doctor, and she remembers what was *meant* to happen.

Fuck it. My other post was better :(

Last edited:
OH MY FUCKING GOD. I was in the middle of typing out a huge post about my theory of what will happen, and I accidentally clicked the back button. Fuck sake!!
Here I go again :(

I think next week with start out as it had started in the Eleventh Hour, Amelia meeting the Doctor, and he flies off to warm up the engines or whatever, promising that he will be back in 5 minutes.
This time he is back in 5 minutes, and he takes Amelia and they go off and do whatever. 2 different timelines maybe got mixed up and/or someone/thing tried to prevent the right one from happening.
Now all little Amelia and grown up Amy have to do is *remember*. Remember their time with the Doctor, remember their adventures, because they happened.

Her not being with the Doctor for those 12 years messed everything up, even Leadsworth wasn't right, closed off from time. She stayed the same, bar her name, the Doctor even commented that she never lost her accent. Amy couldn't remember the Daleks or the Cybermen who had tried to destroy the world just a few years earlier, I don't know if Rory recognised them or not, to be honest.
We already know that her memories have been used (the Roman books, Pandora's Box, the picture of her and Rory (technically that picture should not have existed though) to scam the Doctor and lure him to the Pandorica.

Now Amelia needs to get those 12 years back. And that is where she will remember.

EDIT: This ties in with the Doctor (of this alternative timeline) going back, reminding grownup Amy to remember. In Angels of Stone he comes back when she is in the forest alone (note the different shirts, etc), and tells her to "remember what he told her when [she was] 7".

Like when he tried to get her to remember Rory before he was erased, he gets her to remember her alternative experience with the Doctor, and she remembers what was *meant* to happen.

Fuck it. My other post was better :(

sods law in action, been there many times and can really throw you off your train of thought.
your theory sounds much better than mine, especially since it would wrap everything up neatly and yet not come off as a cheap cop out. i do get the feeling that Amy does have some important role to play and that during "The Eleventh Hour" there was a scene where young Amelia hears the engines of the TARDIS and then it suddenly cuts to older Amy hearing the engines again. I reckon there was a plot point in there nicely hidden away in edits. It might not even be the Doctor on board at that point but actually River and the TARDIS (yes i'm aware the last shot in TPO is of her sealed inside and the TARDIS exploding). Its already known that the Moff likes to reward viewers pay attention and see thing pay off later on.
Also i was thinking about the prophecy, "The universe is cracked, the pandorica will open and silence will fall." Taken literally this means that the universe was already cracked before they sealed the Doctor away, with the Doctor sealed away in the Pandorica and the Earth and universe falling into silence. I'm not sure but i do get the feeling that there's something in there that i'm missing.
Finally we come to the biggest pondering, when River was on the TARDIS, just as the console cracked a voice was heard "Silence will fall" my guessing is that all of this has been some master plan to get the enemies of the Doctor to work together, seal him away so that this voice can make his true move.
As to the voice's identity, well Gallifrey Base (aka the Doctor Who jihadist network) has had tons of ideas, the Master, Davros, Omega (Rassilon was brought back from the dead along with the Master, whats to stop him from returning). I'm still holding to my hope that the Black Guardian might be involved but thats just me and my imagination.
Also GB did come up with a reason behind everyone forgetting about the Dalek, Cybermen walking throughout london. The Cracks in time are responsible, or at least will soon be responsible. If the Doctor gets out of the Pandorica (well we know thats going to happen), he's obviously going to be properly pissed. Oncoming Storm is one thing but this will probably be the Mother of all Oncoming Storms. How would he get back at them? easy, seal them all away into the Cracks of time, erasing them from all existence and thereby insuring that the people of Earth would all forget about Daleks and Cybermen.

bloody hell, only one day down and still another 6 to go... this is going to be one long wait for a week to go by.

What an awesome episode - I am stunned, bloody hell! This new Doctor brings a depth to the character IMHO that has been missing.

I was just thinking, this silence thing wraps together with Silence in the library really well, does any one else think that?

Is it just me, or ...

is River being alive and knowing about the pandoracle in "the time of angels" not a big set back in terms of suspense for you? I hate it. You just know there is a way out of this. And it?s also stupid that they gave away that River killed "a very good man". I?d love nothing more than to sit here now, speculating some more about her killing a woman ... let?s say Amy ... but that?s not going to happen, is it? It will be "a very good man". And what good men do we have? The Doctor ... and Rory. Come on! Why would you give that away so early in the season? Talk about bloody SPOILERS ... :(
Apart from that ... I really liked the episode ... and I?d love to see them pull that one off ... :D

Last edited:
some info found from www.doctorwhonews.com no spoilers are included in the quotes and are safe to read.
Press reaction to Doctor Who: Episode Twleve, The Pandorica Opens, has begun appearing with the Daily Telegraph calling the episode "Sensational, propelling the viewer on a gripping adventure with plenty of shocks and surprises, leavened with more emotional and humorous material for a heady mix." The Express calls the story "classic fairytale, aimed, as always, at a family audience, with Matt Smith and Karen Gillan now complete in their respective roles". They make a plea to the BBC to safeguard the budget for the series saying it is one of the crown jewels and should be protected. Den of Geek say "How good was that? We?ve been salivating at the thought of what Steven Moffat could do with a finale two-parter since he first got the top job on Doctor Who. The answer? A lot". The Guardian blog says you need to watch this episode at least three times to get a proper handle on every little bit that's going on. Thing is, you'll want to.
Episode Twelve of Doctor Who, The Pandorica Opens, got an audience of 5.9 million viewers for episode 12, The Pandorica Opens, according to unofficial overnight figures. 5.4 million watched on BBC One with an additional 0.5 million watching on BBC HD. The episode was the most watched show of the day, with the World Cup on ITV1 only bringing in 5.2 million for the Cameroon v Denmark match. Overall Doctor Who stands as the 14th most watched programme of the week, with just Sunday's figures to come. The programme is likely to get a boost when the final figures, including details for those who recorded the program for later viewing, are released next week and a top ten place is distinctly possible. Doctor Who Confidential rated well with 0.62 million watching the programme on BBC Three, making it the 5th most watched programme of the day on multi-channel Television. An additional 0.14 million watched on BBC HD giving a total of 0.78 million viewers.

the season 5 finale "The Big Bang" airs on BBC1 and BBC HD at 6:05pm.

Last edited:
5.9m would make that episode the lowest rated since the revival. BBC should include iplayer viewing numbers.

gawddamn world cup

I was just thinking, this silence thing wraps together with Silence in the library really well, does any one else think that?

Maybe evil space germs are coming out of the cracks and shrouding the galaxies in darkness, and the Doctor has to go around the universe with a bottle of Dettol! :p

5.9m would make that episode the lowest rated since the revival. BBC should include iplayer viewing numbers.

gawddamn world cup

People like to use iPlayer watch episodes more than once. *cough*me*cough*

Last edited: