Doctor Who

Rumour is Rose and Darleks on their way.

Yeah Daleks, boo Rose.

Now they just need to have the master return. It is a shame they killed off John Simm's rendition of the character, as he was the best Master since Roger Delgado.

Did you notice the shadowy Dalek near the end of the trailer, with only the lower half illuminated? I suspect a return for Davros.

I suspect a return for Davros.

I hope to God that isn't the case. While Davros was an excellent character in Genesis of The Daleks he overstayed his welcome and became one of the most annoying recurring characters.

John Simm's rendition of the character, as he was the best Master since Roger Delgado.

You are joking right? The only person Simm was better than, was the guy they had in the one off McGann show. Other than that he was useless.

Anyone catch this week's Doctor Who? Guest star Alex Kingston was good and steve moffat's writing is always brilliant. I thought 'Blink' was freaky but i think this has topped it.

'Who turned the lights out?'

Anyone catch this week's Doctor Who? Guest star Alex Kingston was good and steve moffat's writing is always brilliant. I thought 'Blink' was freaky but i think this has topped it.

'Who turned the lights out?'

Yep it was great. Can't wait until Saturday.

Below is only a spoiler to the most recent episode (Silence in the library), and a big chunk of speculation.

I know they always drop hints about the ZOMG TWIST ending throughout the series, but what was with the Ood guys telling the doctor "your journey will end soon" or something? This latest episode makes it look like Donna Noble is going to eat a bullet and be replaced by this new chick. Surely they cant kill off david tennant, he just signed a 2 year extension to his contract or something.

Damn it the assistants just keep getting uglier and uglier since billie piper left!

That Moffat fellow scares the living daylights out of me and leaves me wanting more. My god he's an awesome writer.

The second ep of the two parter 'Forest of the Dead' was pretty brilliant. major hints about the Doctor's future and future companion.

^Excellent, brilliantly written episode! If you watched the Dr Who Confidential episode for "Silence in the library" then you realise the brilliance of Steven Moffat's writing, they showed a few episodes which he wrote from season one and all of them are good and scary....

^ Yep I suspect he will also be a great show runner when he takes over for series five.

Steven Moffat is absolutely incredible at weaving together subplots. That second part was completely amazing...and I bet scores of kids all across the UK were sleeping with the lights on.

Steven Moffatt is amazing. He wrote my favourite episodes of Series One - "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances", my favourite in what was a quite poor Series Two - "Girl In The Fireplace" and I adored "Blink" in the flawless Series Three.

I was gutted when I heard RTD had decided to leave, but my misery didnt last long when I heard that Moffatt was taking over.

:mrgreen:

I was gutted when I heard RTD had decided to leave, but my misery didnt last long when I heard that Moffatt was taking over.

:mrgreen:

Y'know, I might be alone (or at least somewhat lonely) on this, but I'm glad RTD is leaving. His scripts and story arcs are full of plotholes and deus ex machinas; witness all of the season finale two-parters. He also can't stop bringing back the Daleks even when they've been "completely destroyed" over and over. Let's hope that Moffat keeps a tight leash on the season story arcs the same way he does with his individual episodes. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he brought Doctor Who back, and he has some bright moments, as with each of the episodes that introduced a new companion, but he's overstayed his welcome a bit.

In his defense the Daleks can not be destroyed for good. Doctor Who wouldn't be Doctor Who without them.

In his defense the Daleks can not be destroyed for good. Doctor Who wouldn't be Doctor Who without them.

True; getting rid of the Daleks forever would be just wrong. Still, the way RTD keeps bringing them back feels so contrived. I'll stop while I'm ahead and before I start to sound like a raging continuity-obsessed fanboy.

Y'know, I might be alone (or at least somewhat lonely) on this, but I'm glad RTD is leaving. His scripts and story arcs are full of plotholes and deus ex machinas; witness all of the season finale two-parters. He also can't stop bringing back the Daleks even when they've been "completely destroyed" over and over. .

Kind of the opposite, the majority of fans of the current Doctor Who series is glad to see RTD go for good.

Kind of the opposite, the majority of fans of the current Doctor Who series is glad to see RTD go for good.

^Apparently he's going to be working more on Torchwood, so that's good news for us viewers, more shows to watch.

The last episode was a little weird, bet their budget was tight after the library two-parter, hence the one and only scene. Overall, it was intense and the few occasions you catch the Doctor "speechless". But at the end, you leave clueless like every other character portrayed...

Can't wait for next episode though... looks pretty good...

Interesting...
(spoilers for both "Turn Left" and season finale trailer ahead)
RTD did a pretty good job on this episode...but then again he's always been fairly good at setting up big epic finales, but terrible at following through on them, mostly because he tries to cram too much into it. The next two episodes look to be a bit of a hodgepodge.... massive Dalek invasion of Earth, crossing over with Torchwood and Sarah Jane, and the likely return of Davros. It'll be epic, for sure; good, no idea. Like a good fan I'll watch it regardless of the amount of bitching I do afterward.

Everyone has been talking about this on the doctor who forums, but what was up w Billie Piper's terrible acting and her 'speech impediment'? She sounded nothing like Rose and had this weird lisp like she came from the dentist's office. A lot of brit viewers had a difficult time understanding what she was saying.