Doctor Who

the whole "goes to war" thing obviously included all the stuff that was unseen or glimpsed in the intro. He had a month of gathering forces and blowing up stuff to get them to give him information (like the cybermen)

I can't see River being the Doctor's mother. Firstly they kissed (and not in a way a parent would kiss a child), secondly she is flirtations towards him and calls him "Sweetie" rather a lot, and thirdly we saw the Doctor's mother in the last Tennant story.

And since, according to what we have seen previously, she is coming to the end of her time with the Doctor (their encounters are happening backwards in relation to each other) I can't see he being his wife either.

It's all good though and I'm looking forward to when it resumes.

I can't see River being the Doctor's mother. Firstly they kissed (and not in a way a parent would kiss a child), secondly she is flirtations towards him and calls him "Sweetie" rather a lot, and thirdly we saw the Doctor's mother in the last Tennant story.

And since, according to what we have seen previously, she is coming to the end of her time with the Doctor (their encounters are happening backwards in relation to each other) I can't see he being his wife either.

It's all good though and I'm looking forward to when it resumes.

same, I cannot see the "River is the doctor's mother" thing at all, and I didn't feel it was implied either. The wife thing I can see to an extent- the "travelling in opposite directions" thing may not be for all of their time line, and perhaps River/Melody will get to travel with the Doctor in the TARDIS for a bit!!!!

Either way, WOOOOAAAAH that ep was good. As a whole the ep wasn't the best so far, but the ending. WOW. Will have to keep my trap shut until all my friends over here watch it too- going to be tough!!!!!

Another thought I just had. Since Elisabeth Sladen passed away anyone else seeing a River Song spin-off in the pipeline?

The only thing with that would be that with SJA most of the action was set on Earth and most of the bad guys were existing Who ones that could be rejigged as the CGI had already been done for Dr Who. Any River spin-off would need to be space based to work convincingly and I'm not sure that the effects budget would be there for a show aimed mainly at kids rather than one that bridges generations as DW does.

Plus, of course, unlike Elisabeth Sladen, Alex Kington has a much higher profile thanks to ER, Moll Flanders etc etc and therefore would want to be paid a lot more and is likely to be more in demand for other projects.

same, I cannot see the "River is the doctor's mother" thing at all, and I didn't feel it was implied either. The wife thing I can see to an extent- the "travelling in opposite directions" thing may not be for all of their time line, and perhaps River/Melody will get to travel with the Doctor in the TARDIS for a bit!!!!

Either way, WOOOOAAAAH that ep was good. As a whole the ep wasn't the best so far, but the ending. WOW. Will have to keep my trap shut until all my friends over here watch it too- going to be tough!!!!!
Nah, use it as blackmail "you'll do what i say otherwise i'll tell you the truth about River Song"
The whole River is his mother thing came about because of the way River showed the Doctor the cot. In reference to MWF's spoiler post, the Doctor's mother seen in the final Tennant episodes could still be the same character since Time Lords regnerate. This is all over-reaching and my mind trying to comprehend the awesomeness of the episode. I've got the massive urge now to watch River's episodes backwards (A Good Man goes to War, The Impossible Astronaut, Day of the Moon, The Pandorica Opens, The Big Bang, Time of Angels, Flesh and Stone, Silence of the Library and finally Forest of the Dead) just to see how it all holds up. There's still one more thing though, at some point. The Doctor has to give her the sonic screwdriver that he will use in his past to save her.
Also i think Rory (Arthur Darvill) Pond has really come along this season. I wasn't so sure about him last year, mostly because i preferred it being just The Doctor & Amy. But he sold me on this episode. I thought he was really great in the scene where he squares off against the Cybermen. Did anyone else notice that these Cybermen didn't have the Cybus logo on them (from the Alternate dimension of the second series). I'm really hoping they are bringing back the Mondasian Cybermen. Never did like those Alternate cheap knock offs.
The Episode wasn't the best this season either. I still think that honor goes to the Neil Gaiman's "The Doctor's Wife"
Another thought I just had. Since Elisabeth Sladen passed away anyone else seeing a River Song spin-off in the pipeline?
The only thing with that would be that with SJA most of the action was set on Earth and most of the bad guys were existing Who ones that could be rejigged as the CGI had already been done for Dr Who. Any River spin-off would need to be space based to work convincingly and I'm not sure that the effects budget would be there for a show aimed mainly at kids rather than one that bridges generations as DW does.

Plus, of course, unlike Elisabeth Sladen, Alex Kington has a much higher profile thanks to ER, Moll Flanders etc etc and therefore would want to be paid a lot more and is likely to be more in demand for other projects.

i know RTD has got his hands full with the new Torchwood series but i really do think they should put together another Doctor Who spin off to replace SJA. Not a carbon copy but something a bit fun. A River Song spin-off would be great (i know someone who would love that idea) although it might be a bit tricky trying to figure one out when it comes to how it would fit in with the Doctor Who canon.
i just really wish that the BBC had got Matt Smith to appear again in SJA. I thought he was great in the 2 episodes and would have loved to have seen his return. It's just bad timing overall, especially since we get closer and closer to the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who. i'm expecting great things from the BBC for that one.

just thought I'd mention I've started watching Dr Who, I'm about 3/4 of the way through the second season and I can say that I'm majorly hooked. Can't wait untill I catch up so i'm current.

It's entirely possible to watch all the seasons in one week, I did that christmas vacation, waking up pretty late too.

Well, I'm currently recovering from surgery, so i'm pretty sure I can do it in a week. I did the first two seasons in 3 days, and that was taking large breaks between every 2-3 episodes to play GT5 :lol:

uggh.....not a fan of this episode, minus possibly the last 10 minutes.

To me, they wasted the "calling in a favor" thing on a nothing plot. Its cool that there were some answers, but nothing was really mind blowing. Maybe I'm just hard to impress, but I was quite underwhelmed. Headless Monks were LAME and a stupid enemy. Didn't get the whole point of even having the two gay soldiers in episode at all.

Not sure what they could have done, but to me it was a big time let down after all that has led up to it. Probably doesn't help that I really don't like the River Song character AT ALL. Honestly, the only episode I really liked (and even that I had a few issues with since they cheaped out on a few things) was the Doctor's Wife, and that was mostly because I'm a big Neil Gaiman fan.

Guess its just me though, as most favored it. Frankly, the last series was great, but this one just isn't doing it for me. I'm almost missing RTD and his corny plots.

What I was really hoping for was an ending like Dexter season 3. I've never been more floored or aghast then that (won't ruin it for people who haven't watched it, but its a doozy), and this was nothing like that. Here is hoping for a better second half of the season.

Good News! The Dacia Sandero will be appearing in Doctor Who...

Nah, just kidding. The BBC confirmed today that Series 7 has been commissioned and Matt Smith will be returning as the Eleventh Doctor. Nothing mentioned yet about Karen Gillan or Arthur Darvill. Stephen Moffat has already been on twitter about the announcement.
14 eps + Matt DEFINITELY. I've got a plan and I'm NOT TELLING YOU WHAT IT IS. Now hush or River shoots you with her Spoiler Gun
No word as of yet if the season will be split like this years. The 14 episode season will comprise of the standard 13 episode run + 1 Christmas Day special.

I'd rather not know if Karen and Arthur are back until as late as possible because I don't like knowing that any situation with them will be fine because they are signed up for the next season, it was like the 2 part finale of series 4 that was ruined by Sci-Fi showing the trailer during the credits and there were 2 Doctors.

Didn't get the whole point of even having the two gay soldiers in episode at all.

Yeah. I didn't get that, really. One presumably had his head removed, and then... :shrug: Did he make a reappearance in any way that was significant? I wasn't able to watch it with full concentration but didn't see him again.

Yeah. I didn't get that, really. One presumably had his head removed, and then... :shrug: Did he make a reappearance in any way that was significant? I wasn't able to watch it with full concentration but didn't see him again.

i think they were merely there to act as a way of introducing the soldier girl (i forget her name at the moment) and also introducing the menace of the headless monks.

For those who have kids and live in the Salford area. The BBC have announced a Doctor Who Experience event currently called The Crash of Elysium. The Event is based around the wreckage of a steam ship called the Elysium (obviusly) and the exploration of the remains. Those who attend will be given a introduction by the Doctor himself. The introduction video you may recognise from the Fourth Dimension posts on the BBC Doctor Who website.
The Event will be held from June 30th to July 17th and is aimed for children only. No Adults allowed (No fair, thats age discrimination. i'm going to hold my breath until they let me in! *stamps feet*). There are also two tie in websites that expand the background story. One is of coverage of the crash from the Northwest Historical Society and another is a blog from somone called Daryl the Diver.

I got a question: I read an article (and saw a video) somewhere about a guy who built a Dalek out of his wheelchair. Anyone remember this and has a link?