Doctor Who

Sarah Jane Adventures are definitely made for kids, with some embedded morality play in them each time and over-the-top fantastic elements. As for the Dalek weapon... yeah, that sounds like the sort of Davies ex Machina that he'd pull. Either that, or something having to do with the hand in a box he still has.

Yeah I just looked up the wiki entry on Sarah Jane and it is definitely a kid show.

I hadn't thought about the hand hmhh that is an even more interesting way of working it.

Has anyone ever watched The Sarah Jane Adventures? I only ever watch Torchwood and Doctor who so is Sarah Jane any good?

I saw the whole first series. The last two-part episodes (Whatever Happened To Sarah Jane and The Lost Boy) are excellent. They are kids' shows, but those two are pretty damn good for adults, too.

The former episode deals with death and the latter with child abduction, so they cover serious topics, too. link to a trailer

So, basically, it's quite good and worth a shot if you've nothing else to watch.

The hour-long 'special' that began the series was a bit naff, then the series (10 episodes, 5 2 parters, half an hour each) gets better as it goes along.

I don't really understand the whole 'Mr Smith' thing that was going on in the last episode. Is that something from the original Doctor Who? A giant computer that thinks it's part of your wall?

I don't really understand the whole 'Mr Smith' thing that was going on in the last episode. Is that something from the original Doctor Who? A giant computer that thinks it's part of your wall?

Mr. Smith is Sarah Jane Smith's computer, and it first appeared in the Sarah Jane adventures. It's only appeared in that series until now, and basically is her deus ex machina that intercepts signals, hacks, etc; some throwaway line ages ago suggests that it was also a gift from the Doctor.

To be honest, I really want there to be a new doctor. For the simple reason that the crew could receive an award for the best kept secret in history, because they would have filmed a whole episode with a new doctor without anyone knowing.

Anyways, excellent episode, can't wait for next week.

You know Sarah Jane has her own spinoff series like Torchwood, right?

Anyways read and be enlightened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Smith_(The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures)

btw i loved the bit in the Top Gear news segment where they showed a clip from the Library episode where they joked the Stig was the dead guy in the space suit 'Proper Dave' lol

To be honest, I really want there to be a new doctor. For the simple reason that the crew could receive an award for the best kept secret in history, because they would have filmed a whole episode with a new doctor without anyone knowing.

That'd be impressive, and the planning involved would be quite something - getting David Tennant to hang around for a day for the Xmas Special filming to distract people from Doc Eleven?

You know Sarah Jane has her own spinoff series like Torchwood, right?

Anyways read and be enlightened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Smith_(The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures)

btw i loved the bit in the Top Gear news segment where they showed a clip from the Library episode where they joked the Stig was the dead guy in the space suit 'Proper Dave' lol

Thanks. I thought that Mr Smith might be from that series, but then my brain decided that Sarah Jane was the ex-prime minster woman.

The library episode was good, I enjoyed seeing them get chased by a skeleton in a space suit. :D

Thanks. I thought that Mr Smith might be from that series, but then my brain decided that Sarah Jane was the ex-prime minster woman.

The library episode was good, I enjoyed seeing them get chased by a skeleton in a space suit. :D

Correction, There where being chased by the stig! :lol:

I hope there not a new doctor he must cheat it because i liked david tennith playing the doctors roll.

Maybe they will say something in the Dalek's weapon caused him to only partially regenerate and that is why he didn't change form.

I think you're right, you could see that when the Doctor got hit only half of his body turned into an xray, but whenever anyone else got hit their whole body did it. Hope we dont loose Tennant, he's a great Doctor.
Hope this saturday's episode lives up to how good last one was.

I think you're right, you could see that when the Doctor got hit only half of his body turned into an xray, but whenever anyone else got hit their whole body did it. Hope we dont loose Tennant, he's a great Doctor.
Hope this saturday's episode lives up to how good last one was.

So what youre saying is that only half his body will die and regenerate, but the untouched half will still look like David Tennant, so he'll end up turning into a time lord Two Face? I sincerely hope not...

TwoFace.jpg

My god that was one bloody good ending to a series. The start was a bit so so, but I had a tear in my eye by the end.

Theres a BBC interview with Russell T Davies avail for download, he apparently discusses there that 4 1 hour long eps/specials are already confirmed for 2009.

Wow, Doctor Who Allstars, anyone? I liked it...

I quite enjoyed it and though it was good over all, however, there were a couple of things I didn't like.

I didn't like the cheapness of the whole cliff hanger thing and then wham he is back to normal, although it can kind of be forgiven as it led on to a important part of the overall story.

I also didn't like that they were all so crippled and powerless and then suddenly Donna get smart, touches one switch and all the the Darleks weapons are useless and they spin around harmlessly, if fact being pushed around in a comic fashion.

I thought that the Master was a far better and fearsome enemy and that final couple of episodes had more feeling and made you care about the characters more then the end of this season.

I quite enjoyed it and though it was good over all, however, there were a couple of things I didn't like.

I didn't like the cheapness of the whole cliff hanger thing and then wham he is back to normal, although it can kind of be forgiven as it led on to a important part of the overall story.

I also didn't like that they were all so crippled and powerless and then suddenly Donna get smart, touches one switch and all the the Darleks weapons are useless and they spin around harmlessly, if fact being pushed around in a comic fashion.

I thought that the Master was a far better and fearsome enemy and that final couple of episodes had more feeling and made you care about the characters more then the end of this season.

I agree for the most part, the finale was cool because the whole new series cast is basically reunited, but too many of the plot devices were too contrived and pulled out of the writers butts. which is too bad because the writing was so well crafted up to that point, perhaps they wrote themselves into a corner, but again i just blame that on RTD, he uses good material but doesnt always know how to wrap things up well. Too bad Steve Moffat can't flex his muscles on a full series right away. really want to see how different his version of Who will be. His individual written eps were the best of the show.

I thought it was good. One thing I didn't understand, when the Doctor was talking to Gwen he asked if she has family in Cardiff or something, then made a comment to Rose about how she looked like someone. What exactly were they referring too?