Doctor Who

5.9m would make that episode the lowest rated since the revival. BBC should include iplayer viewing numbers.

gawddamn world cup

Numbers should go up once they include the people who recorded it and watched it within a week of airing. It's more the proportional bit of the rating (i.e. the number watching compared to the total number of people watching anything during that timeslot) that matters, and they seemed to do pretty well (as per usual) there.

But I cannot wait for Sunday now- MotoGP the night before (and my uncle's birthday party), Doctor Who during the day and World Superbikes at night! Perfect way to end exam period :D

BBC have just released a 50 second clip preview of this weeks season finale. As per usual its been spoilered for those who don't want to see (myself included, i'm avoiding everything about the story of this weeks episode).

BBC have just released a 50 second clip preview of this weeks season finale. As per usual its been spoilered for those who don't want to see (myself included, i'm avoiding everything about the story of this weeks episode).
*snip*

I'm the same, avoiding GB spoiler section like the plague, only know a couple of things from the magazine section. I'm also imposing a complete ban on the intertubes (hopefully) until I get the episode on Sunday. TPO got spoilered a fair bit for me and it wasn't as fun. The fact I am only getting the SD version (and potentially a quicker wireless broadband source if I can justify the costs to myself) and there is going to be MotoGP to watch while I wait makes it easier to bear too! :lol:

Argh! The week is halfway through! Not long now!

Between this on Saturday and Top Gear on Sunday, this weekend is shaping up to be pretty epic.

+1 on spoilers, aswell.
TPO was pretty much the first episode since the Eleventh Hour that I've seen without any spoilers. The shock ending was all the more effective as a result.

I'm the same, avoiding GB spoiler section like the plague, only know a couple of things from the magazine section. I'm also imposing a complete ban on the intertubes (hopefully) until I get the episode on Sunday. TPO got spoilered a fair bit for me and it wasn't as fun. The fact I am only getting the SD version (and potentially a quicker wireless broadband source if I can justify the costs to myself) and there is going to be MotoGP to watch while I wait makes it easier to bear too! :lol:

Argh! The week is halfway through! Not long now!
Between this on Saturday and Top Gear on Sunday, this weekend is shaping up to be pretty epic.
+1 on spoilers, aswell.
TPO was pretty much the first episode since the Eleventh Hour that I've seen without any spoilers. The shock ending was all the more effective as a result.

i've pretty much been avoiding spoilers about the series since the End of Time, much like Brydie i've stayed out of Gallifrey Base and only popped in there occasionally to hear if they've confirmed a soundtrack to the series (and to the specials as well, i want that piece of music that played during Tenths regeneration . damn you BBC!)
since then i've done all i can to keep my head out of Doctor Who by drowning myself in football, wimbledon or World of WarCraft (footie and wimbledon haven't helped since the blasted BBC keep airing ads for Doctor Who). But like Buffy said, with a new series of Top Gear on sunday its looking to be a very epic weekend.
Plus also i love that my theory about the date cited as the centre of the time explosion in 5x05: "Flesh and Stone", 26 June 2010, is also the airdate of the final episode. about time that one of my crackpot theories finally pays off.

nothing major but i saw this and it made me very jealous.
TARDIS Fetches over ?10,000
tardis.jpg

The TARDIS used by ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston sold for ?10,800, when auctioned at Bonham's earlier today. The prop was one of several Doctor Who related items up for sale at the London auction house. A console built for the Doctor Who exhibition at Longleat sold for ?900 while a Cyberman helmet from the second Doctor stories Moonbase and The Tomb Of The Cybermen went for ?7,800. Two Daleks fetched ?4,800 each and a model of K-9 was sold for ?1,200.

also the episode titles for Season Four of the Sarah Jane Adventures have been released.
guest stars for this season are of course Matt Smith, Katy Manning (former third doctor companion Jo Grant) and Julian Bleach as the Nightmare man.
4x01: The Nightmare Man by Joseph Lidster
4x02: The Vault of Secrets by Phil Ford
4x03: Death of the Doctor by Russell T Davies
4x04: The Empty Planet by Gareth Roberts
4x05: Lost in Time by Rupert Laight
4x06: Goodbye, Sarah Jane Smith by Gareth Roberts and Clayton Hickman

i'm really excited that Matt Smith's appearance is going to be written by RTD. Really interested to see how he handles the new doctor. its likely that the 6th episode won't be the final episode because its highly rumored that the actor playing Luke Smith is leaving the series and another actor and character will be joining the series next year.

Pandoracle references
The most feared thing in all the universe ; the most dangerous thing in the universe ; it contains the mightiest warrior in history ; known as a gobiln or a trickster, or a warrior. A Nameless terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it or hold it or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world ; A good wizard tricked it ; Think of the fear that went into the making of this box. What could inspire that level of fear ; Hello, you. Have we met? What are you? ; What could you posibly be?
And then he goes up to scare away thousands of spaceships with just a little speech ... wich was about the point in the episode where I went "wait a minute" ...

Another thing that struck me. So the pandoracle was transmitting through time and space that it will open. The pandoracle was build to lure the doctor into a trap in order to contain him to stop the explosion from happening. (bare with me, this is going somewhere) While there is something controlling the tardis (likley trying to blow it up) going "silence will fall". Now, prisoner zero has gotten the message "the pandoracle will open, silence will fall". Now it doesn make much sense that the pandoracle would transmit "silence will fall" because it?s a device trying to prevent just that. The person/thing that?s doing that in/to the tardis won?t have anything to do with the pandoracle at all. So why is that bit transmitted?
Now, that?s either a rather big mistake in writing the series ... or I?m missing something important here.
I think the episode "the lodger" will be the key to all this in the end. It felt like a filler watching it, but I think the questions that baught up, will be answered in "the big bang". Who build a timemachine with timelord technology, and what happend to him/them. What will the keys the doctor got open? And why were there 4 sets of keys? http://img27.imageshack.**/img27/7852/keysc.jpg :hmm:
Green-crocodile, eh? While the doctor get?s a Wrench ...

2 more days. This is torture.

Last edited:
Pandoracle references And then he goes up to scare away thousands of spaceships with just a little speech ... wich was about the point in the episode where I went "wait a minute" ...

Another thing that struck me. So the pandoracle was transmitting through time and space that it will open. The pandoracle was build to lure the doctor into a trap in order to contain him to stop the explosion from happening. (bare with me, this is going somewhere) While there is something controlling the tardis (likley trying to blow it up) going "silence will fall". Now, prisoner zero has gotten the message "the pandoracle will open, silence will fall". Now it doesn make much sense that the pandoracle would transmit "silence will fall" because it?s a device trying to prevent just that. The person/thing that?s doing that in/to the tardis won?t have anything to do with the pandoracle at all. So why is that bit transmitted?
Now, that?s either a rather big mistake in writing the series ... or I?m missing something important here.
I think the episode "the lodger" will be the key to all this in the end. It felt like a filler watching it, but I think the questions that baught up, will be answered in "the big bang". Who build a timemachine with timelord technology, and what happend to him/them. What will the keys the doctor got open? And why were there 4 sets of keys? http://img27.imageshack.**/img27/7852/keysc.jpg :hmm:
Green-crocodile, eh? While the doctor get?s a Wrench ...

2 more days. This is torture.

I suspect Prisoner Zero is on the side of the people who actually want to silence the universe, even if he wasn't necessarily working directly for them; remember that the Atraxi were among the fleet surrounding the earth when the Pandorica opened, and they were the ones who jailed him. I trust Moffat to do the right thing in the next episode; the thing with him is that plot holes are opportunities for new revelations, rather than inevitable disappointment as it was in the era of RTD.

I suspect Prisoner Zero is on the side of the people who actually want to silence the universe, even if he wasn't necessarily working directly for them; remember that the Atraxi were among the fleet surrounding the earth when the Pandorica opened, and they were the ones who jailed him. I trust Moffat to do the right thing in the next episode; the thing with him is that plot holes are opportunities for new revelations, rather than inevitable disappointment as it was in the era of RTD.

thats very true with Moffat. RTD's plot holes were more along the lines of the outrageous and implausible while Moffat's plot holes lead to gobsmacked faces of "how did i not see that coming?"

Just finished watching ep 12 (I know, blame technology) but this is so tense, if Moffatt pulls this finale off, then makes for an epic series.

Stephen Moffat, you motherfucking GENIUS.

Just once, I would have liked him to say "Just like that!" while wearing it.

And then start laughing manically.

there were times where i was struggling abit to hang on to what was happening or how things would be resolved but what a fanf@ckintastic episode it was.

actually felt mildly emotional, (brought a smile to my face) when river received the Geronimo message

They were probably Ten/Rose fangirls who were clinging to the hope of Rose coming back.

Either that, or they just wanted more explosions, and less thinking.

The paradoxes (paradoxi?) were brilliant.

Everything was cleared up, except

Who was behind the whole thing (ie. who was controlling the TARDIS)
but we will find out about that next series probably.

and, most importantly

THE DUCKLESS DUCK POND!!

Other than that, the only bad thing about the episode is that it ended, and that Doctor Who won't be on next week :(
Christmas 2010, bring it on!! :D

In the meantime, TOP GEAR!!! :D

Last edited:
I know a lot of people on the net hated this episode but I fucking Loved it.

People hated it? o_O

they probably hated the fact that
i remember after "Flesh and Stone" aired, people (but mostly the nerds in the Gallifrey Base Jihadist network) all claimed they had noticed a production blooper and that when the Doctor spoke to Amy he was still wearing his jacket. Of course this episode proves that actually it wasn't an error and if there's anything that nerds hate most, its being proven wrong by someone you call a smartarse.

personally i'm going to have to watch this episode again just to soak it all in and truly make sense of it. it felt like it was running so fast and i was having trouble keeping up with all the revelations and so on.