Doctor Who

No one knows what it means, but it's provocative!
(Chazz Michael Michaels [Will Ferrell] on The Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps")

couldn't explain it better really.

since the titles reveal, apparently the complaints to the BBC have already started coming in.

Well SEEING DR WHO is an anagram of GODWINS HERE........

I think it's part of the BBC trying to demonstrate their impartiality. They featured the British and Churchill in the last season so it's only right and proper to let the other side have their turn.

:D

New Preview Clip released

Cast Interview

UPDATE: Eliza Dushku has been confirmed for the online spin off Torchwood: Web of Lies. RTD spoke about it in this months Doctor Who magazine.
This is a hugely exciting innovation, a fully-scripted animated adventure with interactive elements, with fantastic voice talents - John Barrowman and Eve Myles reprise their roles as Jack and Gwen, alongside special guest star Eliza Dushku, and co-starring Bob Harris. The adventures will run in weekly installments, parallel with the event of Miracle Day, adding new clues, new insights, and new dangers, as everyone races to find out the truth behind the mysterious Miracle...
Apparently it will be 10, three minute episodes. no word yet on when it will be released.

Last edited:
E-jac-u-laaate!

Paul Merton, I love you, and want to have your babies (I'm sure they'll taste lovely with ketchup).

here's the whole HIGNFY thing about the Daleks

also the BBC will be releasing a bunch of stuff tonight after the mid season finale airs.
The wait is almost over! The epic finale begins on BBC ONE tonight at 6.40pm.

A Good Man Goes to War is a truly incredible adventure. Visually stunning, shocking, dramatic and packed with surprises, it's an episode you'll want to watch again... and again!

Straight after the episode finishes we'll have the first of our director's commentaries. In this one, Peter Hoar talks us through the jaw-dropping final scene of the episode. We'll also have the reactions of Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill as they recall finding out about the story's big reveal. And in another video exclusive, Steven Moffat and Alex Kingston discuss what we've found out so far... and hint at secrets yet to be revealed! All that, plus more images and news about what happens next!

But before all that, A Good Man Goes to War at 6.40pm. Tune in and hold on tight: It's the big one.

the features will be available at the Doctor Who website.

That was epic

River being their daughter didn't really cross my mind until the start of this episode. I now want to know what the skeleton with the sonic screwdriver fading and the words "Time Runs Out" means at the end, guess thats the next big Dr Who question

That was epic

River being their daughter didn't really cross my mind until the start of this episode. I now want to know what the skeleton with the sonic screwdriver fading and the words "Time Runs Out" means at the end, guess thats the next big Dr Who question

unfortunately, that reveal was what that twat spoilered yesterday on twitter. although i still think there's more to it.
The Doctor's reaction to the cot. at one point i honestly expected him to say "mum?" to River.

also the "Time Runs Out" thing, i honestly expect that to be tied into the Doctor's death seen in 6x01: The Impossible Astronaut.

Melody Pond is currently trending on twitter.

Doctor Who site is currently down at the moment.

Here's the new Teaser Trailer and the Director's Commentary for the final scene of A Good Man goes to War as well
BE WARNED BIG, BIG SPOILERS IN HERE!

Last edited:
My reactions to River's big reveal, in chronological order:

When we found out that River was the Doctor's mother:
o_O Okay, I didn't guess that. Could have been a bit more radical though, Moff.

When we found out that River was Amy's daughter:
O_O Okay, I did guess that. I didn't expect River to be both though.

30 minutes after the episode has finished:
:motherofgod:

The more I think about it in context, the more mindblowing it becomes. Seriously, when you look back on River's past appearances, it just provides a whole new perspective on the way she acts, her relationship with Doc, Amy and Rory. Moff even managed to explain that whole half-human thing from the American TV-Movie with the 8th Doctor. I have just been Moffucked.

River Song is probably one of the greatest characters in the show's history now.

Does this mean that Gallifrey will return at some point?

Last edited:
i think the reveal that River is the Doctor's mother is currently unspoken and unsaid at the moment. only implied.

its also only a matter of time until Gallifrey returns. it almost seems like they are seeding the concept of the return of the Time Lords.

UPDATE:
BBC have released a video that takes a look at what is to come in the Autumn. Contains spoilers regarding River and tonights episode.

Last edited:
Oh. :| In that case, that's rather disappointing. I was too busy explaining everything to my mum (who hasn't got the best grasp of English, even with subtitles) to pay attention. :blush:

I don't want the Time Lords to come back. It's been done before. If they come back, they'll become as tired as the Daleks. Not Moffat's style to do something like that.

Last edited:
One thing i've loved as always with Doctor Who and especially this series so far is the music by Murray Gold. I like this piece/theme that has been recurring during the series, played again at the end of tonight's episode

Yeah, I hadn't thought about
who River was before that episode, but then not too far in they start dropping not too subtle hints all over the place.

I don't know how that's a part one of two though... they left a couple unanswered questions but wrapped up the plot of the episode neatly.

I don't know how that's a part one of two though... they left a couple unanswered questions but wrapped up the plot of the episode neatly.

Well,
MelodySong PondRiver (reminds me of Nigel Tufnel, by the way) still is in the hands of Eyepatch Lady and the Doctor still has to "fall".

Last edited:
best way to think of it is like last seasons finale "The Big Bang" it wrapped up some plot threads but it also left things open for the current series. when the series relaunches in about 13 weeks time, it will be with a new adventure but continuing the plot threads from the recent episodes.

UPDATE: New video interview with Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill about the episode. Spoilered because it has about the ending of the episode.

Last edited:
In DW Confidential, Alex Kingston posed the question "How many babies have been in the Doctor's cot?" :think:

Maybe River is the Doctor's wife after all, and they had children? o_O

I duno, the big reveal wasnt all that big to me. Lotsa hype about something that was not too surprising at all.

So... what? That? After that big a fuss beforehand, this ep seriously failed to deliver.
OK, so Doctor Who is not an action show, but showing basically no fighting in a story like this, titled like this? I feel cheated on. Plus, this was part 3 of a three-parter and it's followed by a mid-season break, and to me it's just another level of building up the story, not resolving it... after all, the baby is still in the hands of the bad guys. The thing is, about ten minutes in, I already got the feeling that a single ep is just not enough time to resolve the story in a satisfying way.

On the big reveal: At some time in the past, I guessed River and the Doctor have to be somehow related. But I had forgotten it by now. On the other hand, River being Amy's daughter, that one I guessed. Although by discussions here in this thread, I actually thought the Doctor would be the father. But the way it's gone down, it wasn't that big a surprise.
The unspoken, but assumed detail of River also being The Doctor's mother is more mindblowing - this is a serious level of time-travel trouble going on there, I don't even want to start thinking about it. Now The Doctor has to rescue Melody Pond from her evil kidnappers to prevent her becoming a warrior against himself, bring her back in time to Gallifrey so she can become his mother and raise him to become the time and space travelling Timelord we all love, so he can meet Amy Pond and her future husband, so that they can conceive their child in the TARDIS which causes the child to become part Timelord... and actually, I can't find a real paradox in there - I'll be damned. Of course, some time after having Little Doctor, River has to be taken away from Gallifrey to get on with her adventures with her grown-up son. And this still doesn't answer what that prison was she kept returning to and in what time that was and why she was there.

Reading what I just wrote: Basically the whole weight of the ep hangs on something that has not even been said explicitly a few seconds before the ending...

While watching, the baby being River should really have dropped on me as soon as Amy called the baby by name. I blame English not being my first language on that...
Oh, and I just loved the ending with the "the Doctor will return in "[next ep's title]". Had I not known that title beforehand, I would probably have fallen off my couch laughing.

Now, I think I'll be rewatching basically everything since River's first appearance before the season continues in the autumn.