Doctor Who

I just realised that they left Hitler locked in the cupboard. :lol:

Wow. Steven Moffat, you're a wonderful person.

P.S. Alex Kingston's cleavage FTW! :lol:

certainly confirms all those conspiracy theories suggesting Hitler was in the closet
And there was me thinking they'd missed the opportunity for that joke!

Last edited:
spoilered just in case some people haven't seen 6x08: Let's Kill Hitler yet. Here's the trailer for 6x09: Night Terrors.

awesome episode, so glad the Doctor is back. Moffat is a genius, saw some things coming a bit, but the stories are so much better now RTD is gone.

I just wish the seasons were a little bit longer, although splitting it in 2 this year has helped.

Looking ahead at the future episodes it looks amazing.

I loved the acknowledgment that Rose, Martha, and Donna had come before. That was my main gripe with Eleven/Moffat -- that it seemed like the previous companions had never existed.

Also, I can tell I'll have to hide behind the sofa next week. I should really vacuum behind there.

I loved the acknowledgment that Rose, Martha, and Donna had come before. That was my main gripe with Eleven/Moffat -- that it seemed like the previous companions had never existed.

Also, I can tell I'll have to hide behind the sofa next week. I should really vacuum behind there.
+1, was just going to say that.

There seems to be a real shift in quality between RTD's era and Moffat's Era. The stories seem to be more well structured and well written (not just Moffat's episodes).

Also i agree completely about next week's Doctor Who. it looks to be Doctor Who going back to its classic series roots and have lots of children hiding behind the sofa. More than likely a few will be pushed out of the way as their own parents take cover as well.

Couple of other things. When the TARDIS was showing the Doctor the 3 previous companions and he said they all gave him guilt. I was half expecting the TARDIs to show the forms of Adric, Katrina or Sara Kingdom (for those who weren't around. These are the only companions who have been known to have been killed during their travels with the Doctor. Katrina & Sara Kingdom died during the First Doctor storyline The Daleks Master Plan and Adric was killed in the Fifth Doctor storyline Earthshock).

I also noticed that there were several paradoxes created from this episode. Amy named her daughter Melody after her childhood friend Mels. Mels however was responsible for bringing Amy and Rory together and effectively created her own existence. Also so far we've been meeting River Song effectively backwards in her life, from her death to her regeneration into her current form. This means that any future episodes with her will now come from a later point in life, meaning that at some point her life ran parallel to the Doctor's.
Also when the Doctor whispers into River's ear. Its my belief that this is where the Doctor tells her his true name.
Wasn't expecting the revealtion about the Silence either. They're not a species but a religous order. That means that the race we've encountered before in The Impossible Astronaut & Day of the Moon are just members of that religous order and their name hasn't been given yet. This also means that it was more than just them who were responsible for "destroying the TARDIS and the universe" last year.
uh-oh, all this talk about paradoxes has made me go all cross eyed... :?

Last edited:
If I may cross-reference another sci-fi franchise for a minute:

Time travel. Ever since my first day in the job as a Starfleet Captain I swore I'm never let myself get caught in one of these god-forsaken paradoxes. The future is the past, the past is the future. It all gives me a headache.

Sorry, but Jedd's talk of paradoxes made me think of that.

What can I say? Another great DW episode. It was great seeing Amy get her wish - although not in the way that she intended. And Rory - goes from being the little boy that everybody ignored to punching Hitler!
And I always suspected that the Doctor felt quite a bit of guilt over what happened to Donna. Rose and Martha's lives were changed for the better after travelling with the Doctor. Rose went from a 19 year old girl working part-time in a shop and living with her Mum on a council estate to Rose Tyler - Defender of the Earth working for Torchwood on her Earth. And Martha is a full doctor working for UNIT - also protecting the Earth from alien incursions.
But Donna? Her life basically went back to what it is was before she ever appeared in the TARDIS that first time. All the adventures they had, all the good she did - she cannot be allowed to remember any of it.

Just read this over on IMDB, someone pointed out how the first episode we ever see River is called Silence in the Library and she has been a part of The Silence, wonder if Moffat had that planned or if it's just coincidence

Just read this over on IMDB, someone pointed out how the first episode we ever see River is called Silence in the Library and she has been a part of The Silence, wonder if Moffat had that planned or if it's just coincidence

if there's one rule i generally have with Moffat. it's usually that nothing is just a coincidence

Realised that earlier while looking up River Song episodes.. he's cunning.

Rory being awesome
UvFMH.gif

UPDATE: Its just been announced there will be a Doctor Who Symphony at the Melbourne Arts Centre in February 2012. The DW Symphony will be much like the Doctor Who Proms in London last year. The event ill be a mix of music from the TV series, clips from the TV show and the appearance of monsters. There's a website to the Melbourne Arts Centre and the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra but no mention yet of the symphony itself. If i find more i'll let the aussie DW fans know.

UPDATE 2: The overnight figures are in. 6x08: Let's Kill Hitler had 6.2 million viewers. of those 1.2 million watched on BBC One HD and 0.51 million watched Doctor Who Confidential on BBC Three.

UPDATE 3: Introduction video to next weeks episode 6x09: Night Terrors.

Last edited:
Did you watch all of 6x08: Let's Kill Hitler on Saturday? Well as it turns out you didn't see all of the episode and BBC America have released a motion comic book which expands upon a scene in the episode. The video has been spoilered since it contains plot information regarding Let's Kill Hitler and if you haven't seen the episode yet. Its advised you don't watch this until you've seen the full episode itself.

I saw all of it because I was watching it on BBC America. :p There's a small advantage to being American sometimes.