Doctor Who

Promotional Photos released for this weeks episode.
god11.jpg

god31.jpg

god4.jpg

god5.jpg

god6.jpg

god7.jpg

god8.jpg

I've saved this one remaining photo to last because it does feature a very big spoiler. while the others have plot spoilers, this one is completely different.
are you sure?
god21.jpg

Last edited:
Something that british FG members can clarify for me. When the doctor makes the joke to young Amelia about how Scottish fry everything they eat, how exaggerated or true is this stereotype anyway? I don't know many scots, never been to scotland so I have no reason to know the answer to this firsthand. Someone told me once 'even in america I've never found a deep fried pizza, but I have in Scotland'.

Not to steer too far OT but I love scotch eggs :)

apologies for double post. BBC have released 3 clips from this weeks episode of Doctor Who. I've spoilered them so not to ruin the episode for everyone.

Don't know if anyone else has heard the promotion of Chameleon Circuit on BBC Radio 4 Extra, but I rather liked the music. For those who haven't heard, they're a band playing songs entirely about your favourite Time Lord. Unless your favourite Time Lord is The Master. Or Romana. Or.. well, anyone except the good Doc to be honest. Anyway: http://www.myspace.com/chameleoncircuitmusic

Brilliant episode, loved every minute of it. Definately one of the best of the series so far (that distinction still goes to Neil Gaiman's "The Doctor's Wife"
Didn't see the ending coming at all. It ended in such a sad way as well, with the Doctor alone in his TARDIS off to meet his fate. Amy giving up her life in the TARDIS to settle down with Rory. I enjoyed all the little comments the girl referencing the Doctor's God Complex. How he refuses to let anyone die and yet is powerless to prevent it. How he is truthful to Amy, the girl who is always waiting and how she needed to stop waiting.
The monster's use of faith as a weapon through fear is a interesting parallel since obviously anyone who meets the Doctor is obviously going to place a lot of faith in him. How could anyone not put their faith in him.
I loved David Walliam's appearance as the cowardly alien (i didn't catch the characters name) and how he so brilliantly gives his lines "i'm only a tree planter, because you know. invading forces find it easier to conquer in the shade." i'm not a fan of Little Britain but i thought on this episode he was well casted. I honestly wouldn't mind a return appearance.
But what did the Doctor see in his room? My guess is on two things. Either River Song was in there or the Astronaut. The one waiting for him at Lake Silencio.

also...
am i the only one that doesn't care about James Corden being in the next episode of doctor who. i can't stand the guy. can't act and last years "the lodger" was probably the weakest out of Series 5 for precisely that reason. I understand that the Doctor knows he's going to die, how he's now spending the last moments of his life and he's going to spend it with a friend. But honestly i would have picked Vincent Van Gogh over James Corden's character.

while i remember. the trailer for next weeks episode.

Last edited:
Bah, still nothing released. We really wanted to be able to watch it tonight.

also...
am i the only one that doesn't care about James Corden being in the next episode of doctor who. i can't stand the guy. can't act and last years "the lodger" was probably the weakest out of Series 5 for precisely that reason. I understand that the Doctor knows he's going to die, how he's now spending the last moments of his life and he's going to spend it with a friend. But honestly i would have picked Vincent Van Gogh over James Corden's character.

I agree 100% with you about that, not looking forward to next week's episode, hate him too.

Anyways tonight's episode was amazing.
Really loved how it showed the Doctor's character and how at the end of the day he ends up hurting people. I was thinking the same two people might have been in the room as you Jedd, or could have maybe been something like Amy's grave. Definitely think this was one of the best episodes of the series, better than the last 2 weeks have been (but they weren't exactly bad in the first place). I'm dying to know what the end of the series has in store, especially with the title of the episode.

The episode was good, but...

I'm disappointed I didn't see any hardcore atheism. :|
:p

Last edited:
My thought...
My first thought when the Doctor said "It couldn't be anybody else" was that he saw himself in the room. Like he knew what it was going to be before he even opened the door.

i assumed that he saw a version of himself standing next to the tardis, as we heard its engine noise.

I get the feeling The Doctor either saw a version of himself or Amy's death in his room, gives more reason to him doing what he did.

i assumed that he saw a version of himself standing next to the tardis, as we heard its engine noise.

if you get the chance watch it again. listen closely you'll hear the noise of the TARDIS Cloister Bell. which usually means impending doom.

Well he did say "Who else?" so who else could it be? :p

So, what is the relationship between the Silence and Crack in the Universe? Is the repeated "silence will fall" simply the common idiom - that everything will be silent - or does it mean that the "Silence will fall" (note capitalisation)? Remember what the vampires of Venice were running from? But did The Silence cause the Crack? The other way around? Or is/was the Crack an attempt by someone/thing to stop the Silence? Or just some natural phenomenon? Please excuse me while I tear my hair out.

Well he did say "Who else?" so who else could it be? :p

So, what is the relationship between the Silence and Crack in the Universe? Is the repeated "silence will fall" simply the common idiom - that everything will be silent - or does it mean that the "Silence will fall" (note capitalisation)? Remember what the vampires of Venice were running from? But did The Silence cause the Crack? The other way around? Or is/was the Crack an attempt by someone/thing to stop the Silence? Or just some natural phenomenon? Please excuse me while I tear my hair out.

The Silence were responsible for destroying the TARDIS in last years season 5 episode 5x12: The Pandorica Opens. Remember, just as it explodes the screen cracks and you hear the voice "Silence will fall". At the end of 5x13: "The Big Bang" the Doctor references that someone was responsible for destroying the TARDIS.
The Doctor said:
Space and time isn't safe yet. The TARDIS exploded for a reason. Something drew the TARDIS to this particular date and blew it up. Why? And why now? The Silence?whatever it is?is still out there.
The Cracks in the universe were the result of the TARDIS exploding so the two are directly linked. Obviously they wanted the TARDIS destroyed and its already been made clear that they don't like the Doctor.
Madame Kovarian states as much in 6x07: A Good Man Goes to War.
Madame Kovarian: Hope. Hope in this endless, bitter war.
The Doctor: War. Against who?
Madame Kovarian: Against you, Doctor.
Moffat Rule 1: Moffat lies, a lot.
Moffat Rule 2: There is no such thing as coincidence

I thought you guys might like this. :)
272229_700b.jpg

I have a weird feeling that'

Craig will die in this next episode. I don't think it's even wishful thinking. The way this series has been going, there has been a huge "The Doctor is not God, thus can't save everyone" motif. Look at last week's. The 3 people the Doctor promised to protect and save, lying dead, side by side.