Doctor Who

Damn, that was one awesome episode. Plot holes galore, but I don't care as it was just too gripping. And a helluva tough way to go, almost western movie style (the "churchbell" cues on the soundtrack were very Morricone). Can't wait to see what the next two weeks will bring.

And then, the Doctor's Wife will return for Christmas. Can't wait for that either.

I think we are safe on [Clara being dead for good]. Next week only has one acting credit and I reckon it is going to be a cracker. What happens the following week is going to be interesting.
I hope you are right. She's credited for the final episode, so let's just hope it won't be another typical "love conquers all" Doctor Who miracle.

But then again, her true love is already dead, so we might be safe after all.

I thought the goodbye at the end of the last season was better, but this wasn't too bad as Doctor Who companion deaths go.

While it was kinda entertaining to watch, it was fucking confusing in terms of story. To me it was all a big mess of unconnected random bits, and not just a bunch of plotholes. So really not sure how much I liked it in the end.

Plus I will stick with what I said when she came into the show, I really like her both as companion and as eyecandy and would not have minded her being around for longer.. :)

I hope you are right. She's credited for the final episode, so let's just hope it won't be another typical "love conquers all" Doctor Who miracle.

But then again, her true love is already dead, so we might be safe after all.

Could be flashbacks, or just a red herring to stop people working out in advance how/when she goes. It will be really lame if they unkill her and have her leave some other way. That was probably the best companion departure since the reboot and it would be sacrilege to mess with it.

Moffat in early November-

?Literally I have nothing in mind for Clara, she?s vanished from the fictional universe forever. But I think what she?s going to do by the end of this series will shock, horrify and surprise you, in roughly that order.?

Moffat in early November-

?Literally I have nothing in mind for Clara, she?s vanished from the fictional universe forever. But I think what she?s going to do by the end of this series will shock, horrify and surprise you, in roughly that order.?

Rule #1: Moffat lies. *G* (although, he does say "by the end of this series", so....)

I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back somehow, for a short bit. "Me" said she'd take care of Clara and that stasis pod thingy (yes, I am up on my technical phrases *G*) was right there. The Doctor'll probably figure out some way for her to go off and be with Danny forever.

Oh yeah, for the full last part they were standing and talking there I was going "stasis pod.. stasis pod.. stasis... stasis pod... STASIS POD.. OH FFS STASIS...oh well...ok then.. nvm..." in my head. Then again, maybe that would have been a too easy way out and one has to applaud for not using it..?

Just stumbled across this. Pretty well done....

[video=youtube;hCnZZ-_s1jQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCnZZ-_s1jQ[/video]

You won't see me praising this episode...

This was about 90% utterly boring "The Cube - Dr. Who Edition" and the whole "time-loop"-ordeal was very obvious very early. The very end was - to me - a nice surprise, as I did not expected to see Gallifrey. And if I had remembered that the Doctor was half human (which probably many of you lore nerds and hardcore fans), the Hybrid part would probably have been equally obvious way earlier.

Alas, here is to hoping that this at least prepared for an exceptional follow-up episode.

I respectfully disagree. This episode will go down as one of my favourites.

I hope they don't bring the half-human thing up, though I will accept it if they do. I also hope (as someone on r/gallifrey suggested) that the hybrid isn't "Me" (Ashildr) instead of "me".)

Last edited:
I loved it. Also I bet Moffat has Monument Valley on his iPad.

As much as I hated the thought of them finding some way to bring Clara back and all happily ever after actually quite liked what they did. Not super keen on the first half of the episode but really enjoyed the second part. Love the idea of the Doctor not remembering her and that she will eventually have to return to die but is "taking the long way round" with Me. It's be a really solid season, first for me in quite awhile.

I have to agree with you on almost all parts, except for that I quite liked the first half too. Well, I guess the first few minutes were really pointless. Quite an unexpected way to approach this whole scenario overall.

Still not quite sure I got the whole thing.

The Doctor has has all memories of Clara wiped, she and Ashildr are travelling around in a diner shaped Tardis both being not dead and presumably doing occasional lesbionics and the Hybrid is actually the Doctor and the Master?

The Doctor has has all memories of Clara wiped, she and Ashildr are travelling around in a diner shaped Tardis both being not dead and presumably doing occasional lesbionics and the Hybrid is actually the Doctor and the Master?

1. Most of the memories are wiped and he can only sort of reconstruct them by their absence, but due to the painting on the Tardis he should now remember it. Sort of.
2. Clara is still in that sort of stasis between her last heartbeats, so technically until she returns to Gallifrey she's technically unable to die. Ashildr is immortal beyond immortal.
3. I thought the hybrid was the combination of the Doctor and Clara? Put into action by Missy because she just wanted to see Gallifrey burn?

1. Most of the memories are wiped and he can only sort of reconstruct them by their absence, but due to the painting on the Tardis he should now remember it. Sort of.
2. Clara is still in that sort of stasis between her last heartbeats, so technically until she returns to Gallifrey she's technically unable to die. Ashildr is immortal beyond immortal.
3. I thought the hybrid was the combination of the Doctor and Clara? Put into action by Missy because she just wanted to see Gallifrey burn?

That all kind of makes sense.

There was an online petition to get rid of them, but whether most of the film was in the can be for the start of the series we don't know. I suspect the sonic screwdriver was always to due come back and the shades vanishing was coincidental to the campaign.