Doctor Who

15895143_126682424500037_6783200115328404248_n.jpg

I'm really hoping the new companion has no convoluted back story and, like Donna, is just a friend. Not a romantic interest, not a unrequited crush, not an impossible girl, not the girl who waited forever...just a friend. And I hope we do not see a return of Clara & Me at any point in time.

And on the subject of new personnel, Pater Capaldi is stepping down as expected.

Usual suspects being mooted by the BBC in their typically "enforced diversity" fashion. Personally I don't give a shit who plays the Doctor as long as they can act and are provided with a decent script. The only problem for me is the Doctor's possible reaction to suddenly having breasts and his genitalia turned inside out - how do you make that scene appropriate for family viewing? I reckon Jennifer Saunders could pull it off though.

Sadly I don't think Capaldi has been given the scripts or direction that befit his talents.

I would still love to see Sean Pertwee in the role as I think he could play a much darker version of the Doctor and they could build some more serious and scarier scripts around him but he has flatly refused even to consider it on more than one occasion because of his late father. Understandable but disappointing nonetheless.

I just wonder how he's going to cheat death this time around, he already got a 'free gift' regeneration last time. :think:

Usual suspects being mooted by the BBC in their typically "enforced diversity" fashion.
With two non-white people and some females (with Missy being a precedent for cross-Gender regeneration) I don't really see "enforced diversity". Most of the list are middle of the road while male leads. Which is not a bad thing, just sayin'...

[FONT=&quot]DALEK ORCHARDS: AN APPLE A DAY KEEPS THE DOC-TOR AWAY! GERMINATE! GERMINATE! GERMINATE![/FONT]

Sadly I don't think Capaldi has been given the scripts or direction that befit his talents.

Agreed. Not that I'm blaming Coleman, but the episodes have (mostly) been not-very-good since Clara came on as companion. The writing just hasn't been as good as they've tried to tell us how wonderful the "Impossible Girl" is and how she's practically the same as the Doctor and all. I'm hoping Capaldi's last series will be better and that we're left wanting more. And I REALLY hope that the new companion doesn't have a convoluted backstory.

As for the future, I don't mind the idea of a non-white-male being the Doctor, so long as it's well written. If Broadchurch is any indication, Chris Chibnall is capable of having well written characters in his shows, at least. (just so long as he avoids court scenes *G*)

I just wonder how he's going to cheat death this time around, he already got a 'free gift' regeneration last time. :think:

What could be funny is that the next regeneration works halfway and it end up with this:

0e7d27647569d3286f1d027f0e3b5faf.gif

It looks like Craig Ferguson, retired late-show host and friend of Peter Capaldi since their time in a band together.

Just a reminder that Season 10 starts today and if the trailers and teasers on the BBC Doctor Who site are anything to go by it looks like being a pretty good one. Certainly shows more promise than recent efforts. While Jenna Coleman may be cute I wasn't particularly fond of the story arcs that developed around her after her character showed such promise initially and I think her replacement is showing signs of being a much better foil for Capaldi's incarnation of the Doctor.

This season is going to be interesting, I felt the premise of this one was weak but it worked out as a decent episode for introducing Mackie. They got the story straight within 10 minutes and the rest of the episode was confirmed it without fanfare, let's say there certainly won't be a love interest story between the Doctor and his companion this time. If Mackie sticks around beyond Capaldi I wouldn't be surprised if the next Doctor was female to bring the love interest back.

Oh and Mackie isn't as annoying as I expected, not yet anyway and not as much as she seemed in the 'introducing' trailer despite it kind of being part of this episode.

Kind of agree that, ultimately, the premise of the story itself was a bit weak but it was more about laying the foundations for what is to come.

Shame PC is leaving at the end of this season as I feel he is, finally, inhabiting the role properly. Bill looks like she will be a great foil for him and having watched some of the background videos about how they want her character to be I think she will make one of the best companions for a while.

Showing promise, certainly.

Also, I liked how they played with their running gags while introducing the new companion.

This is shaping up to be a good season. I know I've defended Clara Oswald and she's still my favorite companion, but there's a freshness in the writing of the first three episodes that was missing from the last seasons...

Well I feel like it is basically a constant stream of "but why?" questions in a mostly comedic manner to things that have been the same for years and years.. while that is mostly funny, it is also getting very old very quick....