Doctor Who

Which is, in my opinion, one of the worst pieces of casting ever.

She was okay in The Runaway Bride, but only just. A lot of SHOUTING and so on.

This smacks of "Yes now we will get vast ratings and can keep selling the format overseas".

Plus, she's not Sally Sparrow :p

omg...I said the same thing on another board. About Tate sucking, and they should have picked Sally Sparrow....haha.

Sparrow was too young, and too unrelated.
It would have taken some spectacular writing to make that happen.

In other news, the 4th series premiered last night...
I quite liked it, and the departure from ZOMG LOOK AT IT'S TEETH scariness was certainly welcome.
Besides, how can you hate something this cute (and nondescript at the same time)?

http://img503.imageshack.**/img503/4541/adiposecu1.jpg

It was a fantastic episode. I like the little hint of the Sontarans, and can't wait for the rest of the series to air.

Yeah the cuteness of those beasts was amazing; I am surprised they didn't get actively vicious. However, I really want some merchandiser to bring out a gel-filled plushy version.

I think Tate is a needed change as far the Doctor's companion goes. The romantic/sexual-tension subplots from the previous seasons was getting old and repetitive. It's nice to see a pairing where theres no real sexual chemistry going on and just focus on the action and comedy. Besides we already saw the Rose Tyler cameo so something is up there, and Martha is supposed to come back later this season as well.

After Donna, they can bring back someone who is young and hot again. I too think Sally Sparrow would be an excellent companion.

Yeah the cuteness of those beasts was amazing; I am surprised they didn't get actively vicious.

I like how the show has warped our minds to expect that. :p

Bump, i just saw the Pompeii ep, thought it was pretty good, better than the season premiere for sure.

Planet of the Ood was....sanctimonious. For some reason I thought it was part of a 2-parter, so I kept waiting for the cliffhanger and got confused when it resolved so quickly. I like the little bits of ominous teasing about what the series will end on, even if they tell us absolutely sod-all. Oh, and +1 to the season premiere for giving me my new icon. SO CUTE. Ahem, must do something manly, guitar shredding time.

Planet of the Ood was....sanctimonious. For some reason I thought it was part of a 2-parter, so I kept waiting for the cliffhanger and got confused when it resolved so quickly. I like the little bits of ominous teasing about what the series will end on, even if they tell us absolutely sod-all. Oh, and +1 to the season premiere for giving me my new icon. SO CUTE. Ahem, must do something manly, guitar shredding time.

I liked Planet of the Ood, mainly because of Lord Percy / Darling turning into an Ood, which is going to give kids a few nightmares.

I'm still not convinced by Tate, though.

Oh, and next week's ep looks like crap.

I thought the Pompeii ep was much better than the Ood ep, really dealt with the reprecussions/consequences of time travel. Plus the dramatic CG shots of Pompeii's destruction were pretty amazing.

I liked Planet of the Ood, mainly because of Lord Percy / Darling turning into an Ood, which is going to give kids a few nightmares.

Thank you. He was familiar, but I couldn't remember from where. He should have kept his twitch from Goes Forth.:)

Another great episode, I especially like the jab at the 80s era serials at the beginning.

Yeah. And an annoying cliffhanger ending.

I loved when Donna's mum seemed oblivious to the fact that every car on the road was smoking, and blaming the Doctor for blowing hers up. :lol: Idiot.

The latest episode was another brilliant one! Loved the way the 2 companions had to work together, remember in one of the previous episodes in season 1 or 2, I think its the one where flying aliens used school kids for some deadly deeds, Rose met another companion who was a journalist and had the robot dog, man were those two going at it...

Did anyone catch a glimpse of Rose in the monitor screen when the doctor was contacting Donna in the tardis? It'll be a sight to see her and Martha together... Catfight anyone? :p

Can't wait for the next episode though, the trailer looked great!

^ His were some pretty good episodes. The angels which got you if you blinked was an awesome one. As was the Girl In The Fireplace. Davies isn't bad, but it will be nice to see a change.

some episodes of classic Who (mostly with the first Doctor)

The 1st Doctor is not the best one to start with for the classic Whos, I would suggesst you check out Tom Baker or Jon Pertwee as the Doctor, for the best of the classics.

I quite like the new ones, to a point. There are some things, they try some humor that doesn't quite work and they're not as dark or mystrous as they could be. I would prefer it was screened later at night and was a bit more serious and dark and the aliens, etc were more scary.

^ His were some pretty good episodes. The angels which got you if you blinked was an awesome one. As was the Girl In The Fireplace. Davies isn't bad, but it will be nice to see a change.

Yeah, Girl in the Fireplace with Sophia Myles was great... didn't realise she was the actress in Moonlight until that episode. On another note... goodbye Moonlight :(

The 1st Doctor is not the best one to start with for the classic Whos, I would suggesst you check out Tom Baker or Jon Pertwee as the Doctor, for the best of the classics.

I quite like the new ones, to a point. There are some things, they try some humor that doesn't quite work and they're not as dark or mystrous as they could be. I would prefer it was screened later at night and was a bit more serious and dark and the aliens, etc were more scary.

I agree, even though there's TorchWood, which I enjoy as well, the difference between the story lines are too great, makes Doctor Who look like a kid's show. Somewhere in between for the Doctor would be nice.