• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Documents Of My Absence (NSF56K)

zenon

As many of you may know I was a regular here but have sort of dropped off the face of the earth for the last month. I think I have already mentioned
that part of that time was spent with two holidays, so I thought I'd share some photographs of where I've been.

These are a few of the hundreds of pictures I took on my last two trips: one to Mayne Island - a small island off the coast of British Columbia, and
Ross Lake - part of an American national park that can only be reached from a logging road deep in the Canadian wilderness.

Mayne Island:

sunset.jpg

A cliche sunset shot from the side of a ferry, but nonetheless a good one.

door.jpg

A door on the ferry.

portrait.jpg

A self portrait from a reflection in a sleeping room window. It only occurred to me after that the people in the room may have wondered what the heck
I was doing pointing my camera in their window. :p

another-ferry.jpg

A passing ferry.

group-on-ferry.jpg

Rather bored. Waiting for the ferry to dock.

yo.jpg

A shot after we'd all had a few drinks. Proof that accidentally covering up half your flash with a finger can actually create a great effect.

mayne-beach.jpg

View from a beach near where we were camping.

sense-of-scale.jpg

A sense of scale.

cards.jpg

Staying entertained.

view-from-atop.jpg

View from the highest peak on the island.

peace.jpg

Hippy microwave tower.

this-island.jpg

Small nearby island.

Ross Lake:

tarp-city.jpg
Tarps - a must have for camping on the west coast.

relax.jpg

Relaxing.

handywork.jpg

Some handy work from a handy man.

hobo-kitchen.jpg

Scene from the new hit cooking show - Cooking in Ryan's Hobo Kitchen.

drinks.jpg

Pouring rain and Granville Island beer - can't get much more west coast than that.

dance.jpg

Believe it or not, but this was a very un-sober attempt at doing the robot.

empty.jpg

Empty lake.

wow zenon... very nice pictures... I would love to visit places like this sometime :thumbsup: , and btw, you look diff now :lol:

Nice pics yeh...all this looked pretty fun but it was no reason to just leave us hanging :x Now we know where we stand in your list of priorities...

j/k man, hope to see you back for good ;)

andyhui01 said:
btw, you look diff now :lol:
I'm not in any of the pictures other than the self portrait one in the ferry window. But yeah, I do look quite different. I haven't had a hair cut in about a year so my hair is down to my shoulders (I'm the stereotypical hippy in the group - I even bring a tie-dye shirt when we go camping :p).

jasonchiu said:
no girls? woah that much have been a great sasuage fest
The Mayne Island trip was a sausage fest, but my girlfriend was there for the Ross Lake trip. She's the one in the bright yellow rain jacket in the third to last picture (although that is a horrible picture of her and almost makes her look like a guy :lol:).

Sorry about the H-scroll breakage too. :?

Some great pics there mate. I spent half year in Vancouver when I was 10 so it has very fond memories for me. Seeing them certainly brings some of them back. Incidently my folks are off there for another 6 months in July and I'll be joining them for their final month over Christmas.

In particular the first two are fantastic as are the two panorams :)

Really nice pictures there. Reminds me of when I was on holiday oin canada and took the very up the inside passage from vancover to ?Port Stanley? Can't remember for sure. Stunning scenery. Now give us your lowdown on the new consoles :D

zenon said:
I'm not in any of the pictures other than the self portrait one in the ferry window. But yeah, I do look quite different. I haven't had a hair cut in about a year so my hair is down to my shoulders (I'm the stereotypical hippy in the group - I even bring a tie-dye shirt when we go camping :p).

:lmao: ... the guy with the spiky hair looked like you with shorter hair :lol: , so I thought you had a haircut :lol:

Looks like fun and good pictures! (I really like the panorama) BTW, was that piece sign by that microwave antenna actually there? You crazy canucks :D

As everyone said, great pictures...

It sure seems you had a lot of fun... :thumbup:

lben said:
Looks like fun and good pictures! (I really like the panorama) BTW, was that piece sign by that microwave antenna actually there? You crazy canucks :D
Yeah, the normal 'H' for the helicopter pad had been painted over and replaced with a peace symbol. :lol: All of the islands in that area have a reputation for being full of hippies, and Mayne Island is no exception.

I don't think I have any pictures of myself (I'm always behind the camera), but I'll try to post one sometime. My hair is getting really long. :p