Does anyone here have any experience with Warcraft 3?

SV

Car(s)
'03 BA Ford Falcon XR6
Simply put, I'm not able to get onto battle.net

I just bought the game the other day because my cousin told me too and was looking forward to trying it out with him but whenever i open the game and click on battle.net it always says the following...
You may be trying to connect to an invalid battle.net server. If you are using a modem, you may manually need to connect to the internet before connecting to battle.net

Im running my internet through a router and ive tryed port forwarding the ports but i don't seem to know how to fix it.

If somebody could shed some light on what may be happening that would be great :)

Thanks.

try disabling windows firewall if you run windows xp, or maybe try connecting through a different server like us west instead of east or vice versa. I just went on a while ago and havnt had any such problems... good luck.

Yeah you actually need to find/connect to a server and add it into a file called "BNetGatewayEditor" in your C:\Program Files\Warcraft III Folder.

I only know of 1 server - and its Australian It's called "Bored Aussie's"

In you BNetGatewayEditor Set:

Servername: Bored Aussies
Hostname: pvpgn.boredaussie.com
TZ: 0

You'll have to create an account on their website first before playing - which I've forgotten but once you've clicked BattleNet in the WIII Screen it should take you there

try disabling windows firewall if you run windows xp, or maybe try connecting through a different server like us west instead of east or vice versa. I just went on a while ago and havnt had any such problems... good luck.

Ive tryed disabling firewalls but that still doesn't work and its not specific servers. As i said i have never played this game before so i don't have an account and NONE of four realms work (west, east, europe, asia).. It just says that message that i said in the first post.

Yeah you actually need to find/connect to a server and add it into a file called "BNetGatewayEditor" in your C:\Program Files\Warcraft III Folder.

I only know of 1 server - and its Australian It's called "Bored Aussie's"

In you BNetGatewayEditor Set:

Servername: Bored Aussies
Hostname: pvpgn.boredaussie.com
TZ: 0

You'll have to create an account on their website first before playing - which I've forgotten but once you've clicked BattleNet in the WIII Screen it should take you there

So this way i can only play on that specific server, right? I can't just go onto US West or East and look for people that i know to play with? Because thats why i bought the game :(

I'm sure you can connect to otherservers and choose them via the magnifying glass near the Battlenet button - IF you have multiple servers put into the BNEtGatewayEditor

So if you find other servers - yh you can play in US etc

So what your saying is that i just can't choose US WEST then click battle.net and then be able to scroll through all the servers and just choose one that i want.
Id only be able to play the servers that i put into this BNet editor thing?

Sorry for sounding dumb, bit hard to understand when ive never gone into battle.net before.

Oh then thats got kinda no point for me, i guess ill still need to figure out how to get this crap working !! :mad: