Does anyone in your workplace still talk about TG on a Monday morning?

Does anyone in your workplace still talk about TG on a Monday morning?

• Yes, it's the first thing anyone talks about.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Only if I start the conversation

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Just this one douche who only started watching it about a year ago.

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Just a quick straw poll given the recent sentiments on here.

Pretty much everyone i know has given up on top gear, so they only watch it if there is nothing else on...

Pretty much everyone i know has given up on top gear, so they only watch it if there is nothing else on...

Everyone that you know has given up on top gear? Thats sad :cry: .

Now seriously why are you so negative about top gear? I know that the show has been losing quality but that doesnt mean that the fans of the show quit on them because of 4 episodes. For me a real fan of top gear is the guy that never quits watching the show till the end, i hope that the next special brings up some old memories.

On topic... No because the guys i know, dont see Top Gear because its english, and they dont understand the jokes etc...

Last edited:
if i'm unemployed does it count if i vote no... since i don't really have anyone to talk to Top Gear about, i mean i could talk to my invisible friend Colonel Spots but he's not really been the same since he went insane... "whats that Colonel? you want me to do what? but who'd clean up the blood..."

Everyone that you know has given up on top gear? Thats sad :cry: .

Most of them weren't "fans" of top gear but they enjoyed it for what it was, and even my mom (yes mom) says they have moved too far away from what made top gear great.

Most of them weren't "fans" of top gear but they enjoyed it for what it was, and even my mom (yes mom) says they have moved too far away from what made top gear great.

Say to your mom to see the next special. Im moving all my friends and family to my room to see the Special on my Computer :lol: .

Us... Top gear fans just need to have hope, and enjoy the litlle things that make us smile every episode.

Cumps :)

PS: Sorry for my bad english, im from portugal and english its my third language :? .

Yes, although it's Tuesday morning over here if we're talking new series, thanks to the unique way time zones are constructed. And although not immediately the first thing, it's not me that starts the conversation. A nd yes, odd bits come up during the week as well (occasionally with little stage show reproductions).

Most of the people I know who watch the show graduated and left me. :cry:

So, if it comes up, usually it's because I've brought it up. And that usually gets a "what's that?"

Used to be talk of the morning, now it barely ever gets a mention and even then its only to say 'back when it was good they did a piece on that.....'

There isn't a "No. I'm the only person who has even heard of Top Gear" option...

But where I live, and in the people I talk to, I am the only one who knows Top Gear exists...

Having introduced Top Gear to my friends somewhat recently, it's often the topic of conversation. (Yes, we're all torrent-hounds.)

Hell. Most of us stay up late until the slow torrents finish to watch it, even if it means losing sleep.
(Also, the catalyst of the conversation is usually how much I remind them of James May.)

I usually get some conversation about the show, mainly from 14-year-old boys who have seen the screensaver on my computer at school. The IT department (who frequently have to bail me out remotely - our network, not my incompetence) show a lively interest too. Guess it's just not a girly thing at my place.

Well i'm a waitress/actress. So work on monday morning usually either involves serving breakfast to bored school kids passing thorugh (in which case if there was something epic in top gear the night before- like explosions) they will be talking about it. But its considered bad for to randomly join in school kids convorsations. And if work on monday morning involves anything acting related its usually audtitions, and therefore the conversations with the other auditioniees are usually the same kind of conversations you have with people at a job interview, awkward.

However reccently one of the waiters where I work has started watchcing, and he birngs it up occasionally and bloody annoys me with it besue hes gone back to start watching them but only from the crash episode :mad: becasue apparently the other series arent exciting enough. and he constantly refurs to the presenters by thier nicknames, convos usually go something along the lines of:

Him: "hey so what were you up to last night?"
Me: "Not much, just watched tv really"
H: "SAME, watched top gear, I love that show"
M: "Yeah its-"
H: *cutting in* "re watched the crash episode as well"
M: "oh I-"
H *cutting in* "That little hamster- so brave- i swear i saw jezza with a tear in his eye"
M: "but-"
H: * cutting in* "course the new episode was fantastic as well, Do you really think he drove that twingo car off the pier?"
M: " well I-"
H: *cutting in* "Bet he did, jezzas brave like thats, its not like hes captain slow"
M: "well James -"
H: *Cutting in* " does Drive slow i know, bit of a twat really"
M: "thats not what I was going to-"
H: "anyway its been great chatting to ya, we gotta meet up outside work sometime you know?"
M: :blink:
H: "see ya later babe" *walks off*
M: :? :blink: <_< :mad: :( :|

Last edited:
Well, I work for an IT company with mostly male co-workers of roughly the same age so we have a lot of common interests. I introduced everyone here to finalgear.com and yeah there's usually at least a few of us who have watched the episode Sunday night, but most watch it by week's end

option 4 :

none. I'm the only one in the office that watches TG.

Option 5:

I only talk about it in the Finalgear forums or with two petrolhead friends whom i don't discuss TG with anymore as we're 6000miles apart.

Workplace?
Friends?

I have no understanding of these concepts.

In all seriousness, apart from this forum, almost none of my friends watch the show or at least have kept up with it regularly. I was referred to it by my ex girlfriend, but she's *ahem* an ex-girlfriend. So we're not on speaking terms.

Everybody I work with knows I am obsessed by/like Top Gear and so they tend to rip the piss and get me to explain the best bits and then pretend to die of boredom. No I don't work with children, why do you ask? The male prisoners in my charge, almost without exception, watch it and will have a conversation with me about it and then exclaim, "Miss, you know stuff about cars and everything!" as though it's the most amazing thing in the universe. They all think James May is the best presenter - weird prisoner fact for you.