Does anyone know of any CSS tutorials for wordpress?

.cmd

Hi,

I've just bought some hosting for a wordpress blog, designed a template in photoshop, but have no idea how to code it in CSS. I know a little bit of CSS from school, but not enough to make my design work in wordpress. Does anyone know of any tutorials to help?

Thanks.

Lynda.com makes some really good video tutorials on CSS. You can "acquire" such videos if you look around.

Otherwise, if you're more of a reader, you can find a lot of good and free CSS tutorial sites:
http://www.google.com/search?q=css+tutorial

Hire me. :p (This is what I do in my free time to make a little money)

But seriously, converting a PSD to a WordPress theme in a 2 step process.

Firstly, you put WordPress completely aside. Editing like the default theme to look like your design is a really bad idea. Best to start from scratch. Just create a standard static HTML/CSS document that looks like your PSD. Get all the images, divs, etc. in there. Pretend WordPress doesn't even exist.

Then once you have a complete HTML document, you slice and dice it up into the different theme files (header, sidebar, footer, etc.), add in the WP functions for listing categories and such, create The Loop, etc. The WordPress Codex will help you immensely here, as will looking at the default theme to see how it works.

The hardest part by far is getting it from a PSD to HTML/CSS. HTML/CSS to a theme is cake.

Hire me. :p (This is what I do in my free time to make a little money)

But seriously, converting a PSD to a WordPress theme in a 2 step process.

Firstly, you put WordPress completely aside. Editing like the default theme to look like your design is a really bad idea. Best to start from scratch. Just create a standard static HTML/CSS document that looks like your PSD. Get all the images, divs, etc. in there. Pretend WordPress doesn't even exist.

Then once you have a complete HTML document, you slice and dice it up into the different theme files (header, sidebar, footer, etc.), add in the WP functions for listing categories and such, create The Loop, etc. The WordPress Codex will help you immensely here, as will looking at the default theme to see how it works.

The hardest part by far is getting it from a PSD to HTML/CSS. HTML/CSS to a theme is cake.

Just out of morbid curiosity, what is your hourly rate for such work?

Indeed. I'm not in the market now, but I now know someone to contact if/when I need a CSS guru.
I dunno about guru, heh, but yeah, I know my way around CSS.

My main area though is coding (PHP, MySQL, etc.). I do HTML/CSS, but no design.