Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

How are your speeds faster *with* torrents running?
I don't know, but it's awesome!
I think it may have to do with the open ports I have to download from RU.

Last edited:
tumblr_ks8ydwUsIS1qzs8seo1_500.gif

Pretty much. Just don't get me started about the [insert ethnic minority]. God I hate those [insert ethnic slur]s.

But the service is complete shit. The internet's OK when it works. But this is France, and it doesn't :(

Well, I never had an internet line lower than...umm...1/386 if I remember properly. I only started using it 5 years ago..also started using a comp then to be honest. From then on it's gone through a couple of lines through the current one, cable 13/1.5 MB/s. Thank friggin god I live in a country with no agression towards internet..no limits, cheap lines, no piracy scaring :p

I actually don't know how 56k looks in action. All I know is, that it's slow and makes funny noises. :lol:

I'm on tethered 3G GSM now and then - i think mobile not-so-broadband is the new 56k - mabye we should change the tag to "No mobile" :p

Home connection:

EDIT: Will add the awsomeness that is a DFN link when i'm back at work...

Last edited:
DFN FTW?

Might be faster if I wasn't on X...

...this is home:

Last edited:
Normal speeds-

Current speeds-

I hate our stupid internet. Just want to whinge about it more :lol:

I have had high speed for several years now, but I know plenty of peeps out in the country that are still stuck with 56kbs.

I still appreciate the tags if I'm checking FG while still connected to the work network

Tags are good, particularly when I have only 6GB/month on broadband, and the rest is on dialup. I have unlimited volume/time on dialup, based, I'm sure, on the fact that it's so frigging slow!

my nets:

- till 2000 no internet at all.
- to 2002 56k modem for very limited times per monht (like 1hour max).
- 2002/3 onwards 256k homePNA (shared adsl line in apartment complex).
- 2003 onwards 256/256 adsl, as the homePNA was broken every week.
- 2003 ish ISP upgraded it to 512/512 while the cost was the same.
- 2004 ish ISP upgraded it to 1M/512 while the cost was the same.
- 2004 Q4 ish 2005 ish ISP upgraded it to 2M/512 while the cost was the same.
- 2005 i convinced father to upgrade to 8/1 :)
- 2009 christmas changed to 24/1 (that is 8/1 speeds) that is now :)

not too shabby