Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

Origin doesn't know the difference between B and b.

That's fuckin' retarded. That's 10gb larger than my entire BF4 install.

gamespot said:
"When you download the game or the disc itself, it's a lot smaller than that," said Baker. Downloading the game on Xbox One clocks in at around 17GB, whereas reports say the PC download on Origin weighs about 20GB.

So.. the compressed download is 20gb? And actual install footprint is 50gb?

So why did it say it was downloading 50gb for you...?

Last edited:
Its downloading and installing the game, and it shows the installed footprint as a when its done.

Pay for 50/10 comcast, $40/mo for 6 mo, just kicked up to $60/mo. Called and bitched and they told me to fuck off. Only other option is AT&T U-Verse, but their website is so broken I can't even figure out what plans are available.

Annoying, but overall it's been stable and fast. When pulling down torrents I get right at 55Mb/s (6.8MB/s). Also, their bandwith limits are "suspended" in Chicago. Been burning through ~1tb/mo with no issues.

Only big annoyance has been two multiple-hour outages during my normal business hours (8am-6pm).

Sometimes you can get RCN, it depends on the building though. When I lived in Lakeview I had RCN and I enjoyed it quite nicely. Then when I moved to Ukrainian Village/Wicker Park, I was stuck with Cramcast. Now I'm in Santa Cruz stuck with Cramcast again. I could switch to a local provider, but I'm just far enough from the CO that the speeds would be similar to what I get now with Cramcast, plus it's a tad more expensive. The flip side though, no throttling.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 922554 kbps (115319.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 106869 kbps (13358.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 4 ms
Jitter: 0 ms
7/3/2014, 3:54:15 PM

I'm at work atm, so. ...

See below - fastest that Virgin Media offer - 150 Mgbits.

Cobol74 - "Oooo get you. ..."

Last edited:
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah.

3564759087.png

Seriously, I don't even know what I'd do if I downloaded at 10Mb/s+. What do you do with all those speeds?! :lol:

3601962711.png

The average speed for your area is 8Mbps.

You can expect speeds to vary between 5.5Mbps and 10Mbps.

The fastest normal broadband they do is up to 20 and the fibre is only just starting.

3604825240.png

Not terrible for VDSL. I do, however, still test sites and speeds for my mobile users with my phone - LTE and 3G off, EDGE only - close to 56K-ish speeds, anyway.

Last edited:
Do any of you guys have to deal with bandwidth caps? Its pretty absurd here.

This is the connection most of the people have here.

Advertised as 8Mbps up with 25GB limit and 10GB extra for off peak. Priced at ~12USD. ADSL. That ping ffs :glare: This is the highest "Family" connection they provide.

They provide same connection with a 60GB limit and 25GB extra off peak for ~38USD aimed at "SME Business".

This is a somewhat newer connection offered by a mobile service provider. A "fixed" 4G LTE connection. You get a router which you can put a sim in.

Its advertised as 4Mbps with a 25gb limit at ~11USD. This same connection is available at a 60gb limit for ~30USD.

Its bandwidth vs speed. I wish that the second connection was unlimited *sigh*

Advertised as 8Mbps up with 25GB limit and 10GB extra for off peak. Priced at ~12USD. ADSL. That ping ffs :glare: This is the highest "Family" connection they provide.

They provide same connection with a 60GB limit and 25GB extra off peak for ~38USD aimed at "SME Business".

This is a somewhat newer connection offered by a mobile service provider. A "fixed" 4G LTE connection. You get a router which you can put a sim in.

Its advertised as 4Mbps with a 25gb limit at ~11USD. This same connection is available at a 60gb limit for ~30USD.

Bandwidth caps exist here on many services but are far higher.

My previous employer (green and white hued DSL/Fiber provider) doesn't have a cap per say...but if you exceed a certain amount of bandwidth they'll suggest you get a business account.

Comcast used to have a cap of 250 GB. In most areas it is gone. Some areas are trying out 300 GB data caps. Some others are trialing "flexible data" plans which supposedly allows you to pay less if you use less data.

AT&T has data caps of 250 GB for its U-Verse DSL/Fiber service and 150 GB for standard DSL.

Time Warner and Verizon don't currently have caps. There's other smaller providers that have and don't have caps too.

A list: http://gigaom.com/2013/11/15/data-cap-2013/

Bloody hell man - move.

Bandwidth caps exist here on many services but are far higher.

My previous employer (green and white hued DSL/Fiber provider) doesn't have a cap per say...but if you exceed a certain amount of bandwidth they'll suggest you get a business account.

Comcast used to have a cap of 250 GB. In most areas it is gone. Some areas are trying out 300 GB data caps. Some others are trialing "flexible data" plans which supposedly allows you to pay less if you use less data.

AT&T has data caps of 250 GB for its U-Verse DSL/Fiber service and 150 GB for standard DSL.

Time Warner and Verizon don't currently have caps. There's other smaller providers that have and don't have caps too.

A list: http://gigaom.com/2013/11/15/data-cap-2013/

Wow. I hope our ISPs catch on....

We have some Business packages as well with limits of 300gb but they cost ~152USD.

Bloody hell man - move.

Yeah hopefully in due time.