Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
3610359524.png

Virgin Media's 60Mb package. Can't complain about the down speed, up speed is still rubbish but the best so far.

Quiky

Beep Boop I'm a Robot
STAFF MEMBER
AT&T LTE:

And comcast at home on a "good" day:

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
For once, my laptop Intel AC 7260 card doesn't act up, and I get my full speed...

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
I have the fastest possible connection I can get: 100/5 over EuroDOCSIS 3.0. In theory it's possible to go way higher. Wikipedia tells me 200/120 is possible.

I guess us cable subscribers get shafted on the upload because my ISP is working to replace their aging copper and cable with fiber. Their fastest consumer tier for FTTH is 100/10. Why they can't sell 100/100 or higher is beyond me... it's ridiculous. But it's the best you can get in this area. And obviously they want to steer people towards FTTH instead of docsis.

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
A portable Huawei LTE hotspot from Sonera, showing 4 out of 5 bars "4G". I don't think there's any HSDPA+DC in my area so it's probably proper LTE.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
VZ FiOS just went full synchronous with their connection
View attachment 13665
Nice! I'm waiting until it happens automatically though. BBR forums say one can get it now through some hoop jumping (signing up for Verizon's rewards program which actually sounds kinda cool) but we've been out of contract for a while now. That and we're on the 15 Mbps plan so its not like we're super impressive uber power users or anything lol.

Woah, what plan are you under? That upload is unreal! Here's mine...
Verizon Fios - Long Island
You may want to check My Verizon to see if its available to you yet.

Last edited:

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
Woah, what plan are you under? That upload is unreal! Here's mine...
Verizon Fios - Long Island
- - - Updated - - -

Nice! I'm waiting until it happens automatically though. BBR forums say one can get it now through some hoop jumping (signing up for Verizon's rewards program which actually sounds kinda cool) but we've been out of contract for a while now. That and we're on the 15 Mbps plan so its not like we're super impressive uber power users or anything lol.
Basically what Rick is saying, VZ is increasing uploads to be in sync with download. They have this thing that if you go to their site and then go to your plan page it will say "sign up for rewards and receive speed increase" all you really do is just put in your birthday and you get an instant bump. Otherwise they will bump ya in the fall.

AMDX1325

Car(s)
VW Jetta MKV, Suzuki Aerio GS, MB 560SEL
- - - Updated - - -

Basically what Rick is saying, VZ is increasing uploads to be in sync with download. They have this thing that if you go to their site and then go to your plan page it will say "sign up for rewards and receive speed increase" all you really do is just put in your birthday and you get an instant bump. Otherwise they will bump ya in the fall.
Thanks for the tips! I did it and now waiting to see if it improved my upload...

TBR600

Car(s)
2003 Ford Mustang Cobra, 2010 Mazda3

I could get 1GB for $10 more a month, but I figured I wouldn't really utilize it.

Last edited:

Mitchi

Sierras für alle!
DONOR
Car(s)
'89 C4
Yes, and no network expansion planned for the future. It's the fastest that's technical possible here. <_<

I'm a little bit envious about pretty much everyone here.:( But slower than 80% is really something bad, considering I'm living within the city, not in a small village...