Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

Dial... up...? What is Dial Up?

808271227.png

*whistles*

Cox Communications, it suits you perfectly. :lol:

I've been on 20Mbps for a couple of years, 10 before that, 1 before that, 256k and 56k was a long time ago. I think 2003 was the time I waved it fairwell. At work so can't do a speed test at the moment.

Last edited:
EDIT: Will add the awsomeness that is a DFN link when i'm back at work...

DFN, pt. one: Public computer at the library, i'm quite sure the download rate is capped.

Definately some cap in uni!

It's scary that soon there will be a generation that don't recognise this noise.

Wow what's up with my ping?

You get a bump up when you get digital voice. Couple that with my new computer and I'm crusing fine. I think I left 56k behind in the mid-90's when DSL first came to town. I switched to Cable when DSL turned slow and crappy and haven't looked back. Beats the early days of 300 baud and a C64!

It's scary that soon there will be a generation that don't recognise this noise.

That would make an awesome ringtone! (It's a shame that half the people who hear it will have no clue what it is)

That would make an awesome ringtone! (It's a shame that half the people who hear it will have no clue what it is)

i thought the same, and did it!
dl mp3 from here

i basicly dl'd the vid from yt, then used that site's service to convert it to mp3.

works on my nokia 5800 XM!

Last time I used a 56k dialup modem was way back in 2002.

Didn't take long for "Does anyone still have modem?" to turn in to "Show us your Internet speed".

i thought the same, and did it!
dl mp3 from here

i basicly dl'd the vid from yt, then used that site's service to convert it to mp3.

works on my nokia 5800 XM!

Thanks, repped!

Sadly, my dsl connection at home is slower than my HSPA connection on my cell phone :(

My best result on HSPA:
3594786.png

My best result on wifi using my DSL connection:
2863194.png

I hope I don't get pummeled for this, but our family has NEVER had 56k. We've had cable internet from the get-go.

Gonna paste in the internet speeds at work and then will edit in the one from home.

Edit: Ok I creamed myself when I saw this result.

I hope I don't get pummeled for this, but our family has NEVER had 56k. We've had cable internet from the get-go.

Gonna paste in the internet speeds at work and then will edit in the one from home.

Edit: Ok I creamed myself when I saw this result.

*Insert Mother of God meme here, because I can't be bothered to find one*

Reactions: LP