Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

64524097.png

T-Mobile :cool:

Last edited:
126599295.png

AT&T in DC.

I was just in DC this weekend and my Sprint signal was pretty terrible. Two bars was the norm, which means about 1 Mb/s for me... a bit surprising because I get great signal around smaller cities around here.

1370819326.png

Good thing I don't need to upload much...

New Connection with better down speed and still crappy upload

1372347766.png

I was just in DC this weekend and my Sprint signal was pretty terrible. Two bars was the norm, which means about 1 Mb/s for me... a bit surprising because I get great signal around smaller cities around here.
I have a Sprint/Nextel as a work phone, and on a good day you are lucky to get your calls to connect. On a normal day, no direct connect or inbound calls.

I have a Sprint/Nextel as a work phone, and on a good day you are lucky to get your calls to connect. On a normal day, no direct connect or inbound calls.
If you have a Nextel PTT phone, you don't use Sprint's network. Nextel branded phones still use iDEN while Sprint uses CDMA. Not saying Sprint's coverage doesn't suck in DC Metro area anyway, but Nextel's is likely much worse.

Last edited:

Time Warner Cable in Maine. Actually way better speeds than promised at this price tier.

You better be seeding those TG eps to 1:1 ratio at least ?_?

I try to avoid torrenting, but sometimes it's just impossible to seed to a good ratio with this kind of connection. When there are more seeds than peers, and all the seeds have better upload than me, I could be there forever.

1373792235.png

and
65725841.png

Pretty good showing from Sprint, really.

Last edited:
If you have a Nextel PTT phone, you don't use Sprint's network. Nextel branded phones still use iDEN while Sprint uses CDMA. Not saying Sprint's coverage doesn't suck in DC Metro area anyway, but Nextel's is likely much worse.
It is a Sprint CDMA+PCS with PTT/DC. Sucks either way.

I try to avoid torrenting, but sometimes it's just impossible to seed to a good ratio with this kind of connection. When there are more seeds than peers, and all the seeds have better upload than me, I could be there forever.

For the latest ep I was uploading faster than I was downloading (damned caps :X)

And the rest of the time I hit 1.25 ratio without even trying in 2 days...