Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

Here's my current result in my temporary apartment in Beijing:

Could be worse, at least it's enough to go on FaceBook and watch some YouTube videos!....... Oh wait... :-D

Here's my current result in my temporary apartment in Beijing:

Could be worse, at least it's enough to go on FaceBook and watch some YouTube videos!....... Oh wait... :-D

Oh yeah that reminds me. One of my friends were in China for a while and she said that this worked for her. Try it out if you haven't found a solution. :)

Nice! Thanks for that! I was using a VPN that I have setup back in Canada, but it's epically slow :-D

Edit: Aaaand, it's gone already...

Weird, it's working again but only for a few moments! It started to load the page, stopped halfway through and then won't load anything again.

Probably :-D

Oh well, I'll keep using my slow ass VPN while I look for another more permanent solution :)

I've already moved to my new apartment and all I can say is - Comcast WTF???

In the morning I get around 15mbps. Now at 9pm I'm down to this:

1439711723.png

At the uni apartment, I guess you get what you pay for:

Price was 25?. Not 25?/month, just 25?.

I pay for 12/1 Comcast Business Class.

1451471738.png

I finally have Internet in my place!

Not the fastest connection in the world but it works well enough! I can also get faster speeds if I'm willing to pay more. I guess I'll see, right now I can watch Youtube videos without having to wait for buffering so that's fine. Plus it's a country where you can get Bluray discs for $2 :-D

I've already moved to my new apartment and all I can say is - Comcast WTF???

In the morning I get around 15mbps. Now at 9pm I'm down to this:

1439711723.png

Welcome to the joy's of cable internet. I can literally feel things slow down around 3 or 4pm as the kids get home from school in my neighborhood.

Here's mine:

1485171192.png

I know for a fact that my cheapskate uncle isn't paying for 20 mbps internet, it's pretty much the bottom tier package. I wonder if Comcast is somehow inflating their actual scores via that "PowerBoost" thing where they temporarily speed up your downloads for like the first XX mb of it.

Just got a free upgrade, same speeds but 500GB of bandwith/month :D

I downgraded my 100/100 student apartment Ethernet to this:

It's supposed to be 100/5 cable. And that is a really good result, earlier today it barely got over 50Mbps. But at least I don't have to deal with daily quotas anymore.

Last edited:
Best result I've had thus far. Not sure what it is to be honest, but I'm paying for 18/1. Nothing in my area offers any decent uploads.

1507548902.png