Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

664675253.png

On the AT&T LTE on my new iPhone 5s. It is SO MUCH FASTER than their 3G.

PS Bretton Woods, it's cheating if the server is on the same LAN as you :p

Last edited:
FIOS at my parents house:

3085729040.png

...color me jealous. :|

Woo I got new internet!

3086524828.png

and I'm paying way less! I am so glad to be rid of Comcast. Now I only pay $60/mo for 100mbps compared to Comcast's $89/mo for 22mbps.

3086812042.png

I'm a bit disappointed at my speeds, it's usually a lot faster. One good thing about moving to Korea, cheap internet and fast speeds. It's actually depressing, when I consider that back in Utah the best internet I could buy was 128k. Now I only spend 15000 krw (12-15 USD). I could upgrade, though I can't find a reason not much I could do with 200mbps internet. On a good day I can download a 20gb game from Steam in about twenty minutes.

The US should spend some money upgrading its infrastructure instead of on silly wars.

Should also be noted that our cell phones get similar speeds. We even get free wifi at tourist traps, even at a remote Buddhist temple, and public transportation. It'll be sad to move back to the US.

Last edited:
This is what you get in Romania for ~15E/month(including rent for TP-Link WDR3600 router):
Speedtest recomended server:
3115440693.png

Two other random servers:
3115436332.png

3115433506.png

in my younger uni days before I worked full time, I would use a heap more usage (relative) but I simply don't have time to actually use more than a couple of gb a day

east coast for the lulz

I just moved back to San Francisco, and not only was moving my Comcast really easy (required plugging my modem in at the new place and about 5 minutes on the phone with them), but the speeds are still more than double what I pay for:

3219237699.png

Some dudes from the ISP came and changed something and after that it didn't work but they came back and now it does.

Last edited: