Does anyone still have 56k on here? [Speed Test Thread]

Upgraded my connection so time to brag :D

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/speedtest.xfinity.com\/results\/JBUV2QHRLEKPJFY"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
​​[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/UsMpjf9.gif"}[/IMG2]

Seriously that's insane!

Last edited:
Man still no rep :( to give you

Yeah the new FiOS plan, it's not strictly Gb as it *only* up to 940 lol

Have been consistently hitting 170-175 Mbps at home over the last week or so. Not bad considering the last package I purchased was for 100 Mbps.

What ISP do you have? I am considering changing mine(Spectrum).

Spectrum is literally the worst. If you can get FiOS do it.
It goes (from worst)
Spectrum, Comcast, RCA, Time Warner, Optimum/Altice/Cablevision, FiOS, Google Fiber. (I'm ignoring DSL)

What ISP do you have? I am considering changing mine(Spectrum).
Comcast/Xfinity. Literally my only option.

But I have no complaints. I've had maybe 3-4 outages in the 3 years I've been at this apartment, only one of which lasted more than 2 hours. Only costs me $45/mo too, so pretty good value for money. And access to Xfinity hot spots was nice before I got unlimited data on my phone.

Spectrum is literally the worst. If you can get FiOS do it.
It goes (from worst)
Spectrum, Comcast, RCA, Time Warner, Optimum/Altice/Cablevision, FiOS, Google Fiber. (I'm ignoring DSL)

I don't think you can made a definitive list like that. Ontop of all the variables, name a place that can get every single one of those services to do a direct comparison.

Also, You list Spectrum as worst and Time Warner as 4th worst. Hate to break it to you, but that's the same service.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_(cable_service) said:
The brand was first introduced in 2014; prior to that, these services were marketed primarily under the Charter name. Following the acquisitions of Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks by Charter, these operations also assumed the Spectrum brand.

Last edited:
Comcast/Xfinity. Literally my only option.
That sux.

I don't think you can made a definitive list like that. Ontop of all the variables, name a place that can get every single one of those services to do a direct comparison.
You can make a comparison as far as speeds, stability and throttling goes. There is also interoperability, example everyone I know on TW in different areas always complain about my Plex being slow. Doing a file transfer test shows insanely slow speeds, while Optimum folks don't have the same issue.
Also, You list Spectrum as worst and Time Warner as 4th worst. Hate to break it to you, but that's the same service.
TW was bought by them sure, but the network wasn't really changed.

Who isn't evil these days?

I haven't checked lately, but I may be stuck with Spectrum. I had only two real choices, the other being AT&T. I switched from them about 6 years ago because they had become unreliable. That is also where I am now with Spectrum., but they still have faster speeds when it does work properly.

Comcast is available within a mile of me in one direction, and Verizon is about 2 miles in the other... The cable company area monopolies suck and it needs to change.

I haven't checked lately, but I may be stuck with Spectrum. I had only two real choices, the other being AT&T. I switched from them about 6 years ago because they had become unreliable. That is also where I am now with Spectrum., but they still have faster speeds when it does work properly.

Comcast is available within a mile of me in one direction, and Verizon is about 2 miles in the other... The cable company area monopolies suck and it needs to change.
2 miles is close enough to run your own fiber line :p

I am pretty sure the neighbors would have a problem with me digging a trench through their yards...

I am pretty sure the neighbors would have a problem with me digging a trench through their yards...

Sounds like thats their problem, not yours.

i have finally gotten in the start of the 2010's!!!

8186302262.png

About a month ago I had my interwebz bumped up from an allegedly 6mb (would sometimes get downloads of 20mb weirdly) to 12mb.

8214414570.png

New dedicated fibre line to the office...

New dedicated fibre line to the office...

So what you're saying is, you can download the whole internet in an afternoon?