Does F1 need a woman in one of the cars?

I think woman wont make F1 again because the physical demands are too high now. That said, Danica Patrick would be nice in F1, but I dont see that happening either.

So what if its a male dominated sport anyway.

I tend to agree... but then I remember that there's female pilots. :|
So I don't know if it is true that a womans body couldn't live with the physical demands. But it doesn't bother me that it is a male dominated sport. ALL motorsport is. I allso don't think F1 needs a female driver.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy every season I can before the feminists ruin this too.

I've had no overwhelming desire to see a female in an F1 cockpit, so no we don't need female drivers in F1.

However, if a talented female driver comes along and can go toe to toe with the blokes, then bring it on!

Jenson Button said it best.

"One week of the month you wouldn't want to be on the circuit with them, would you?
"A girl with big boobs would never be comfortable in the car," he continued. "And the mechanics wouldn't concentrate.
"Can you imagine strapping her in?"

- source

I would think a woman would have a slight advantage as they tend to weigh less than us men do. We all know how important weight savings are to these cars.

Bringing in a woman simply for publicity - no, F1 doesn't need that.
Bringing in a woman who can genuinely compete - absolutely! :thumbup:

I would think a woman would have a slight advantage as they tend to weigh less than us men do. We all know how important weight savings are to these cars.

Maybe in terms of giving engineers more freedom to play with the ballast and the weight distribution. But as for having a weight advantage... sorry, but the minimum dry weight is 605kg INCLUDING the driver. This rule has been in place since 1995. Before that, the car had to weigh a certain amount of kilos without the driver inside, and that gave an advantage to minuscule drivers, like Ukyo Kamikaze over Mark Cockney Blundell Twat.

You got your umbrella girls, your paddock girls, your Hawaiian Tropic girls, and your Pirelli girls. If that isn't enough, I don't know what is. Look at the IRL, Sarah Fisher is a slut, slash she-bitch, while Danica is grossly overrated and every three-tooth redneck east of the Mississippi thinks she's hotter than a coondog on the fourth of July.

BUT!

If you really need a girl in F1 we always have her. . .
alonso3-lg.jpg

^ You call Alonso a female, you forget this lovely lady.

story.trulli.ponytail.afp.g.jpg

BBC News said:
First female victor in Formula 1

20-year-old Gina Maria Schumacher has become the first woman to win a round of the Formula 1 world championship, in her debut race. The daughter of seven-times World Champion Michael Schumacher said of her victory in the press conference: "You could see it was all in the genes, ja?"

Amongst those said to be delighted was 94-year-old former commentator Murray Walker. Despite being confined to a wheelchair since accidentally setting his trousers on fire as Jenson Button beat Lewis Hamilton on the last lap of the 2011 World Championship (and who would have seen that coming four years before?), Walker picked up a cheque for ?10,000,000 after placing a ?100 bet in 2009 that a woman would win a Formula One race in his lifetime, at odds of 100,000/1. Ladbrokes were unavailable for comment.

I'm off down the bookies. Back in a mo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News, 11 March 2018

20-year-old Gina Maria Schumacher has become the first woman to win a round of the Formula 1 world championship, in her debut race. The daughter of seven-times World Champion Michael Schumacher said of her victory in the press conference: "You could see it was all in the genes, ja?"

Amongst those said to be delighted was 94-year-old former commentator Murray Walker. Despite being confined to a wheelchair since accidentally setting his trousers on fire as Jenson Button beat Lewis Hamilton on the last lap of the 2011 World Championship (and who would have seen that coming four years before?), Walker picked up a cheque for ?10,000,000 after placing a ?100 bet in 2009 that a woman would win a Formula One race in his lifetime, at odds of 100,000/1. Ladbrokes were unavailable for comment.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Ironlord has earned himself millions of rep points with this thing:D

Originally Posted by BBC News said:

:lol::lol::lol:

That's awesome.

+rep for u

And you can be assured of more of these when the opportunity presents itself. I wrote one for a friend of mine when his 18-month-old daughter made a face that looked like that photo of Einstein sticking his tongue out, about her winning the 2073 Nobel Prize in physics...

Meh, Gravel Traps still better :p

I think woman wont make F1 again because the physical demands are too high now. That said, Danica Patrick would be nice in F1, but I dont see that happening either.

So what if its a male dominated sport anyway.

There's a reason they're starting to use more and more female pilots in the air force. Women are generally better at handling g-forces and multitasking, which would obviously both come in handy in formula1.
If a woman came along with enough talent, then i'm all for it. But not just because it's a woman.. If there's a man who's better suited for the job, then he should have it.

If you put a woman in the car, wouldn't that just distract the drivers?

and hurt the pit crew more than all japanese drivers in history. It would be carnage I tell ya. I mean we all know women & parking right?