Does Top Gear need one more presenter?

Viper007Bond said:
I think it's perfect how it is. I think more would be a crowd and loose the "guys talkin at the pub about what they think of the car" feel and less would be too few.

That's a very good description of TG imo :)

watto said:
fbc said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
One thing Top Gear could benefit from is an occasional "guest host". It would be interesting to get Rowan Atkinson to test his favorite car for example.

Great idea :thumbsup:

I agree. The section they did with what'shisname with the 575 and Aston was great. Getting someone like Jay Kay or Atkinson to come on and do one of them would be fantastic to watch.

Jay Kay "reviewed" his own Miura in episode 03x04

Re: Does Top Gear need one more presenter?

Kebab gud said:
Does Top Gear need one more presenter?
I do belive so.. 3 presenter to fill one hour is just too little

I think, three is pushing it now. Poor old James seems to hardly get a look in as it is.

watto said:
fbc said:
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Leave it as is - it's perfect.

x2

fbc said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
One thing Top Gear could benefit from is an occasional "guest host". It would be interesting to get Rowan Atkinson to test his favorite car for example.

Great idea :thumbsup:

I agree. The section they did with what'shisname with the 575 and Aston was great. Getting someone like Jay Kay or Atkinson to come on and do one of them would be fantastic to watch.

I believe that person was Damon Hill.

they brought in Steve Coogan for the 575 Sport Chrono Package vs. Vanquish S comparo

and Damon Hill for the 550 vs. Vanquish comparo (season 2)

No!

It's perfect as is. JC and RH's ongoing "rivalry" NEEDS JM for balance, even if he doesn't have too much to do on occasion. sometimes I wish they'd get a decent female presenter in (one that would be accepted and treated as "one of the guys" ) , but then just thinking about that makes me so unbelievably JEALOUS it's not even funny. That's also why I don't like the idea of Sabine as a host. I do like UKD's idea though. That would give some variation without jeopardizing the unique chemistry the guys have going on.

yeah, to parade around in bikini and to show pics of the cars they're talking about

:mrgreen:

bone said:
yeah, to parade around in bikini and to show pics of the cars they're talking about

:mrgreen:
no, please do not turn the Top Gear show into a Playboy/Hooters show, the explanation video for the Porsche 911 range was enough.

I want to see the stig do car review, should be intresting :roll:

Stigs review: "................................................................................................................"

Yeah it would be fun to have an occasional guest host discussing their fav. car. Or they could just strap some granny or Harry Enfield in a Murcielago and watch as the hilarity ensues (I expect this wouldn't be a popular item with the insurance company ;) )
But seriously, I think those 3 work perfectly together and I also think James is perfect in his underdog role. If they do luxury cars a bit more perhaps they could come up with some bizarre ways of having James rate the cars in various luxury tests.. just an idea.

Tom Ford writes for TG mag as an assistant editor. I could see him adding to the show content. But full on presenter? Probably.

-Prince

Inviting a guest to do car testing is great but not presenting the whole TG.
I reckon the presenters are balance, but JC of cause always records the longest, and James are always part of surveys and etc driving songs and registration rip off and RH presents fine.

btw, i;ve been told that Sabine be assisting host for JC in this coming series? true?

^ And you bump a 1,5 year thread to say that :blink:

Not only is the dynamism among the current three perfect, but even as it is certain episodes leave you feeling like one presenter didn't get enough airtime.

So, no.

What is up with all these posts? "What presenter would you axe?" "Do we need another presenter?"

NO! For the last time, leave the show alone, it's as perfect as it can possibly be! Now go back to the cellar and chain yourself to the radiator.

What is up with all these posts? "What presenter would you axe?" "Do we need another presenter?"

NO! For the last time, leave the show alone, it's as perfect as it can possibly be! Now go back to the cellar and chain yourself to the radiator.

X2

Just noticed this is yet another pointless bump... maybe it's time we made a sticky about it or something? There's been like a ten fold hike in inappropriate bumps.