Does Top Gear need one more presenter?

No way, it is perfectly fine the way it is with Clarkson, Hammond and May. Adding another presenter could prove disasterous. ;)
:jc: :richard: :may: :banana: << Is that what you want? Is it?! :p

No way, it works perfectly with those three.

^ And you bump a 1,5 year thread to say that :blink:

I'm sorry, I just didn't see any more recent posts by BigJ and so I used this post...it would have been silly to start an entire thread just about BigJ's avatar!!

Does anybody know where this avatar comes from anyway?

Again, apologies for digging up an oldddd post for an unrelated reason....either way it seems to be an appropriate post to bring up now as people are still apparently very opinionated about the subject and it's interesting how over 2 years opinions about the presenters have changed or not changed...I think the format as it is now with 3 is perfect and I wouldn't change it.

There is that old saying "Two's company, three's a crowd", and they have three working quite well but four would definitely become a crowd in my opinion. Also, Top Gear Dog is the fourth presenter now!! (not counting the Stig) so people who wanted their fourth "presenter" got it!! :mrgreen:

no, they are PERFECT as they are. people will think that they are copying FG then. What would they do with a new presenter?? it would be a disaster.

Copying FG? C'mon. FG didn't invent the idea of having a show with four presenters.

To answer the question at the top of the thread - what a bloody stupid question!
Oh, I have just noticed that TG got TG Dog at about the same time as FG got TL et al, or is that just a co-incidence?

I could imagine Tom Ford on the crew, but not together with James. They're just to much like each other...

errr no their not, don't ever compare those two again, i like them both,

although i do agree they wouldn't mix, just not for your reasons

I don't think it needs another presenter, but then again, I probably wouldn't have thought it needed another presenter when James May was introduced, and now I doubt any of us here would go without him.

So, I guess I'd be open minded if they were to introduce a new presenter, but I think - for the moment, at least! - the show is doing just fine as it is.

rubbish,rubbish,rubbish,rubbish,rubbish,rubbish,rubbish,rubbish .... How long do u want me to continue saying "rubbish" ? ;)

as said before, they are perfect as a trio, i wouldnt change anything

Could do with a reviewer who can drive like Tiff or Jason. Matt Neal or Mark Higgins anyone?:)

They have one. Some say he sleeps upside down and that he eats nothing but Nutella...

"No hammond you can't possibly jump over the shark!"

errr no their not, don't ever compare those two again, i like them both,

although i do agree they wouldn't mix, just not for your reasons
When I first saw my own post, believing that this was a brand new thread, it took me a couple of seriously confused seconds to remember that I actually said that. Then I took me another couple of slightly less confused seconds to remember who Tom Ford was. And I'm still not really sure why I compared them :p

... does Top Gear need experiments?

... does Top Gear need experiments?

I don?t think Top Gear needs another presenter. I think the show is just fine, if they could just get back to reviewing Cars and cut back a little on the (good but overdone) fooling around.

I mean, how long would the News be if there were 4 People commenting on everthing?

I agree it's PERFECT! as it is!! NEVER mess with perfection!! u will never get it back! Hammond, Clarkson and May rule!!