Dogbert's '10 Child's Play Birthday Fundraiser

Dogbert

Helsinki Smash Rod
Car(s)
Roger Dean's Rocks
So ever since my 21st birthday, I've been having donation drives for Child's Play. And this year (the fourth year) is no exception. I've raised over $1,000 so far from the entire thing, and I'm hoping this year to raise another $300.

I'm doing this through the Causes app on Facebook. I don't believe you need to have a Facebook account or the Causes app added (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but you definitely don't need to be friends with me or anyone on this site to do so, if you want to maintain a modicum or privacy. If you want to be friends with me (and find a bunch of other FGers), though, feel free to add me. The link to donate is here. Any amount is appreciated!

If you don't know about Child's Play, here's their info from their site:
Child's Play said:
Here?s the deal.

Since 2003, we?ve set up and organized Child?s Play, a game industry charity dedicated to improving the lives of children with toys and games in our network of over 60 hospitals worldwide. In five short years, you as a community have answered the call and come together to raise millions of dollars.

That was awesome. You guys have proven over and over again that you are an overwhelming force, and you really came through and made a real difference to the millions of kids that children?s hospitals care for each year. So we?re doing it again this year, only this time we?ve expanded Child?s Play to more hospitals around US and the globe so you can send toys to a hospital a little closer to home.

Child?s Play works the same as last year. With the help of hospital staff, we?ve set up gift wish lists full of video games, toys, and movies. You can go to each hospital?s list and buy a toy, and that toy will be sent to the hospital. Some of these kids are in pretty bad shape. Imagine being stuck alone in a hospital over the holidays, getting something from a fellow gamer would really raise their spirits. Some of the stuff the hospital will give away for kids to keep, while other gifts (like consoles) will be kept by the hospital for patients to use throughout the year.

We are arguably the largest community of gamers on the internet. The important word there being community. We are not a faceless corporation and you are not just a number tracked by a database and then relayed to hungry advertisers. You guys have proven yourselves to be a powerful force when stirred into action. Here is your opportunity to use that power to do some real good.

Last edited:
$15? Pfft. You got mine. And only $300? Come on guys and gals of FG, there's enough of us here, let's see if we can make it a cool grand!

$15? Pfft. You got mine. And only $300? Come on guys and gals of FG, there's enough of us here, let's see if we can make it a cool grand!

You're right, a grand's not that hard. $50 sent your way.

(well not yours, Dogbert's)

That's the spirit. Should hit the original $300 before Dogbert gets up today! :lol:

Done as well. Only $15 sorry as I am not able to afford much more at the moment. Hope others do help you to exceed that target though :)

(perhaps also put a link to this thread in your sig?)

That's the spirit. Should hit the original $300 before Dogbert gets up today! :lol:
:lol: WOW. I didn't even really expect $30 when I woke up this morning. Everyone usually waits until other people start donating, so there won't be any activity at all for a week or so after I start.

This is why I love this forum. When I hit $300, it'll surely be because of you guys.

group-hug1.jpg

Last edited:
:lol: WOW. I didn't even really expect $30 when I woke up this morning. Everyone usually waits until other people start donating, so there won't be any activity at all for a week or so after I start.

This is why I love this forum. When I hit $1000, it'll surely be because of you guys.

Deleted picture of nearly nekkid men

FTFY! :p

So a little late on the two-weeks-left update, but I'm up to $260 of the $300 goal. If anyone even has $5 to donate, and a couple minutes of time, it would be very awesome if you could donate!

So a little late on the two-weeks-left update, but I'm up to $260 of the $300 goal. If anyone even has $5 to donate, and a couple minutes of time, it would be very awesome if you could donate!

Quite surprised with the massed ranks of FG you haven't smashed your target already. :(

I made a sig gif from a Child's Play template to help get the word out more, if any of you generous people would care to adopt it into your sigs and link it back to this post (or just copy/paste this post) for the next two weeks.

Last edited:
I just got turned down from three minimum-wage jobs and I still donated $10. C'mon, people! :p

Just a couple days left, and we hit the target and then some! Huge thanks to everyone who donated!

yay!!!

:dance: