Donations for my cousin...

JScullin

Car(s)
'00 Mercury Cougar, '13 Ford Fusion 2.0l Ecoboost
This past Sunday my cousin was in a serious accident. He hit some black ice while driving home and went into a telephone pole hard enough to split it.

He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition with a shattered liver (a 6 on the scale of 1-5 doctors said), broken ankle and many cuts. While in his second surgery to repair the liver his kidney's failed on him and he was literally down to minutes before the doctors stabilized him only to then have a lung collapse. He pulled through briefly only to have an infection hit him and fluid filled his other lung thus causing both to collapse. On top of this his pancreas has started leaking.

For a normal person to survive the damage he's suffered is in the 1%. On top of him being a hemophiliac it's practically a death sentence. The operations to continue opening him up require a significant amount of a medicine called Factor which helps him clot. When he was brought into the hospital they practically exhausted their supply just to stop his bleeding. So for him to have gotten this far he has already beaten the odds, but he is still in critical condition.

Right now he currently has no health insurance so the medical bill for the treatment he has received, and the weeks of recovery ahead of him is going to be astronomical. So I'm posting this on several websites (NECO, CEG, NoNewbs, FinalGear) asking friends to donate anything they can. I know it's financially tight for everyone, but this is one of those things where if many people donated just a little it can add up big.

I appreciate anything you guys can do. Truly. :)
- John

Send donations to:

Rob Boulay Fund

*On the back of the check, where your signature would normally go, write "for deposit only"
*If you will be mailing anything for deposit into the account, Please address the envelope to:

Stoneham Bank
80 Montvale Ave
Stoneham Ma 02180
attn: Christine Frykberg

If you want to do more or want to get in touch w/those in charge of the donations please PM me for their contact info or through the Facebook group.

If you want to add something in the memo like saying it was from here that'd be awesome just to see the support. Thanks everyone.

I cross posted this to a few more forums for you, good luck to your cousin and I hope this helps him!

So why again is Obama the bad guy because he wants public health insurance???

I know.. that comment doesn't help you at all... but I just can't believe that you can have such a problem... it's really out of my imagination... :? :? :(

PS: I'm really sorry for what happened :mad:

Last edited:
So why again is Obama the bad guy because he wants public health insurance???

I know.. that comment doesn't help you at all... but I just can't believe that you can have such a problem... it's really out of my imagination... :? :? :(

PS: I'm really sorry for what happened :mad:

Technically we already have it in massachusetts where this occurred, so it's obviously not going well.

I read just that in the paper he was your cousin and I was wondering if that was why you hadn't been around so much lately :(

I know this may sound harsh and cruel, thought with all the suffering your cousing has been through and all the major organs failling, wouldn't it be better for him and those who love him to let him go while there's some dignity, instead of adding to his suffering because of 1% chance of survival, thought he will never be the same again and maybe it will mean a lifetime of health issues?

^Nobody said he was on life support. And yes, it does sound harsh and cruel. Hope you're never in a horrible accident and somebody decides to put you down.

I joined your Facebook group, and I plan to cross-post that in a few more places. Unfortunately I don't have my checkbook with me and not much cash. Would it be too much trouble to set up a Paypal account or anything? I'd love to give whatever I can.

:comfort:

Technically we already have it in massachusetts where this occurred, so it's obviously not going well.

I read just that in the paper he was your cousin and I was wondering if that was why you hadn't been around so much lately :(
Yes. That and my grandmother died suddenly the week prior. We had just held the funeral that Saturday. So this happened the next day. :cry:

I know this may sound harsh and cruel, thought with all the suffering your cousing has been through and all the major organs failling, wouldn't it be better for him and those who love him to let him go while there's some dignity, instead of adding to his suffering because of 1% chance of survival, thought he will never be the same again and maybe it will mean a lifetime of health issues?

Because he has beaten the odds so far. He's not on life support and is making progress despite the many complications that keep stacking up on him.

But thank you everyone else for the good wishes.

Yeah that's where I read about this, your grandmother's obituary mentioned your name :(

Dear goodness, that is really horrible. I can't imagine the pain you and your family are feeling at the moment. My thoughts are with all of you :hug:

I second the paypal donations link as well. This will allow us overseas people to help out as well. Joined your Facebook group too, hopefully I can publicise it a bit to my friends on there. Again, I hope he can pull through with minimal to no long-term ill effects from this.