Don't expect it to go back to car reviews

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
Latest post on the Top Gear magazine blog about the new series

"We had A Big Meeting to talk about the future. The phrase ?back to basics? was bandied about. But the truth is that ?basics? for TopGear these days is as much about Clarkson, Hammond and May mucking about as it is about testing cars.

"If we went back to a pure petrolhead show we?d receive as many complaints as we do every time something falls over or catches fire. So don?t expect earnest chats about double wishbone suspension and a man in a woolly pulley taking 20 minutes of your time to explain how a camshaft works. But with more of a run-up than we had for series 14, I?d like to think we?ve put more thought into this one, daftness and all."

Although hopefully that means the new series will be, although full of fun, cocking about and sillyness with cars - just a tiny bit less obvious humour.

Now let me get the semi-hijack out of the way first.

slightly after 9pm BST if you live in Boise, Idaho
No idea if this is a reference to FG, but the only member we have there is Spice_Rack. I wonder what he might've done. :lol:

I don't read this as "not going back to car reviews", but as "not going back to 'old' Top Gear".

I wonder if ahpadt or posmo is going to whine first.

They should really rename the show to something like Clarkson's Bouncy Castle Fun Fest. It's not Top Gear any longer it's just a sit-com.

I wonder if ahpadt or posmo is going to whine first.

They should really rename the show to something like Clarkson's Bouncy Castle Fun Fest. It's not Top Gear any longer it's just a sit-com.

that was my guess. I just checked the "who's online?" list :lol:

(and I thought Posmo only whinged about FWD anyway?)

Vouch for my new name suggestion! \o/

"I hate everything! (except Apple)"?

(would work better as a title methinks)

So don?t expect earnest chats about double wishbone suspension and a man in a woolly pulley taking 20 minutes of your time to explain how a camshaft works.

I don't recall that ever happening on TopGear, at least since Clarkson/Wilman took over. I wonder if they were also doing a fair amount of "puff, puff, give" in that big meeting.

Latest post on the Top Gear magazine blog about the new series

Although hopefully that means the new series will be, although full of fun, cocking about and sillyness with cars - just a tiny bit less obvious humour.

^&@%#% and i wanted to know just how a camshaft works! :mad:

no.... not really....

That blog post was genuinely funny because the torrent part was so accurate. I can only hope that I will be watching TG within a reasonable time period after the show has aired.