Don't take a LP640 to Russia

... "everywhere" you don?t just "pay" the police with some money and booze when they get you for some traffic-violation and don?t have to fear any real consequences for driving like a loony.

:blink: burning a car because of it?s plates? Is the stupid-virus on the loose again?
Did I miss the part where the Lambo drivers paid the police with money and booze? Because I could have sworn that it didn't say that anywhere.

Crash car, fix car badly, collect insurance money, re sell car to some other idiot, crash car again, repeat
:lol: You clearly don't know how insurance works in Russia.
And besides, you can't just "badly" fix a totalled Lambo.

Did I miss the part where the Lambo drivers paid the police with money and booze? Because I could have sworn that it didn't say that anywhere.[...]
sigh. ... apart from two crashed LP640ies on what seems to be rather straight but busy roads with a lot of damage at the rear (indicating them spinning) we are given no information so whatever.

Of course nobody of us knows what happend ... but we can now of course be like the press should be and not ask ourselves what could have happend or we could have a guess at what happend there ... wich is what I and some others have done here. (and I didn?t think I?d have to explain that because it?s rather obvious that we were just guessing for fun here)

2712133898_86c08bf11d.jpg

Last edited:
Sigh, you disappoint me, internets. Page 2 and still no...

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, SUPERCAR CRASH YOU!

huh? how is that relevant?

I will explain with a real example.

A couple of years ago at the company (small company) where my father works, one of the employees totaled a 2001 Peugeot 406 - busted radiator, fenders, lights, one of the suspension units and the airbags deployed.
The insurance company paid the company for the car as a total loss BUT the insurance company didn't take the car. So, the boss of the company goes to a service shop, fixes the car for about $2,000 (cheap labor in Bulgaria) and then goes to the SAME insurance company and they insure the car again!!!

Whose fault is it - the boss for being sneaky, or the insurance company (one of the biggest in the country) who doesn't know how an insurance company works?

http://jalopnik.com/5221411/lamborghini-obliterated-in-fiery-multi+vehicle-moscow-crash

Update: Thanks to Pessimippopotamus's internet-fu, we get a full update from MosNews, and it's a doozy. Apparently, the driver, one 22-year-old Yuri was driving at three times the speed limit, blasting through the streets at 124 MPH while his new 16-year-old friend Christian was, um, "entertaining" him, causing Yuri to lose control, hit the Civic and a lost wheel punctured the gas tank of the Ford Mondeo which became engulfed in flames and smashed in a taxi cab. Miraculously nobody died in the incident, though apparently passenger Christian suffered a serious injury when his head hit the steering wheel. Something tells us this was not what young Christian had in mind when he asked Yuri for a ride.

In addition to the Lambo, there's at least a foreign-market Honda Civic hatch and a fire ball that used to be... something. Murcielago got the worst of it though, hitting something so hard it actually broke the rim. If you're in Moscow, be wary of any Craigslist ads about a Murcielago almost as good as new. [Geshik, update via MosNews]

<insert wittiness about blowing something>

Last edited:
blows to drive a supercar in russia

Last edited: