Dorian Gray film trailer

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
Upcoming british film based on the Oscar Wilde novel of course. I'm surprised nobody has posted about this yet

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY93VUQSMo4[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome. I shall have to re-read the book before I go and see it.

Not sure I like the visual style with what I remember of the book. I always figured it should be aggressively beautiful rather than Tim Burton creepy gothic. Considering the obsession with youth and beauty found in the book, I find it hard to believe the characters would live in that environment.

But I never did finish it, feel free to disagree.

Haven't heard of the novel before, but the trailer does look interesting. Will have to check both the book and film out.

Not sure I like the visual style with what I remember of the book. I always figured it should be aggressively beautiful rather than Tim Burton creepy gothic. Considering the obsession with youth and beauty found in the book, I find it hard to believe the characters would live in that environment.

But I never did finish it, feel free to disagree.

I agree, the visual style is HORRIBLY wrong. But it's the dark blue tinted thing that everyone so apparently loves these days, so every fucking movie has it. Even the poster looks like Twilight. Well, I better not jump to conclusions, it might be a good movie even if I hate the visuals.

Last edited:
I agree, the visual style is HORRIBLY wrong. But it's the dark blue tinted thing that everyone so apparently loves these days, so every fucking movie has it. Even the poster looks like Twilight. Well, I better not jump to conclusions, it might be a good movie even if I hate the visuals.

Well put yourself in the producers boots, you've invested several million into this work, and really want a chance at making your money back. Which do you think would sell better? sunny, flowery, cheery look or the dark, visual gothic look thats really popular these days.

They're marketing the story as cautionary tale/gothic horror, how else would they tint it?