Downtime

Gerpok image fixed BTW.

Anyway, pulse is working on getting a new server. They're taking donations on their site, plus613.com.

Now here's the question - should we stick with pulse and help him get a new server or take someone else up on their hosting offer?

Now mind you, we're already set up here, pulse is a great guy, and I have everything here I need all set up and how I like it.

As far as I'm concerned, that's up to you.
My only question I would have is, if we help Pulse get a new server, will our site be on its own box or would it still share with the other site?

ESPNSTI said:
As far as I'm concerned, that's up to you.
My only question I would have is, if we help Pulse get a new server, will our site be on its own box or would it still share with the other site?
I'd imagine he'd drop this box and move everything over meaning that we'd be on the same box again. I'd also think it'd be able to handle the load of both sites though.

But I'll ask.

Viper007Bond said:
Gerpok image fixed BTW.

Anyway, pulse is working on getting a new server. They're taking donations on their site, plus613.com.

Now here's the question - should we stick with pulse and help him get a new server or take someone else up on their hosting offer?

Now mind you, we're already set up here, pulse is a great guy, and I have everything here I need all set up and how I like it.

Depends, are you more cheap or more lazy, that's the question really.

It seems by what you just wrote that you're more lazy... :lol:

I just saw this thread....
I'd go with helping pulse too... I really admire the guy for keeping his site free with no ads, guys like this should be supported. I want to donate but I can't have a paypal account and he only accepts australian visas....
Maybe we should feature a link to the (his) donations page on our site too?

I sent pulse $10USD towards a new server, its not much (even though every little bit counts right?), but my expendable income isn't that great this month, but I should be able to give a little more after April 1.

I am also for setting up a link to his donations link as well on here, and I also think the running of this site (and making it faster) is more deserving of funds than buying a hard drive to expand my FTP (especially since there is possibly a newer machine in the pipeline for august to replace the old one).

Okay, we'll stick with pulse. :)

hmmm Did we ever get to upgrade the server in the first place?

Yeah, we're still on the old box for the time being. The database is on a seperate box which fixed the problem for the time being. The contract on the box that the database is on will be up soon and then it'll be replaced by the new box which we'll completely move over to.

Really? That's odd. Been fine for weeks...

well maybe the last hour then.. I'm not very good to give time estimates :lol:

well here goes:
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:18 pm
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:22 pm