Dragon Naturally Speaking Software

kenezzite

Hey guys has anyone herd of this program yet? very cool you should check it out. But that's not the reason I'm asking. I'm looking for a Dragon Naturally Speaking 8 Preferred or Professional, please shoot me a PM if you know where I can get (dl) :mrgreen: it. I already have the Naturally Speaking 8, so if anyone needs it, I can put it on the ftp. So if anyone know where I can get the Preferred or Professional, please help me out. Thanks if advance guys.

Its a program where you can speak and the program will write for you. I've used it and its actually quite neat, but it was slower then typing so I unistalled it.

What do you mean slower? Must of been the old version, I'm using the new 8th version in college and its as fast as you talk. Great program.

I think I'm dlig that...

Buba

Buba said:
I think I'm dlig that...

Buba
I thought about it too but why do you need voice recognition software in English. Now if it would be available in German...

Well, it definatly is... ;-)
w*w.torrent.to has it, w*w.torrentspy.com also found it... There is a bilingual version... german and english... I'll just try it ;-) I wanted to have something like this for ages...

I might need it as I just became secretary in a Club recently... Gotta "write" some reports for that ;-)

For what i remember, these programs required some high quality microphones. Don't know it that changed, though.

kenezzite said:
What do you mean slower? Must of been the old version, I'm using the new 8th version in college and its as fast as you talk. Great program.

Well it would type as fast as I would speak, but overall it would take me much longer to talk something out rather then just type it out. And my mic sucked really bad, so it would give me weird words all the time. I bet if I played with the configuration settings a bit more it would work better, but I didn't have the patience for it. I used it for a week until my fingers wanted to start typing again.

But overall, I give this program great ratings, it does really work, but it just didn't work that well with me. I believe I used version 7 pro or something like that. Definitely not 8 though.

Hmm, dunno...
I guess, I'm safe.... Bought an expensive Plantronics Headset in a weak moment...
I'll report tomorrow ;-)

Buba

i am actually getting one of these for free because i am a hand amputee. i will have to wait untill i graduate from high school before i can get it though. from what i heard about it, it can type out up to 120 words a min.

btw typing one handed is such a bitch

patrick10 said:
i am actually getting one of these for free because i am a hand amputee. i will have to wait untill i graduate from high school before i can get it though. from what i heard about it, it can type out up to 120 words a min.

btw typing one handed is such a bitch

I can only imagine. I have a friend who is an hand amputee, too, and it really sucks big time. And thinking it happened in such a silly situation, even makes it more revolting.
Anyway, if you're like him, I bet you don't like talking about it all the time, so let's talk about the software. Till you get it for free, you can download it and give it a try, can't you?

actually i bet the way i lost my hand was even dumber and actually i really dont mind talking about it. i had to go to a psychiatrist(sp?) and he was actually amazed at how quick i got over it. i realized that it was my fault and that i will never get my hand back but it really isnt as bad as people probably think. well it hurt... a lot, and no manual(yes an automatic 240 :( ), and i have to re-learn guitar.

but since i am getting it for free i dont want to take any chances on downloading it. i will be getting everything for free including professional setup so it should only take about an hour for the program to recognize my voice. but yea i do wish i could have it earlier espically since i have a 6 page paper due friday

I sent it... Hope it works on you version...

The software is quite nice, but my muffeld bavarian voice maybe a bit much for the bitch...
I only did the standard trainig last night. And standard phrases it did understand! And it was really slow, too slow for 2,8 Ghz and 512 MB

Buba

Is there any way in which someone could upload this program to somewhere for me to download? Ive searched the few remaining unblocked torrent sites that I can find and nothing is showing up and I really wanna give this thing a shot. Im writing my computing coursework for A level atm and ive got about another 20-25 pages to do so this would be a great help.