Dreaded cyclists

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
It's not legal in my state. Cyclists are required to ride "as far to the right as is practicable" and are required to use cycle lanes when available and obey traffic control devices. The most of them do all these things most of the time - but almost all of them ride straight through stop signs.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
It's not legal in my state. Cyclists are required to ride "as far to the right as is practicable" and are required to use cycle lanes when available and obey traffic control devices. The most of them do all these things most of the time - but almost all of them ride straight through stop signs.
I think that's how it's written here, but people will do both, ride on the left so "I can see the traffic coming."

RedPandaXP

Car(s)
Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDM
I agree with the fact that assholes are assholes whatever their means of transportation is. What pisses me off about some cyclists though, is that "I'm better than you because I don't pollute" attitude, at least we get that a lot here... My local council even made little paper tags to attach to your bike with "I don't pollute" written on it.
And those are the worst of them all, they're usually the ones that cut in front of you without signalling, that cross the road without making sure you have enough room to stop for them, or that dash in the middle of roundabouts without giving way to anyone, when there are cycle crossings all around it.
I do cycle from time to time, and following the rules gets me from A to B without anyone raging at me, or trying to kill me, while I risked several rear end collisions, while driving, because of cyclists that thought the road belongs to them.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Could it be that people just don't pay attention while driving?

for a cycle lane barrier those things seem huge tbh. How did people miss those? Or rather: how did they determine that those were causing any accidents? I am sceptical.

GRtak

Forum Addict
for a cycle lane barrier those things seem huge tbh. How did people miss those? Or rather: how did they determine that those were causing any accidents? I am sceptical.

I think they were hitting the actual barriers. :dunno: