Dreaded cyclists

TL;DR: Douchebag cyclist runs red lights, keeps getting tickets and is surprised every time he gets pulled over. His defense in court is that the law shouldn't apply to him because he doesn't want it to. Judge, "Here's your fine, GTFO."
Bonus: Got fined for not having a bicycle bell, probably because he pulled a douchebag cyclist attitude with the cop.

Wipe_them_out__All_of_them_by_lupesoto.jpg

I kid, I kid............somewhat.

Last edited:
Lol @ everyone does it logic. Everyone speeds too, I doubt that the cop that pulls you over is going to accept that as an excuse.

Here the "but everybody does it" is the excuse corrupt politicians use to get away with their crimes. But even here these fallacy is quite hated and it doesn't ususally work very well. In 1992 the PM was targeted with coins after saying something similar.

---

this cyclist is an idiot. at the beginning I thought he got fined three times because he passed three traffic lights before being pulled over, but no, he got the first, then went on and got the second; Has he decided to stop passing red lights then? No, and got fined again. And he even dares complaining.

What a...

Here the "but everybody does it" is the excuse corrupt politicians use to get away with their crimes. But even here these fallacy is quite hated and it doesn't ususally work very well. In 1992 the PM was targeted with coins after saying something similar.

---

this cyclist is an idiot. at the beginning I thought he got fined three times because he passed three traffic lights before being pulled over, but no, he got the first, then went on and got the second; Has he decided to stop passing red lights then? No, and got fined again. And he even dares complaining.

What a...
Yep that's the normal pedal pusher attitude here. I heard city was cracking down on cycling violations but didn't realize that they are actually doing it as opposed to talking about it.

So this pedal pushing douche-of-douches goes around refusing to follow the rules like the arrogant ass he is, and then acts all butthurt when they decide to make an example out of him?

all I have to say is...
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

And of course, keep up the good work New York!

I have to admit the more I cycle the more amazed I am at the stupidity of other cyclists.

- Night time with no lights (illegal)
- Cutting in front of a moving bus to queue jump
- Continual red light jumping
- Grinding to a halt facing 90 degrees across two lanes of traffic
- Complete obliviousness to all that occurs around them

Continual
6375.png

Just one thing to clarify, big group of cyclist with matching kits riding at 40-50kph pace ( aka proper cycling club or team that are out to train) DO you really want to be riding at twice the speed of family with kids on the bike lane or have them ride sometime even at speed limit with normally a helper car following them with hazard signal on on the road following the flow of traffic ?

Here are my rules when i am out for some serious cycling:
Slow down for all stop and red light, if i can't see a car for 200m ( if its a residential road with 50kph limits, bigger road i check further) i go, yes that means sometime i look like i am jumping stop but thats cause i was doing 40kph before the stop,slowed to15-20kph started checking and then if there was no oncomming car, sprinting back to my pace before the stop or the lights.
Never, ever ride on sidewalk except for waiting at a light or stop( and still sometime i might wait behind or beside a car at certain lights depending on where i am going and follow the lights for the cars), normally road with sidewalk have also the space for cyclist to be on the road with cars.
And whatever might be my speed, i slow down behind slower cyclist and wait to be able to safely pass him as i do in my car on the highway when going faster than some others.

Just one thing to clarify, big group of cyclist with matching kits riding at 40-50kph pace ( aka proper cycling club or team that are out to train) DO you really want to be riding at twice the speed of family with kids on the bike lane or have them ride sometime even at speed limit with normally a helper car following them with hazard signal on on the road following the flow of traffic ?
OK after the hurricane passes I will get a bunch of friends from my auto club and go drifting on Southern State Parkway (wide road with lots of sweeping corners) and tell the cops we were practicing for Drift Nirvana. Wanna practice go to a park or a velodrome. End of story.
Slow down for all stop and red light, if i can't see a car for 200m ( if its a residential road with 50kph limits, bigger road i check further) i go, yes that means sometime i look like i am jumping stop but thats cause i was doing 40kph before the stop,slowed to15-20kph started checking and then if there was no oncomming car, sprinting back to my pace before the stop or the lights.
If you don't respect the rules of the road why should I? It's a red light not a stop sign dude, STOP for it or get the fuck off the road.

OK after the hurricane passes I will get a bunch of friends from my auto club and go drifting on Southern State Parkway (wide road with lots of sweeping corners) and tell the cops we were practicing for Drift Nirvana. Wanna practice go to a park or a velodrome. End of story.

If you don't respect the rules of the road why should I? It's a red light not a stop sign dude, STOP for it or get the fuck off the road.

+1, All of this.

Car race are done at a track, road bike race are done on public road with stuff like hills, right corner, wide long stretch, narrow technical descent and at 40-50kph pace. You want us to do that in a park where there is loads of family with kids riding at 10-20kph or go to a velodrome where its flat, always turn left and if you live in a province where there is only one velodrome and its 300km away from you.

As for red light, from what i remember i never got to a red light where there wasnt a oncomming car so i always did a full stop and waited for my turn, i only included red light for case like when i am riding early in the morning with no traffic at all and get to a red light, i would slow down really make sure there is no oncomming car for as far as i can see and then cross the light.

Neg rep me if you want but that is what i find to be the safest way for me to ride at a decent pace

Car race are done at a track, road bike race are done on public road with stuff like hills, right corner, wide long stretch, narrow technical descent and at 40-50kph pace.
All of these can be found on tracks where racecars race. In fact, some of the tracks around here are rented by bicyclists.

You want us to do that in a park where there is loads of family with kids riding at 10-20kph or go to a velodrome where its flat, always turn left and if you live in a province where there is only one velodrome and its 300km away from you.
I want you to avoid doing your practice on a public road open to cars if your choice is to ignore traffic laws that apply to bicycles.

Car race are done at a track, road bike race are done on public road with stuff like hills, right corner, wide long stretch, narrow technical descent and at 40-50kph pace. You want us to do that in a park where there is loads of family with kids riding at 10-20kph or go to a velodrome where its flat, always turn left and if you live in a province where there is only one velodrome and its 300km away from you.

As for red light, from what i remember i never got to a red light where there wasnt a oncomming car so i always did a full stop and waited for my turn, i only included red light for case like when i am riding early in the morning with no traffic at all and get to a red light, i would slow down really make sure there is no oncomming car for as far as i can see and then cross the light.

Neg rep me if you want but that is what i find to be the safest way for me to ride at a decent pace

Bullshit. There are bicycle road races at world-class tracks like Miller Motorsports and Laguna Seca, as well as hundreds of smaller tracks around the country. If your group pays to rent the track they don't care if you run bicycles or cars, as long as you don't spread oil and glycol coolant all over the place. In fact, they almost always give a deal to cyclist groups because they don't need rescue or corner workers for those events.
What else you got?

As long as I'm here I'll mention the douchebag cycling across eight lanes of 50 mph traffic while he had the red light, flipping off the cars that were slamming on the brakes and swerving to avoid hitting him because they had the sheer audacity to honk their horns at him.

I think we need a couple runnings of Death Race to clear up the gene pool.

Last edited:
I also believe, when they do bike races on streets that they CLOSE the streets for the race. The argument they hold bicycle races on the public roads could be used similarly with cars, for example "Movies hold car chases on public roads".

Motor races happen on city streets, and they are closed to traffic. See: Isle of Man TT, Monaco F1.

I have no more sympathy for someone going drifting or racing on a public road than I have for cyclists that flaunt the law just as much. Breaking the traffic laws don't always involve smoking tires or internal combustion.

Last edited:
I want you to avoid doing your practice on a public road open to cars if your choice is to ignore traffic laws that apply to bicycles.

Cause you think i ride in the middle of the road, riding the wrong way, not wearing a helmet, and swerving like a drunk man while flipping off all the cars that honk at me ?

Nah i ride with the flow of traffic on the shoulder while wearing my helmet and riding as straight as possible while knowing that i am the smallest and lightest object on the road so i can't dictacte my rule. Only stop free of incomming car that i jump them but not before i slowed down and made sure none were comming. That dosent mean i jump every single stop i encounter, about half of the stop i get to, i stop because its not safe. You know, when i am out on my bike on the road, i want to have fun and for that i try to go as fast as i safely can like most here do with their does that mean because i am a cyclist i shouldnt be on the road ? But in a car i would totally be fine ?

Last edited:
No, going out for a pedal doesn't mean that you shouldn't be on the road, it means that you should obey the traffic laws. You just admitted that you knowingly and willfully break the law when you think it is safe. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly turned a cyclist into Spam paste who thought the exact same thing. Stop signs and lights are not there to be an inconvenience to you, they are there to protect you and everyone else on the road. Just because you are a cyclist, doesn't mean that you can't cause harm to other road users. Imagine what would happen if a cyclist ran a stop and cause a motorcycle to crash; both could be very injured or killed. Or the psychological damage that would result from someone killing you with their vehicle.

If I was on here talking about running red lights or stop signs on my motorcycle you, and everyone else on this forum would be on me like stink on shit. What makes your choice of vehicle so special that you think you can do the same without repercussions?

Cause you think i ride in the middle of the road, riding the wrong way, not wearing a helmet, and swerving like a drunk man while flipping off all the cars that honk at me ?

Nah i ride with the flow of traffic on the shoulder while wearing my helmet and riding as straight as possible while knowing that i am the smallest and lightest object on the road so i can't dictacte my rule. Only stop free of incomming car that i jump them but not before i slowed down and made sure none were comming. That dosent mean i jump every single stop i encounter, about half of the stop i get to, i stop because its not safe. You know, when i am out on my bike on the road, i want to have fun and for that i try to go as fast as i safely can like most here do with their does that mean because i am a cyclist i shouldnt be on the road ? But in a car i would totally be fine ?

That's what you're not understanding. In a car, it is absolutely not fine to run a red light. Ever. Why is this different for any other road vehicle? Because you only sometimes break the law?

if everybody acted like you do, "only going when its safe" and doing that regardless of whether on a bike or in their car (because really, there shouldnt be ANY difference), remind me... why do we have traffic lights and stop signs or ANY rules at all? honestly, if you (and anybody else for that matter) are always right in determining when it's safe to go or not to go, how come there are these things we like to call car-crashes?
your actions are not only dangerous to yourself, but also to everyone else around you on the street. because believe it or not, you cannot safely determine whether it's ok or not to jump a light / stop-sign, no matter how low the traffic...
you are one of the reasons cyclists that actually stick to the rules have such a bad name everywhere, not only on this forum.

No, going out for a pedal doesn't mean that you shouldn't be on the road, it means that you should obey the traffic laws. You just admitted that you knowingly and willfully break the law when you think it is safe. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly turned a cyclist into Spam paste who thought the exact same thing. Stop signs and lights are not there to be an inconvenience to you, they are there to protect you and everyone else on the road. Just because you are a cyclist, doesn't mean that you can't cause harm to other road users. Imagine what would happen if a cyclist ran a stop and cause a motorcycle to crash; both could be very injured or killed. Or the psychological damage that would result from someone killing you with their vehicle.

If I was on here talking about running red lights or stop signs on my motorcycle you, and everyone else on this forum would be on me like stink on shit. What makes your choice of vehicle so special that you think you can do the same without repercussions?

Or if the cyclist runs a light in front of a car and they swerve to avoid them, hits a tree, hits someone else, flips etc. People could easily die that way.