Dreaded cyclists

Since in the idiots+cars another bike discussion came up...

Just to show that cyclists do the same idiocies that other road users do.

[video=youtube;5Ze-KMPL09s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ze-KMPL09s[/video]

This reminds me of the same thing happening with cars.

Like:

[video=youtube;-Ez0FQRZMC4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ez0FQRZMC4[/video]

Now what is different is how most people will treat both things. And that's right if you think of the damages, but wrong if you try to justify one or the other, because they've done the same thing.

EDIT

Oh, by the way:

Look at around 2:00 for the car that tries to turn left. That's why I would want the permission for car to occupy the bike lanes when they -have to- turn.

and by the way, again: they're the same people and the same idiots as other vehicles, and they do the same s**t:

Please treat them equal to other people.

Last edited:
Look at around 2:00 for the car that tries to turn left. That's why I would want the permission for car to occupy the bike lanes when they -have to- turn.
Interestingly there are some roads around here with dedicated bike lanes that actually have a turn spot for cars and a separate traffic light for cycles to allow for that.

Jesus fucking Christ can't dodge these morons even as a pedestrian. Do people not think it's troublesome for others to not dismount their bikes in crowded crosswalks? Not to mention it's illegal but who's gonna enforce that?

For those that keep shouting about how license plates are too huge to put on bicycles, here's a practical demonstration of the size of already existing plates here.

This is a standard pack of regulation 3"x5" inch (or 76mm x 127mm) index cards. I'm sure similar things are sold in Europe.

Now, here's that same pack of index cards in comparison with the Texas motorcycle plate - which is the typical 'small' size plate for mopeds, motorcycles, motorized trikes, small trailers, etc., etc.

That size plate would quite nicely fit under your typical bicycle seat without interfering with safe operation in any way. I assure you that the 'motorcycle' plate is quite large enough for bystanders and plate readers to get your plate number and refer it to the police - my bills from the local tollway authority are proof of that, as they use plate scanners to bill people.

Last edited:
Since it's Friday and I feel like lightening the mood somewhat, apparently Google self driving software can't deal with track stands (standing stationary on a bicycle while rocking somewhat to not fall off)
TL;DR version is that because it detected some movement from the cyclist it would stop then seeing it was stationary go but then detect wobble and stop again.

I can't wait to see what it does when it encounters the vibra-matic paint mixer that is a Harley Davidson.

Since it's Friday and I feel like lightening the mood somewhat, apparently Google self driving software can't deal with track stands (standing stationary on a bicycle while rocking somewhat to not fall off)
TL;DR version is that because it detected some movement from the cyclist it would stop then seeing it was stationary go but then detect wobble and stop again.

Seems like quite safe behaviour. Car stops at stop sign, sees stopped bicycle, waits a bit. Car starts to move, bicycle moves forward, car stops again.

That size plate would quite nicely fit under your typical bicycle seat without interfering with safe operation in any way.
Except for jabbing you in the legs if you do anything other than ride like an old lady. Nah, that wouldn't work. A little plate mount on the rear axle would be much better.

I can appreciate looking for an easy way to keep people accountable, but plating bikes is a pipe dream.

I can't wait to see what it does when it encounters the vibra-matic paint mixer that is a Harley Davidson.
B-b-but rubber mounted engines! That solved everything!

Seems like quite safe behaviour. Car stops at stop sign, sees stopped bicycle, waits a bit. Car starts to move, bicycle moves forward, car stops again.

Never said it was unsafe, just funny that it got confused.

That fine gentleman's mugshot

zbbNyGN.jpg

Last edited:
Except for jabbing you in the legs if you do anything other than ride like an old lady. Nah, that wouldn't work. A little plate mount on the rear axle would be much better.

Doesn't have to be in the way of leg travel - I'm pretty sure I could come up with a cheap mount that kept it out of the way - probably something attached to the rear reflector bracket. You know, the one you're supposed to have by law anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Critical Ass at it again...

Yup, Critical Ass - and specifically a Critical Asshole.

Sadly, I see the cops didn't arrest the rest of the people who stood around in support of the idiot.

In some states, he would have caught a bullet for that as the occupants of the vehicle would have been in reasonable fear for their lives.

Last edited:

That is the most hipster looking dude I've ever seen in my life, and I just got back from the Bay Area. This is the most fixie-riding, moustache-waxing, straight-blade-shaving, free-trade-organic-french-pressed-coffee-drinking, skinny-jean-and-hornrimed-glasses-wearing, Apple-iThing-owning person on the planet.

I bet he got arrested ironically.

There is a reason this shit only seems to happen in California and New York. They tried this in Utah a while ago and it didn't last too long, for some reason cyclists don't seem to be as anxious to pick fights with farm trucks and people with concealed carry permits. Go figure.

Last edited:
free-trade-organic-french-pressed-coffee-drinking, Apple-iThing-owning person on the planet.
Hey I enjoy those things too!
There is a reason this shit only seems to happen in California and New York. They tried this in Utah a while ago and it didn't last too long, for some reason cyclists don't seem to be as anxious to pick fights with farm trucks and people with concealed carry permits. Go figure.
I haven't heard of a lot of shit happening in the city either tbh, other than cops pushing them off which is of course hilarious. Though I suspect it's much harder to do it here.