Dreaded cyclists

How does one reverse forwards?

DSC01646.JPG

A pedal pusher going the wrong way on a one way attempted to play chicken with me... Sometimes I really wonder about people.

As I was on my way to work on Tuesday, I encountered a bicyclist heading directly toward me, in my lane, on the right side of the road (as compared with me - left side for him). Texas law states cyclists should ride with traffic, on the cyclist's right. The cyclist? A uniformed police officer. *sigh*

Well, you can't expect police to know about bicycle-related traffic rules. Same here. And I encountered a cyclists going against traffic yesterday, too... I always have the urge to run them over.

A pedal pusher going the wrong way on a one way attempted to play chicken with me... Sometimes I really wonder about people.
Over here there are one-way-streets where you are allowed to ride a bike the wrong way, but then they are clearly marked on both sides and all intersections.

Nonetheless as a cyclist you are much more vulnerable. Even if you were right in every aspect it doesn't help when you are mowed down by a car/lorry, you inevitably get hurt/killed so you have to be extra careful and anticipate the errors of stronger road users.

Over here there are one-way-streets where you are allowed to ride a bike the wrong way, but then they are clearly marked on both sides and all intersections.

Nonetheless as a cyclist you are much more vulnerable. Even if you were right in every aspect it doesn't help when you are mowed down by a car/lorry, you inevitably get hurt/killed so you have to be extra careful and anticipate the errors of stronger road users.
It's not allowed here, a bicycle is basically considered to be a very slow car, however it's not only that he was going the wrong way he actually went into the middle of the road when he saw me and played chicken with me, I shit you not...

Today I was turning onto a major road from a small one, two lanes in one direction, one way in the other, very busy. I waited my turn, I turned into the rightmost of the two lanes, I tur

WHAT THE ****

A cyclist coming towards me in the same lane as me. He was so badly in the wrong part of the road that it was not expecting him at all. I avoided him and honked him. He went on, and then he turned to look at me, wondering why I had honked.

I stayed speechless for a while.

So they're starting to use hand signals. But they loose control when they do.

Gonna need to turn it to HD, too pixelated otherwise.

Today I was turning onto a major road from a small one, two lanes in one direction, one way in the other, very busy. I waited my turn, I turned into the rightmost of the two lanes, I tur

WHAT THE ****

A cyclist coming towards me in the same lane as me. He was so badly in the wrong part of the road that it was not expecting him at all. I avoided him and honked him. He went on, and then he turned to look at me, wondering why I had honked.

I stayed speechless for a while.
So you cut a cyclist off and then honked at them?

So you cut a cyclist off and then honked at them?

as i understand it, the cyclist was actually on the wrong side of the road (in this case, italy, on the left). so perfectly adequate to cut them off and then honk at them.

I had the same thing happen. I was turning right onto a fairly major road in the evening. As I came around the corner I nearly ran over some idiot riding a cycle with no lights down the middle of the lane into oncoming traffic. And yeah, I honked at him for being on the wrong side of the road - just in case the giant SUV barreling down on him in the dark wasn't enough for him to empty his bowels down his leg.

First 16 seconds of this video - one reason why people think bicyclists are inconsiderate assholes.

No doubt that cyclist is an unfriendly lane-blocker, and he should have just moved over onto the gravel for a bit. It's not like at his speed he'd be damaging his precious bike by doing that.
But I wonder: Are people going to get shot on the spot for going over the middle line? Over here everyone except someone doing his driving school exam would overtake that cyclist in a heartbeat. Yes, the police too.

No doubt that cyclist is an unfriendly lane-blocker, and he should have just moved over onto the gravel for a bit. It's not like at his speed he'd be damaging his precious bike by doing that.
But I wonder: Are people going to get shot on the spot for going over the middle line? Over here everyone except someone doing his driving school exam would overtake that cyclist in a heartbeat. Yes, the police too.

There's two California Highway Patrol cruisers stuck right behind the guy. Good way to get a *massive* ticket there, if you try to pass. CHP says that unless you are trying to avoid a collision, you can't cross those lines. IIRC, the penalty is $380 or something like that plus court costs and fees, so about $500. Plus 1-2 points on your license.

That's entirely aside from the fact that it's pretty damn unsafe to cross that line, lots of short sightlines and blind corners on that road.

Last edited:
Hahaha America, land of the free, defeated by some yellow paint on the road :lol: