Dreaded cyclists

Here they need to stay 2 abreast, not 3 like in the pic, not 4 or 5 like I see all the time, and certainly not on the fucking oncoming lane......cunts.

Last edited:
w9fDigH.png
Nice of them to shorten the distance needed to overtake all of them. You need to use the opposite lane anyway, so except for motorcyclist this group doesn't pose a bigger obstacle than a single bicycle.

Nice of them to shorten the distance needed to overtake all of them. You need to use the opposite lane anyway, so except for motorcyclist this group doesn't pose a bigger obstacle than a single bicycle.

STOP APPLYING RATIONAL THOUGHT YOU CYCLE LOVING HIPPIE! :shakefist:

You do have a point, even if I'd be willing to bet that thought hasn't entered into the minds of those cyclists much :D

Oh yeah, cyclists!

I saw another electric bicycle yesterday and thought "I wonder how much those cost?". :think:

Retail new is between ?400 and ?700, which seems a lot.
This may be a reason I have seen so few of those things.

They do run along at about 15-20 mph which in urban/city traffic is pretty good.

Still seems like an odd thing to have, unless you are physically impared.

Retail new is between ?400 and ?700, which seems a lot.

say what? you consider that a lot? :? i think most electric bicycles start at like 1500? or something over here... and most go for more than 2000?. and to be honest, i would never feel safe on one that costs less than a grand.

Still seems like an odd thing to have, unless you are physically impared.

to add here: lots of people would never get the idea to ride a bike anywhere, because they're not fit at all and would huff and puff as soon as they even saw the tiniest hill. with an electric bicycle, they're happy to even get cracking on longer tours of up to 50km without issue. i call that a huge win, because they do get some exercise that way at least. friends of my parents are like that. in their 60s, never worked in any way, but since they've gotten themselves electric bicycles, they're out and about on those things at least once a week if the weather is right.

Last edited:
Even if you're perfectly healthy the electric boost might make a bicycle commute or similar trips more viable.
Compared to a moped or scooter those prices are a steal :)

Also, not everyone sees the bicycle as a means to do sports. Some people just use the bike to "go somewhere". Making "going somewhere" more easy makes perfect sense when you don?t see your bike as a tool for doing sports.

Get a motorcycle if you need engine assist.

say what? you consider that a lot? :? i think most electric bicycles start at like 1500? or something over here... and most go for more than 2000?. and to be honest, i would never feel safe on one that costs less than a grand.

Tesco Electric Bicycles - link

to add here: lots of people would never get the idea to ride a bike anywhere, because they're not fit at all and would huff and puff as soon as they even saw the tiniest hill. with an electric bicycle, they're happy to even get cracking on longer tours of up to 50km without issue. i call that a huge win, because they do get some exercise that way at least. friends of my parents are like that. in their 60s, never worked in any way, but since they've gotten themselves electric bicycles, they're out and about on those things at least once a week if the weather is right.

OK, fair point!

:smile:

No, it's not a place for cycle enthusiasts, but it is one of the biggest general grocers and other stuff in the UK.

:smile:

Not sure about Portugese (?) law, but here in Germany he would do nothing wrong. The cycle lane isn't 1.5 meters wide, he's not bound to use it.

Oh and apparently it's so hard to overtake one single cyclist without oncoming traffic.

Not sure about Portugese (?) law, but here in Germany he would do nothing wrong. The cycle lane isn't 1.5 meters wide, he's not bound to use it.

Oh and apparently it's so hard to overtake one single cyclist without oncoming traffic.

Well shit let me drive on the sidewalk then, if it's empty should be no big deal right?

Well shit let me drive on the sidewalk then, if it's empty should be no big deal right?

that in contrast to what he's doing, would actually be against the law...

or maybe...

wait a second though... since that's not a separated cycle + pedestrian path but rather one combined path for both, wouldn't that make it more than 1.5 meters wide and compel that dude to go there?

Last edited:

...because that totally makes sense.

wait a second though... since that's not a separated cycle + pedestrian path but rather one combined path for both, wouldn't that make it more than 1.5 meters wide and compel that dude to go there?
[/FONT]

I guess that's hard to say, it's up to jurists to decide wether only the left part or the whole sidewalk can be seen as a bicycle lane ... :dunno:

Here is a simple fact, he has no reason to be on the road, there is a dedicated lane yet he goes on the road. Whether the road is empty enough for an overtake or not is completely irrelevant. So how about I drive on the shoulder then? After all it's empty. Furthermore a whole bunch of bikists bitch and moan that they are not respected by drivers, this right there is why.

Here is a simple fact, he has no reason to be on the road, there is a dedicated lane yet he goes on the road. Whether the road is empty enough for an overtake or not is completely irrelevant. So how about I drive on the shoulder then? After all it's empty. Furthermore a whole bunch of bikists bitch and moan that they are not respected by drivers, this right there is why.

What this man said.

:lol: