News: Drifter 'to smash world record'

GT - R

FinalGear Forza 3 Time Attack Winner
Car(s)
Skyline GTR (Someday)
Autocar.co.uk said:
Mercedes-Benz-861111416422061600x1060.jpg

An attempt to smash the world record for the longest-ever powerslide will be launched at Mercedes-Benz World this weekend.
Mercedes demo driver Mauro Calo, who has also driven for Autocar, will slide an AMG saloon ? either an E63 or a C63 ? for 12 laps around the narrow perimeter track at Brooklands in Surrey.
Calo will spend around four minutes in the 55mph, third gear drift, racking up 10,000 ft (nearly two miles) sideways to beat the existing 8000ft record by a considerable margin.
But Calo will have to be careful. With a track that's "barely as wide as a car length, there's no room for error."
Nevertheless, ?I?m 100 per cent confident that I can do it,? said Calo.

jimmy%20clarkson%20approved.jpg

They'll need to figure out how to change the tyres mid-drift then.

"My mother, she's blind in one eye and she can drift better than that."

You know, it almost makes me wonder. While GM, Porsche, Nissan, etc are trying to one-up eachother on the Nurburgring, this is what Mercedes* comes up with. A burn out contest.

:p

*yes, I realize it's not Mercedes themselves.

Last edited:
I came in this thread expecting a high-powered Mercedes four-door going sideways. I was not disappointed.

:clarkson: Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide

Repetitive oversteer injury.

:clarkson: Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide Powerslide

Repetitive oversteer injury.

Great excuse to get off work however.

Sorry, my back went after I had my AMG sideways for 10,000ft.

I'm expecting the tires to explode spectacularly.

You know, it almost makes me wonder. While GM, Porsche, Nissan, etc are trying to one-up eachother on the Nurburgring, this is what Mercedes* comes up with. A burn out contest.

:p

*yes, I realize it's not Mercedes themselves.

I love it! Fuck all that sofistimatcation crap :p