Driver: The return of a great game?

I remember Driv3r... It was a great looking game with the scenery and the draw distance was especially awesome in Miami... Those clunky controls, the bad aimming, and the glitches involved were horrible. The driving, cut scenes, and overall graphics were great. Just so much better in the car than out of it... Man, this fall is going to kill my wallet... New Driver, COD, F1 2011, all great shit coming out. The Deux Ex:Revolution... Man, I'm going to die behind my Xbox...

The multiplayer demo is on the EU store, so US probably got it 6 months ago.
Anybody tried it?

i have tried it and i like it, you need to get it Aston so we can play. the only issue is connection. i lose mine almost every session (maybe its just me) and i have a hard time finding a match sometimes. other than that its fun.

The multiplayer demo is on the EU store, so US probably got it 6 months ago.
Anybody tried it?

EU has Splinter Cell already. US won't get it for over a month, most likely. Oh and EU got MotorStorm a month early too. It's not all puppies and rainbows over here, EU gets stuff early too.

Demo is great fun. I had a blast playing it, much better than the SP demo.

Speaking of the Splinter Cell HD trilogy, I wonder why the EU got it first and the US PSN didn't. :?

I pre-ordered mine in disc form a few months ago, and it doesn't come out until late September. :(

Anyway, I played the SP demo of D:SA and it was pretty damn good. What made it stand out the most is the consistent 60 FPS that most games simply don't have. The cutscenes looked great and the story looks decent (even though I haven't played any of the earlier games)

absolutely loving the demo, MP more than SP but they're both great. definitely getting the game once got some money. Gonna be an expensive next few months for gaming.

absolutely loving the demo, MP more than SP but they're both great. definitely getting the game once got some money. Gonna be an expensive next few months for gaming.

No shit, i got NHL 12 one week, F1 2011 the next week and then this the week after. i will get NO work done in september!

Demo was surprisingly good but not enough to sell me, not when I just played several very competant demos for $10-15 games. Another game added to the Steam-sale watchlist.

It's so annoying when you're trying to lose the cops, and you suddenly hit one of those red "walls" preventing you from going further. There won't be any of that in the final game! :D

The driving isn't exactly realistic, but at least it's fun, unlike the latest NFSs (where it's just stupidly unrealistic and not fun).

Been playing the demo and I like this a lot, glad to see Driver regain it's former greatness.

This is going to be an expensive couple of months for gaming.

It's so annoying when you're trying to lose the cops, and you suddenly hit one of those red "walls" preventing you from going further. There won't be any of that in the final game! :D

The driving isn't exactly realistic, but at least it's fun, unlike the latest NFSs (where it's just stupidly unrealistic and not fun).

Well, they weren't going for realism, they were going for the movie-esque excitement, and boy, did they nail it. :D

Tried the demo out today. First thoughts, god damn the voice acting is annoying.

Also, the whole "shift" thing is really stupid.

What the driver series needs is the Licenced cars and driving physics of this game, the level design of Driv3r and a good solid cop drama plot set in the late 70s. THAT would be a great driver game.

Tried this game out yesterday and I actually think it?s pretty good. Although not all of the cars are present in this demo I have found the Vista Cruiser and oh boy that looks ridicolous when drifting.

Not played Driver since the first one back on the original Playstation and had heard mixed reviews about this new game so I thought I'd download the demo. Wasn't convinced by the singleplayer but the multiplayer stuff is brilliant fun! Especially when there are 6 or 7 cars chasing that gold DeLorean, all trying to bash each other out the way and pick up the trail.

I might not buy it at full price when it first comes out (not sure it's quite worth that) but I'll certainly get it at some point.

First batch of reviews is in, 8.0/10 from Gamespot, not bad, I'm seriously considering getting this. But I've got quite a serious stack of games that I have yet to play, so I might wait till the price drops a bit.

First batch of reviews is in, 8.0/10 from Gamespot, not bad, I'm seriously considering getting this. But I've got quite a serious stack of games that I have yet to play, so I might wait till the price drops a bit.

think i'll wait for a price drop too, next game I want to get is F1 2011 in a few weeks, after that the madness starts with Forza 4, BF3, MW3, Arkham Asylum

I loved the single player demo on the Xbox. I'll pick this up when it drops in price. I like it enough to pay full price, but I have other games I'm playing at the moment.

Ubisoft clearly hate PC gamers with a passion. Not only do we have to wait till September 27, but now this:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/222697/ubisoft-offering-free-dlc-and-web-portal-for-driver-san-francisco/

FREE DLC for consoles. PC = No dlc.

Awesome.

Seems as the PC games market is tiny in comparison to console sales I'm not surprised developers/published just don't care anymore. A shame as I never play my PS3 compared to the amount of time I spend gaming on the PC, such a nicer experience. Smooth running, better graphics, more control options etc.
Then I go back to the PS3 and think "why did I buy this?" with its clunky controls and worse graphics, the xBox is even worse. PC all the way for me I'm afraid, although PC has no games now... :(