Driving a my 911 after 3 months?

Solberg

Car(s)
Porsche 997 Carrera S & 2012 Ford Raptor!!
Haven't been on here for ages!
i have a question....I wasn't able to drive my 911 for 3 months as the rear tires were completely bald and I had a wait for ages and and ages for replacement toyo 888 in my size.
The car was in my garage for 3 months without moving. I did start it up every week and let it idle for about an hour each time.
Yesterday my new tires arrived at last and I got them fitted. Drove to the tire shop without doing more than 3,000 rpm and really took things easy.
The car felt fine if I am honest. Can I now drive that car normally after having it sitting in the garage for 3 months? Or should I replace the engine oil?
Is it safe to push the car to the limit again or should I take in for a service (the next service isn't due for another 5 months).

Yes.....its a Porsche....it will be fine.

Wouldn't hurt to do an oil change, but I bet its fine to drive as is. Otherwise as long as it was good quality gas it should be fine to drive, especially if you started it up and such. If you are really worried you could put some kind of fuel stabilizer in or something. I think just topping the gas tank up to full would probably be enough though. In all honesty though, I'm sure it will be fine as is. The Porsche 911 is very likely the best engineered and overbuilt car in the world, so paltry things like sitting still for a few months shouldn't really phase it.

Best give it to me for testing.

:D

It'll be totally fine.

mine sits on a trickle charger over winter and I have not had any problems - always put her away with a full gas tank because the manual suggests this - can't wait for the salty roads to give way to spring so we can drive again